Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunsades

Unusual Animal Sighting

83 posts in this topic

This is far from unusual these days, but have seen alot of coyotes in Harford County lately and more so in the APG area.

And they aren't cross bread or mixed with dogs either, pure yotes appearance wise.

I have killed three Eastern Diamondbacks in back of my house in the last ten years. They are protected but we have dogs and got a pass.

wow, how big were they? ......

my daughter is having fits with southern pacific rattlers and her dogs in the Lake Tahoe area :eek:........

she has also had a cougar on her property and a bear tear up her chicken coop ......

wow, how big were they? ......

my daughter is having fits with southern pacific rattlers and her dogs in the Lake Tahoe area :eek:........

she has also had a cougar on her property and a bear tear up her chicken coop ......

All were about five feet. A few blocks away they cleared a vacant lot to build a Walgreens. I guess when they do a burn the snake hunters came in and they found eight on the lot including a pregnant female.

There are a ton of citrus rats that hang out in citrus trees and palm trees and it keeps them and a lot of blacksnakes around.

All were about five feet. A few blocks away they cleared a vacant lot to build a Walgreens. I guess when they do a burn the snake hunters came in and they found eight on the lot including a pregnant female.

There are a ton of citrus rats that hang out in citrus trees and palm trees and it keeps them and a lot of blacksnakes around.

I would love to see one in the wild ........

my daughter lived in Florida for a while prior to moving to California .......

she saw a coral snake in the wild while there which is not that common .........

whenever I am in the orlando area I try to stop by here .......

http://www.reptileworldserpentarium.com/

the viewing area is so close to George Van Horn as he milks several kinds of venomous snakes ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUittDHf_0Y

I would love to see one in the wild ........

my daughter lived in Florida for a while prior to moving to California .......

she saw a coral snake in the wild while there which is not that common .........

whenever I am in the orlando area I try to stop by here .......

http://www.reptileworldserpentarium.com/

the viewing area is so close to George Van Horn as he milks several kinds of venomous snakes ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUittDHf_0Y

It was interesting in that all three were under the same palmetto bush and really hard to see even though their colors are striking when out in the open. The yard guy called my attention to it as it rattled at him.

The dogs spotted the other two but the dogs seemed to know to keep their distance and bark.

Sounds like your daughter knows her wldlife. Coral snakes more common further south.

It was interesting in that all three were under the same palmetto bush and really hard to see even though their colors are striking when out in the open. The yard guy called my attention to it as it rattled at him.

The dogs spotted the other two but the dogs seemed to know to keep their distance and bark.

Sounds like your daughter knows her wldlife. Coral snakes more common further south.

good for your dogs, my sister's dog got nailed by a copperhead here in central md ......

yea, the oldest one is a real nature child .......

went to school in the smokies and did some volunteer work in the park (used to send me pics of timbers/canebrakes then) ......

out in cali now, lives out in the boonies and spends most weekends in the woods and plenty of time in yosemite .......

she is my oldest and spent a lot of time fishing and camping with me and that was back when I had quite a few snakes :) ......

good for your dogs, my sister's dog got nailed by a copperhead here in central md ......

yea, the oldest one is a real nature child .......

went to school in the smokies and did some volunteer work in the park (used to send me pics of timbers/canebrakes then) ......

out in cali now, lives out in the boonies and spends most weekends in the woods and plenty of time in yosemite .......

she is my oldest and spent a lot of time fishing and camping with me and that was back when I had quite a few snakes :) ......

Nice, my son and daughter both fish with me and I enjoy it.

I have seen a Bobcat near my house in jarrettsville at 3 in the morning. Foxes are common sight. I have seen a coyote once in harford country. And wild turkeys near my house and I used to see an albino deer daily.