Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

harcosportss

Harco Football 2009

1,219 posts in this topic

what are the chances that joppa loses next week. Im hoping joppa goes the distance in the playoffs

I guess how would we rate the Bel Air program after the second year under Coach Alegi?

one more win than last year, but with a much less competitive schedule. but still an improvement. Alegi is a really good "offensive coordinator" he would be on any team, he just didn't have the head coach administrative qualities or dicipline as lets say coach Belcastro had. 'dlewis' can back me up on this one if he sees this post..

Mariners hold on to top Warriors Sat 21 Nov 2009 By Jeff Seidel Special To The Baltimore Sun Full Article View Joppatowne quarterback Dominic Harper fumbled the snap when the Mariners went for it on fourth down late in the third quarter, but the senior kept his poise and made perhaps the Mariners' biggest play of the season. Harper scooped up the ball and completed a pass to Ernest Hawkins for a tie-breaking 28-yard touchdown pass. No. 5 Joppatowne then held on for a 22-14 victory over visiting Havre de Grace in the Class 1A East regional final Friday night."Great players make great plays," Joppatowne coach Bill Waibel said. Joppatowne (12-0) will host Allegany in the state semifinals Friday night, the third straight year the Mariners have made the final four in their classification.Harper carried the usually potent offense on a night when it struggled. Havre de Grace (7-5) took first-half leads of 8-0 and 14-8 on a pair of 1-yard touchdown runs by Maurice Clemons. But Harper ran for a 1-yard touchdown and threw a 63-yard scoring pass to Tony Taylor in the second quarter that tied the game at 14.Harper's biggest play came when Waibel went for it on fourth-and-7 from Havre de Grace 28 with 3:30 left in the third quarter. Harper quickly picked up his bobbled snap and found Hawkins on the right sideline for the touchdown and a 20-14 lead."Nobody was around me, so I just kept going with the play," Harper said. "I wasn't going to let us lose."Harper rushed for 69 yards and a touchdown and completed three of five passes for 104 yards and two touchdowns. He accounted for 173 of the team's 241 yards of total offense.After Joppatowne fell behind 14-8, the Mariners' defense allowed just 14 yards total offense in the final 2 1/2 quarters. Linebacker Epe Henriques (seven tackles, one sack) and defensive tackle David Miller (two sacks) led the way. H 8 6 0 0 - 14 J 0 14 6 2 - 22H-Clemons 1 run (Johnson pass from Clemons)J-Harper 1 run (Harper run)H-Clemons 1 run (run failed)J-Taylor 63 pass from Harper (run failed)J-Hawkins 28 pass from Harper (pass failed)J-Safety, fumble recovered in end zon

They gave him the day off. He has been playing hard all year. They wanted him well rested for alco on friday. :)

They gave him the day off. He has been playing hard all year. They wanted him well rested for alco on friday. :)

not saying that he is a difference maker but that decision could have came back and bit them in the ***.

not saying that he is a difference maker but that decision could have came back and bit them in the ***.

im pretty sure jtowne is being funny and that he was probably a bad boy in school this week or he was out for his grades but will get his appeal for next game. . . . . hence the concern posted earlier from a jtown instructor

Stop looking into it. I was joking he was injured in bo manor game he will be fine next week.

Sublime most pf hdg yards came from right up the middle. So I think he would have made a difference.

im pretty sure jtowne is being funny and that he was probably a bad boy in school this week or he was out for his grades but will get his appeal for next game. . . . . hence the concern posted earlier from a jtown instructor

That person never claimed to be a JOP instructor but an HCPS one. Everyone associated with that school knows appeals are rarely given.

Who will the OPOY, DPOY, and Coach of The Year go to in Cecil and in Harford County ? Any predictions ?

joppa head coach probably

but a notable...coach josh mason from patterson mill went from 2-8 last year to 6-4 almost playoff bound this year with a very small and young team..not to mention with their back up quarterback

Who are some local seniors who will be playing at the next level and where ?

http://mdhigh.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1067363

Dezmon Hall

This kid is honestly not that good of a football player. This is coming from someone who has seen him play. Given he is a great athlete, strong, quick, and fast but he’s not a dominant football player. Dylan Burke, Mike Montgomery...only to name a few who tore Dezmon Hall apart. Just because a kid looks good on paper doesn’t mean he’s about to go play for a solid division 1 football program. And to be honest he doesn’t even hit that hard. There were players that played for Bel Air not only last year but previous years as well that were just as physical if not more physical that were overlooked because of a coach created hype for Dezmon Hall. Marc Alegi...open your eyes

How can you rip a kid for having high hopes??? The kid could mature as a football player greatly from jr year to sr year. Honestly i would take an good athlete, with technique and who works hard over someone who hits hard. Football is more than how hard you hit. Lay of the kids for trying to get to the next level. As for coach alegi it seems things starting to click at the end of last year with wins over cmw and deen. Give the guy some support and some loyalty and maybe bel air will start to come around.

Well maybe i put it the wrong way Dezmon is a great kid and athlete i just dont see him as a D1 player...I was part of the bobcats and if you were apart of the program you would understand. Over here in BA its like politics basically