Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mdterp4life

Girls High School Basketball

873 posts in this topic

The only big transfers so far are Amirah Tucker to Western, the young lady from Spalding to SFA, and the young lady from Towson Catholic Mel to Poly. The City schools are really ramping up. Congrats B-more City.

Who's going from Towson Catholic to Poly...

Winning, it was in the middle of the season. She never got to play for Spalding. She plays on the team Shooting Stars. This kid is phenominal and SFA will win the IAAM for the next 3 years. City has not made any moves as of yet. Looks like they will be solid in Taft last season. Poly has some good seniors so Western and Poly would be my finalist, if Bmore city can come up with a better system. Had Poly stayed down at 2A they would have won a State, but coming out the 3A North with Western, it will be challeging. City should make it to States in the 2A again. Digital moves up so that will be a huge battle. Watch for those two regional finals with Western vs. Poly and City vs. Digital.

TC's leading scorer is transferring to Poly next season. Peace has joined the party. I guess she is starting to realize Silver can't have all the fun next door. She plays for the Baltimore Charm.

Winning, it was in the middle of the season. She never got to play for Spalding. She plays on the team Shooting Stars. This kid is phenominal and SFA will win the IAAM for the next 3 years. City has not made any moves as of yet. Looks like they will be solid in Taft last season. Poly has some good seniors so Western and Poly would be my finalist, if Bmore city can come up with a better system. Had Poly stayed down at 2A they would have won a State, but coming out the 3A North with Western, it will be challeging. City should make it to States in the 2A again. Digital moves up so that will be a huge battle. Watch for those two regional finals with Western vs. Poly and City vs. Digital.

No problem I know the kid you are talking about...plays for the Stars 14U Gold. Thought you were talking about another one leaving. :)

No problem I know the kid you are talking about...plays for the Stars 14U Gold. Thought you were talking about another one leaving. :)

Winning,

Much speculation has been made about Shooting Stars PG (also plays for SR) transferring to St. Frances. Last conversation I had with Asst. Coach of Stars that the PG will be returning to SR. I do know that a lot of people have been in PG's ear about needing to play ina more competitive arena to take her game to another level. We shall see.

SFA and Western don't rebuild they reload. Both programs seem to be separating themselves from Baltimore and trying to be Nationally ranked. That is why Western won 4 straight Baltimore City Championships and SFA has 7 out of 8 IAAM and a #1 Draft Pick in the WNBA.

SFA and Western don't rebuild they reload. Both programs seem to be separating themselves from Baltimore and trying to be Nationally ranked. That is why Western won 4 straight Baltimore City Championships and SFA has 7 out of 8 IAAM and a #1 Draft Pick in the WNBA.

Terp,

Exactly, that's why I believe the speculation caught fire. SFA and Western have established themselves as premier programs.

TC's leading scorer is transferring to Poly next season. Peace has joined the party. I guess she is starting to realize Silver can't have all the fun next door. She plays for the Baltimore Charm.

Dukes was TC's leading scorer, Melanie missed a big part of the season due to injuries and other reasons'''

Thank you Majic 1. Are there any high school summer leagues worth going to soon? I know the DC area has some stiff competition in there summer leagues.

Thank you Majic 1. Are there any high school summer leagues worth going to soon? I know the DC area has some stiff competition in there summer leagues.

No problem, Mel will help Poly as she brings IAAM experience.Gizzi from Loyola College is running a league that will start sometime in June. Will probably be the best thing on the local front.

No problem, Mel will help Poly as she brings IAAM experience.Gizzi from Loyola College is running a league that will start sometime in June. Will probably be the best thing on the local front.

Got word about the Loyola Tourney today....agree it could be the best in the B-more area!

McNamara and others do tend to run top flight leagues down in the DC area....will search for details and post for those interested!! :)

AA County does run a Mid to Lowere level league...not sure who is competing there yet!

I just heard that 6'7 Alston, 6'2 J. Tucker are Doves. Word through grape vine. Any truth? I also heard Keith Booth's daughter is going to Western. They have reloaded.

I heard the Tucker transfer is not a done deal. I'm hoping New town's new coach can convince her parents to allow her to graduate there. Coach Thomas will do a good jod at New Town.

The only big transfers so far are Amirah Tucker to Western, the young lady from Spalding to SFA, and the young lady from Towson Catholic Mel to Poly. The City schools are really ramping up. Congrats B-more City.

3 schools in 4 years, jeez. I think her brother did the same thing.

First I would like to compliment you guys for getting a thread started that will cover Girls Bball in the Bmore area.....I will try to support you best we can from the AACO side. :)

With that being said, what's the opinion out there about the transfer of Janay Brinkley from Spalding to Digital Harbor???

