Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

harcosportss

Harco Football 2009

1,219 posts in this topic

I have read this blog for the past 2-3 years and i always seem to see the same thing the continued lack of acknowledgement of Harford Tech as a county team. Not that i am a fan but still every now and then they put good athletes on the feild and those players and that should be reconized as a county team. I also heard they we at the Patterson Mill 7on7.

HT is an interesting program. They are the only public school in the county that can actually recruit kids from all over the county to come to their school. I was always wondering why they didnt do the same thing the wrestling team did and recruit players at HT for football. They have the potential to be a Harford County powerhouse.

HT needs to change it's program to be more like ET in Balto. Co., if that were to happen and they made a committment to atheletics they would become a strong program. They need to offer something you can't get at the other public high schools, but then again Harford County isn't exactly a hot bed for football. The emphasis at the school board level just isn't there after all it took Cesky like 21 years to win 100 games that wouldn't cut it in counties that football meant something

Ill tell you a little secret, Cesky is the AD at fallston, thats why he got 21yrs. But dont tell anyone.

But it would be nice to see Harford Tech make more of a commitment to their athletic programs, especially football and lacrosse. In the region that Harford Tech is in they could both do some damage some playoff time.

JC scrimmages Tech this year, first time in a while. Looking forward to that. Should be good game in what I hear is a great facility.

JC scrimmages Tech this year, first time in a while. Looking forward to that. Should be good game in what I hear is a great facility.

I agree that Tech could and should be a contender in the county. However, they put on a very poor display at the PM 7 on 7. They were beaten very soundly by JC, who seemed able to score at will. I dont believe that they won a game.

Tech wasn't really that bad last year. I think they were only one game away from making it to the 1-a playoffs. They had a lot of studs on that team too however, many of those kids graduated and I don't know who is left. Their field is probably the best in the county right now and its a shame its not being put to good use.

It is about that time of year when the Fallston faithful get on here and tell everyone how they are going to win counties. Come on orange where are you at? :)

Athletics is not a priority in harford county. This leads the administration at HT to discipline coaches for recruiting for their various sports. Tech will never change due to the vision in this county and their leadership at the administrative positions. Tech lost a ton and will struggle all year long.

That is exactly why you see so many good Harford County athletes at places like Loyola, Calvert Hall, St. Paul's, Curly, etc. Any kid that thinks he can play at the next level needs to get to a place where they are going to get exposure. Generally private coaches do a much better job getting their players to the next level

Harford Tech will never put emphise on athletics. It is a school that attracks top students in various academic fields. With the exception of wrestling, baseball, and girls soccer, athletes in the county tend to stay at there already established athletic home schools. The third string basketball guard at aberdeen or backup qb at jtowne would do great at tech but those schools have chance to win state championships. I will say that boys lacrosse, football, and track programs at Tech have very good young coaches who are working hard to change the culture in those programs and with the new fields in place, who knows maybe sports are on the rise at Tech.

That's my point HT should use it's leverage the same way that ET in Balto. Co. and Poly Tech did years ago to attract top athletes. Not sure of their course make up but from what I've heard it's lacking. Improve that and then try to attract some top county athletes at all sports and then maybe it could become the next ET.

Harford Tech becoming the next ET is quite a stretch. ET was a powerhouse for a good while. This is something for HT to strive for in the long run, not this season or next. Becoming a county front-runner like Joppatowne and NH should be their first goal.

who are the dark horses in the ucbac this year? Which team comes out of no where to compete for a playoff spot

My money is on Rising Sun. . .there one year stop in the Chesapeake division will help them be very competitive in the weak Susquehanna

who are the dark horses in the ucbac this year? Which team comes out of no where to compete for a playoff spot

My money is on Rising Sun. . .there one year stop in the Chesapeake division will help them be very competitive in the weak Susquehanna

Didnt North East have a good year last year and are returning thier QB? If so they are the fav.

Also Edgewood is dropping down they might do ok in the lower division.

To my knowledge, The only game they won was joppatowns forfeit

Edgewood will have a chance to do very well not having to play all the big schools. . . .how is the interest over there? I know they were struggling for kids

Watch out for Bo manor. Rec teams did very well in Cecil County last year on all levels.

Strugling for elidable players. Maybe I was thinking of Bo Manor then. It was whoever lost to HDG in the playoffs.

Watch out for Bo manor. Rec teams did very well in Cecil County last year on all levels.

If you are talking about rec football. Cecil county is in the federal division of HB and the 11-13 team went 4-5 and the 10 -12 team went 5-3. The federal division is the 3rd division of HB. I dont know if Cecil county has thier own in house rec for football. But HB is where it is at. The National division of HB is the argueably the best in the state.

Cecil YMCA has a team that plays in HARCO league. Each town has a school feeder team. Bo Manor, Rising Sun, etc. From what I saw, Bo Manor and Cherry Hill / Elkton(both go to Elkton High) were pretty good in each division.

Hey Jtowne, it was Bo manor you are thinking about. They return there QB Neddo but did lose their wideouts. However, I think they have a lot returning up the middle and would be my guess to take the Susky. I won't under estimate them again because that crow they fed me last year was not good. :)

Cecil County has a couple different Jr leagues. The Y is weight restricted league as where the Cecil County Junior Football League is not. Both the Elkton and the Cherry Hill team (which also supplies kids to Elkton) are usually front runners in the CCJFL league.

Elkton should be an intersting team this year. Coach Russell steps down after 20 years and Coach Funk (who played at Elkton) takes over. There is a lot more excitement this year as the kids have been in the weight room and are playing in a 7 on 7 league in Delaware.

Glad to see some football talk going on again! :) OK, off the cuff, I think JTowne should once again rule the Chesapeake. After that, I'm not sure. I have heard Fallston who had a nice run last year, lost a lot. Could it be NH, maybe Elkton, and maybe CMW after a year under the belt with a new coach.

Elkton had a very solid program last year especially for a 1-A school. It should be very interesting to see how the new coach impacts a well versed team.

As for Joppatowne, their are no events that suggest that they should not win it all once again, especially since they return their entire starting backfield form last season. However, they are not invincible in the chesapeake division. NH always has a solid squad under coach Brinkman and they look to improve upon their sub-par record from last season. CMW heads into this season practically returning all their starters and a very hungry coach Yohn.

thanks everyone who posted about tech it was good to hear some of your opinions on the subject.... maybe at some point you will see them build a nice program in football, one equal to the wrestling program, and now the baseball program

Long ball Elkston is 2a. I think they have been for a couple years now. Also good call on CMW. they might make the playoffs this year. :)

Neddo was the player I was asking about. I think Bo manor should win the susky division. Unless they lost alot more players.

As for recs. HB does have weight and age limits for that is the best rec in the state. I think they I think they won 6 out of 7 state championships last year. A really good program up there is M.O.T. Middletowne, Odessa and Towson thier Blue team is the national team. The National teams are pretty good. Even the MIAA coachs are scouting at the HB national division.

Also game of the year HDG vs Joppatowne and CMW vs NH.

Yes, this will be Elktons 3rd year in 2A. Made the playoffs both years. Should be close again this year but who knows.

Did HDGrace lose much besides Hines?