1. Congrats to MSJ for beating McDonogh in lax. I didn't want to see it happen of course, but I'll give credit where credit is due, MSJ is a program headed in the right direction, they've beaten St. Pauls and McD this year.
2. If there was any doubt that the MIAA A was the best, most balanced, lax league in the country, this season has cleared it up. Just look at the top of the league standings:
St. Mary's 3-4
7 quality teams left for 6 playoff spots, some very good team is going to be sitting at home.
3. There are going to be some great games this week:
5/4 Gilman @ BL, St. Mary's @ Severn
5/8 BL @ McD, Severn @ Gilman
Winner of the St. Mary's-Severn game Friday will have a leg up for the final playoff spot, winner of the McD-BL game on Tuesday will have a leg up on the 4th seed and a home quarter-final game.
4. I never thought I'd see St. Paul's lax fall this far, and they fell quickly. If you had to re-do the odds on the StP-Hereford game back in March, Hereford would be a heavy favorite. The closest league game StP has had was a 4-goal loss to Spalding.
5. Century is the best public school girls team in the state, they only lost to McD 15-8.
6. Score of the week for girls lacrosse: McD F/S (that's freshman/sophomore team, i.e. the youngest/least experienced girls lax players at McD, the ones who couldn't make JV), beat Catholic's varsity 14-7. This is after losing to them 28-24 earlier in the season. This Catholic varsity team is tied for 1st place in the C Conference.