Exclusive Town Hall Style Event for Female Student Athletes

I AM W.I.S.E

Capital Sports Complex

6417 Marlboro Pike District Heights,

Maryland 20747

Friday May 29th 2009 (6PM-9PM)

• Receive info about: The WNBA, becoming a college female student athlete,

endorsement deals & life after sports.

• Plus Q&A Session With Washington Mystics Stars Crystal Langhorne & Marissa Coleman

• Plus Enter Into Our 3 Point Shooting & Break Yo! Ankle Crossover Contests

• Win a Chance to Play One-on-One Game of H.O.R.S.E. Against the Celebrity Guest

• Raffle and Win Under Amour Gear, DTLR Gift Certificate and More!

• Special Contest Registration @ 4:30-5:45PM

Should be a great event for our basketball community. It will be great for families as well!

Don't miss it!

Admission is FREE!

Congrats to Kirksten Mitchell, N Hagerstown. Full ride accepted to Coppin State.

3 schools in 4 years, jeez. I think her brother did the same thing.

I was hoping she would have stayed and graduated at NT..They really have a good coach in place now. I wish her well.

Janay Brinkley to Digital. Great look. McDonald is doing a great job around the Harbor.

People please understand, there are thread after thread about this. But this is nothing new. Kids transfer all the time. My question is why is it never a problem when kids transfer from public to private. I know we have this debate all the time but it is worth mentioning. Also, as a girls high school basketball fan, I am increasingly getting upset about this. I read the article about Reggie Williams coaching at T.C. and that is fine but what hurts me is that Pratt a male coach is now coaching girls. There are more than enough qualified female coaches out there. Not to take anything away from Pratt but it is harder for female coaches to transition into male sports. I think Dana Johnson was one of the first and the only females to do that. Your thoughts.

Janay Brinkley to Digital. Great look. McDonald is doing a great job around the Harbor.

People please understand, there are thread after thread about this. But this is nothing new. Kids transfer all the time. My question is why is it never a problem when kids transfer from public to private. I know we have this debate all the time but it is worth mentioning. Also, as a girls high school basketball fan, I am increasingly getting upset about this. I read the article about Reggie Williams coaching at T.C. and that is fine but what hurts me is that Pratt a male coach is now coaching girls. There are more than enough qualified female coaches out there. Not to take anything away from Pratt but it is harder for female coaches to transition into male sports. I think Dana Johnson was one of the first and the only females to do that. Your thoughts.

I agree with you. I am sure Pratts first choice was not to coach in the IAAM B league for girls. He has roots at Pallotti when he coached with Glick. They offered him a teaching job. That has to have a lot to do with it. Also, Pallotti has that new sports facility. Maybe he is working his way into the Pallottis boy job.

By the way, where is Deb Tayor these days?

My point exactly, Bbqueen. Not to take anything from him but I jsut feel women's basketball in general gets a bad rap. Always the second tier. I am sure if he had a choice between men's and women's, he would have choosen men. Not to say he is not going to give it his all, but I feel like you hire the best availible on the women's side and was not on the Top 10 list.

My point exactly, Bbqueen. Not to take anything from him but I jsut feel women's basketball in general gets a bad rap. Always the second tier. I am sure if he had a choice between men's and women's, he would have choosen men. Not to say he is not going to give it his all, but I feel like you hire the best availible on the women's side and was not on the Top 10 list.

Terp...again I want to compliment you for starting this thread...hopefully it continues to remain positive!!!

As to the issue of Female Coaches....I also would agree with you wholeheartedly. Down in AA County we have had a recent trend where young female Coaches have been given a shot....SP and NE are good examples of that. And i would agree that there are some good ones out there...I think they just need to step out a little more...as well as be given those developmental positions...JV....that will allow them to be seen.

I know for a fact that several schools in AA County were looking for female coaches to join their programs. So its coming!! :)

Not in any order, but in our area for example: Lambert-asst at SFA/AAU, Tully-former high school coach and AAU, Burroughs- asst. at City, Burley-asst. at Western, Boswell's asst., and countless AAU coaches. I could go on but no point really. I am not saying he is not qualified, again I am saying it takes away from girls basketball that you hire a boys bball coach, when there are very qualified girls coaches. Give those coaches a shot first, then go else where. As someone posted before, no one even knew the job was opened. And Deb Taylor did an execellent job their previously.

Speaking of Lady Coaches moving up through the ranks, last years Asst coach for Varsity Girls b-ball at AHS will be stepping up to Head Coach next year.

She did a great job as Asst and I am sure she will do a great job as Head Coach.

Thank you Loyola. My point exactly. It does not have to be a female coach but get someone an opportunity on the female side. Is AHS arundel? The coach at Arundel left?