Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mdterp4life

Girls High School Basketball

873 posts in this topic

I just heard that 6'7 Alston, 6'2 J. Tucker are Doves. Word through grape vine. Any truth? I also heard Keith Booth's daughter is going to Western. They have reloaded.

Posted · Hidden

I just heard that 6'7 Alston, 6'2 J. Tucker are Doves. Word through grape vine. Any truth? I also heard Keith Booth's daughter is going to Western. They have reloaded.

I find it hard to belie Alston is going to Western next year. She was in the 7th grade this year at Rolling Park and failed out.. How is she going to get into a great acedemic school like Western?

hoopfan - I think that comment is less than responsible... we are talking about young children. Keep that information to yourself or at least off a forum that the world can see. Nothing illegal about it just in poor taste... and I have no connection to any of those kids, have never met them nor have I followed them in any way.

Posted · Hidden

She was at Rolling Park in the 7th grade earlier this year and is no longer there. How does she get to go to Western next year? What happen to 8th grade?

She was at Rolling Park in the 7th grade earlier this year and is no longer there. How does she get to go to Western next year? What happen to 8th grade?

Sounds crazy but they have her taking accelerated classes somewhere so she can skip 8th grade. I have no idea what the benefit of that would be. I've heard a couple of people talking about this. Maybe the Western coaches can clear it up since they post here sometimes. I think both Tucker kids are going to Western as well.

her aau coach said she was held back and wanted to be put in her right grade. had nothing to do with western. they were the recipients of their decision. the next Dana Johnson.

I also heard SFA is loaded with transfer and young talent. any truth?

her aau coach said she was held back and wanted to be put in her right grade. had nothing to do with western. they were the recipients of their decision. the next Dana Johnson.

I also heard SFA is loaded with transfer and young talent. any truth?

Thanks for clearing that up,that makes much more sense. Good luck to her.

I've also heard that the 6'5" kid that used to play for MYBA and is now with the Shooting Stars 14U Gold team is going to Western.....first name is Infiniti, don't know last name.....anyone know if this is true???

Posted · Hidden

Thanks for clearing that up,that makes much more sense. Good luck to her.

That is a joke right? Coach Chris was telling everybody last Christmas she was coming to Western and that was why she was still in the 7th grade and at another school. Hmmmmm

Can someone explain to me why a kid 6'3, 6'4, 6'5whatever and is a 13u plays 14u D1 sitting on the bench and did not average more than 5 points a game playing 13u.

Can someone explain to me why a kid 6'3, 6'4, 6'5whatever and is a 13u plays 14u D1 sitting on the bench and did not average more than 5 points a game playing 13u.

Pops enjoys all the attention. The whole situation is bizarre. Some of these parents live through their kids.

Pops enjoys all the attention. The whole situation is bizarre. Some of these parents live through their kids.

Kid is actually a great kid....she wants to learn the game, and has some base ability...is very Coachable!!

Has some problems that have kept her back a little...just needs to find the right system, and will be a fair HS player in 2 or 3 years.

Would be a great fit for a Roland Park or if she were on the southern side would work well in a IAAM "C" level team!! :)

I've also heard that the 6'5" kid that used to play for MYBA and is now with the Shooting Stars 14U Gold team is going to Western.....first name is Infiniti, don't know last name.....anyone know if this is true???

DJ, stop playing DUMB!!

Coaching!! She now averages 12 ppg & 10 rpg....

Posted · Hidden

She should go to Western they need more city kids on that team. they all county.. and then some

For who? For what team. Shooting Stars 14u?

Are we all still playing the Coaches are bad game. She was in a public school and was recruited by Roland Park to go to their middle school. Buckley was at alot all of her middle school games and told everyone that she was playing for him. I think it is a good fit as well and like in a previous post, parents and kids make decision on the school to go to not coaches. I saw her play once or twice, she is pretty good. I see alot of Dana Johnson in her. Not comparing her yet by any means but going to Western as a big girl you will always get that comparison.

And paired with the the Tucker girls, they did a great job of bringing in kids. Plus they still have Ward and Craig. Congrats to Jesse Harlee and verbal to W. Va. She will join Bussie and Richards in a year. Huge pick up.

Posted · Hidden

Are we all still playing the Coaches are bad game. She was in a public school and was recruited by Roland Park to go to their middle school. Buckley was at alot all of her middle school games and told everyone that she was playing for him. I think it is a good fit as well and like in a previous post, parents and kids make decision on the school to go to not coaches. I saw her play once or twice, she is pretty good. I see alot of Dana Johnson in her. Not comparing her yet by any means but going to Western as a big girl you will always get that comparison.

I still do not understand how she was in the 7th grade a couple of months ago and next year will be in the 9th at Western?

DJ, stop playing DUMB!!

I don't know the kids last name....had limited contact with that team!!

As far as where she is going....Western was the last I heard!!!

Now that one I will have to shoot back at you.

Coaching wasn't the problem....system may have been. Coaches didn't use her in a Big only situation, had lots of talented guards!!!

If you are saying that she has found her notch with the 14U Gold team then that is great. Kudo's to Bailey and crew...they are good Coaches....but you shouldn't take shots at Guyton and crew...I believe they have solid rep's also!! :)

Now that one I will have to shoot back at you.

Coaching wasn't the problem....system may have been. Coaches didn't use her in a Big only situation, had lots of talented guards!!!

If you are saying that she has found her notch with the 14U Gold team then that is great. Kudo's to Bailey and crew...they are good Coaches....but you shouldn't take shots at Guyton and crew...I believe they have solid rep's also!! :)

DJ, not trying to get anything started, just stating the facts... did not know who her previous coach were?:)

She should go to Western they need more city kids on that team. they all county.. and then some

Western looks to be stacked this year. I'm sorry to see New Town lose two very good players and students, but good luck to Western. Western is a very good school.

The only big transfers so far are Amirah Tucker to Western, the young lady from Spalding to SFA, and the young lady from Towson Catholic Mel to Poly. The City schools are really ramping up. Congrats B-more City.

The only big transfers so far are Amirah Tucker to Western, the young lady from Spalding to SFA, and the young lady from Towson Catholic Mel to Poly. The City schools are really ramping up. Congrats B-more City.

Which player has moved from Spalding to SFA??