To me, the way the Ravens come out against the Broncos in the first series of plays is going to be a good indicator of where this offense is headed for the rest of the season. What I HOPE is that Caldwell will do what Cameron did NOT do, and that's get Joe settled into a good rhythm from the outset, and keep it up for 4 full quarters. What that requires is BALANCE, a good quick pace, and keeping the Denver D guessing. Here's what I predict/expect to see:
1. First play from LOS -- a 3 wide receiver set with RR in the back field and a quick slant to Boldin.
2. A pitch out to RR to try to get him around the corner.
3. A bunch formation and a pass to one of the WRs in that formation.
4. A run to RR up the middle
5. A pass to Pitta over the middle
6. A screen play to rice
7. A bubble screen to Jones or Smith
8. A run to Pierce up the middle
9. A run to rice to the left side
10. A p/a pass to Smith down the sideline