Did anyone listen to the interview? I read the email that she sent to the governor.
So ~ given that almost a quarter of a year has passed since this big radio event and summer is now over, have we any updates since the exposure this situation got from posters on here and the interview on WCBM?
In Maryland, do people have to prove citizenship to receive social service benefits?
If the answer is yes are state employees declining benefits to illegals?
- You must be a US Citizen.
- Children must be citizens or have eligible alien status.
- You must have a social security number.
- Your family must earn less than a certain amount of money per month
- Children must be 18 years old or younger. If you are older than 18, you must be a full time student with an expected graduation date before the age of 20. - Families must have a child under 18 living in the home.
- Pregnant women are eligible for TANF during the month before their due date. So, if they are due 2/28 they could apply 1/1. If they were due 8/2 they could apply 7/1.
I wouldn't suggest anyone take unnecessary risks and endanger their job. However, there are ways to mitigate risk.
Mark Felt figured out how to do it and keep his job.
DLS recognizes that state workers do not have formal legal whistleblower protection and has a fraud hotline on their Office of Legislative Audits (OLA) website so employees can report fraud, waste, or abuse of state gov't resources. There are 11x14 size posters in state office buildings prominently displayed so workers can call or email under confidentiality (although it is technically possible to determine phone numbers and emails, the whistleblower cannot be "fired for cause" when using the fraud hotline).
The fraud hotline not perfect, but it is the best way state workers can report fraud and hope to somewhat protect themselves.
The number is 1-877-FRAUD-11 or 1-877-372-8311.
Remember those undercover videos that exposed Planned Parenthood regarding gender based abortions? I wonder if its legal to conduct an undercover operation at a MVA office pretending to be an illegal alien or pretending to have illegal family members who are trying to get drivers licenses and see what their response is. If they are abetting illegal immigration maybe that video can be sold to Fox 45? I'm sure the liberals at WJZ or the Sun probablyy wouldn't care about it.
|Terms of Service | Search/Archive | Feedback | Contact Information | DC50tv |
Baltimore Sun | Chicago Tribune | Daily Press | Hartford Courant | LA Times | Orlando Sentinel | Sun Sentinel
The Morning Call | The Virginia Gazette
Baltimore Sun, 501 N. Calvert Street, P.O. Box 1377, Baltimore, MD 21278