Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAISYDORIGHT

Well, I did this stupid thing - accidently of course....

32 posts in this topic

I knocked an empty tube of toothpaste into the toilet right after I flushed and it got flushed down. Am I going to be in trouble or do you think it it just got sucked down like everything else.......:eek::o
How empty? Septic tank?:confused:

The reason I ask is that a flat 8 inch by 2 inch tube could create havoc in a septic system that has lower "flush power" than "city" sewer system. You also have to consider twists and turns in the house plumbing.

I could have probably squeezed enough for 1 more brushing out of it. I have one of those tube squeezers that I just took off this morning so it was pretty much totally flat - mid-sized tube Arm and Hammer baking soda toothpaste. I rent a condo in town. Probably on sewers.

Is that battery operated Daisy ? :D

GT, you are bad bad bad bad BAD :P tonight.

Daisy, I hold an H.E. degree from the school of M.O.M. And as a Household Engineer, I can explain step by step how to make free toothpaste roller-uppers....you see: take one of those annoying plastic skirt hangers you get when you buy a new skirt....snap off the end, and VOILA! it clips onto your toothpaste tube perfectly. Just roll as you go.

And I wouldn't worry about the tube going down the drain. I flushed a whole bra down the toilet once :eek::P

You might want to reach into the back of the toilet. That pipe is much more narrow and has a tighter turn radius than anything in your sewage pipes. If its stuck its stuck in the toilet. You won't know til you get a good bit of paper down there. I found my electric razor in there once, thanks kids.

And I wouldn't worry about the tube going down the drain. I flushed a whole bra down the toilet once :eek::P

Too funny! My mom dumped a bucket of dirty water and a large rag down the toilet of my house years ago. My father wasn't happy as he had to take the toilet off to get it out. And that, my friends, is how I learned how to replace the wax ring under the toilet. :D;)

I miss the old metal tubes!

Yup, popular place to stash ones money was open the back side of a tube, put the cash in a baggie and hide it by rolling up the back. Only problem was everyone else knew the stash trick. :)

Yup, popular place to stash ones money was open the back side of a tube, put the cash in a baggie and hide it by rolling up the back. Only problem was everyone else knew the stash trick. :)

I always did the mason jars in the back yard, like old Lucias Clay down in the wooly swamp.

You might want to reach into the back of the toilet. That pipe is much more narrow and has a tighter turn radius than anything in your sewage pipes. If its stuck its stuck in the toilet. You won't know til you get a good bit of paper down there. I found my electric razor in there once, thanks kids.

That's not funny, but it was funny! :eek::P

I miss the old metal tubes!

So do I. I'd like to know if anyone still makes them. I think Colgate was the last I knew of.