Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mdterp4life

Girls High School Basketball

873 posts in this topic

Not sure about scores but Keough is 2-0 in their bracket, Western 2-0 in their bracket and Digital 2-0 in their bracket. I had an opportunity to see both teams twice. Keep in mind, the baltimore city teams don't play together all summer like the other schools and really impressed me. If I had to rank them right now in this tournament it would be:

1. Western

2. Holy Cross

3. Seton Koeugh

4. Central Daulphin (Fl.)

5. Elizabeth Seton

6. Digital Harbor

Had the Baltimore Teams played together all summer they would be alot more dominant. Western is hands down the best team in this tournament. Amirah Tucker is unstoppable. Craig, Stevenson, J. Tucker, and Alston are to much for teams. Silver looks like she is in a candy store. They look like the female version of the old Dunbar teams. Div. I players on the court and on the bench.

1.St.Johns Vianney

2. Berlin Hiland

3. Holy Cross

4. Seton

5. North Marion

6. Seton Keough

7. Dauphin

8. Western

* No knock against Western, but GV-Largo-MT.Lebanon and Sacred Heart was the watered down bracket. Western still has a nice team. Alston cant play with the big girls yet.

Not sure about scores but Keough is 2-0 in their bracket, Western 2-0 in their bracket and Digital 2-0 in their bracket. I had an opportunity to see both teams twice. Keep in mind, the baltimore city teams don't play together all summer like the other schools and really impressed me. If I had to rank them right now in this tournament it would be:

1. Western

2. Holy Cross

3. Seton Koeugh

5. Elizabeth Seton

6. Digital Harbor

Had the Baltimore Teams played together all summer they would be alot more dominant. Western is hands down the best team in this tournament. Amirah Tucker is unstoppable. Craig, Stevenson, J. Tucker, and Alston are to much for teams. Silver looks like she is in a candy store. They look like the female version of the old Dunbar teams. Div. I players on the court and on the bench.

Good to see Amirah do well. She will be missed at New Town this season. Coach Thomas will have the Lady Titans back in the thick of things in a year or two.

1. Western

2. Holy Cross

3. Seton Koeugh

5. Elizabeth Seton

6. Digital Harbor

Tucker is SMOOTH

Any up dates on the Maryland teams at the Best of MD tourn ?

Day 2 results- Largo 63 GV 54

RH 54 South Shore 35

Western 84 Largo 70

ESeton 65 Digital 30

Marion 65 SK 62 OT

Mt. Lebanon 47 Western 43

St.John Vianney 63 HC 60

ESeton57 St.John the Baptist 46

RH 50 Baron Collier 41

Dauphin 46 SK 43

Berlin Hiland 42 Digital 37

HC 48 South Shore 26

Records- SK 2-2 Western 3-1 ES 3-1 HC 3-1 Digital 1-3 Largo 1-3 RH 2-2

1.St.Johns Vianney

2. Berlin Hiland

3. Holy Cross

4. Seton

5. North Marion

6. Seton Keough

7. Dauphin

8. Western

* No knock against Western, but GV-Largo-MT.Lebanon and Sacred Heart was the watered down bracket. Western still has a nice team. Alston cant play with the big girls yet.

Western maynot have played in the strongest pool, however;I would rank them 2nd in the Baltimore area behind ST Frances. They are loaded with talent but it must all come together.The coaching will be important.Seton Keough will be very good but the point guards will need to mature in a hurry.

Congratulations to the MD Lady Shooting Stars 14U "gold" for ranking 4th in the nation at DI AAU Nationals. I know that this post is better served on the AAU thread but many of the talents on this team are, and will be, playing basketball for schools in the B-More area this season. Again, a job well done for the magnificent 8. Kudos go out to Coach Bailey and his staff.

Western maynot have played in the strongest pool, however;I would rank them 2nd in the Baltimore area behind ST Frances. They are loaded with talent but it must all come together.The coaching will be important.Seton Keough will be very good but the point guards will need to mature in a hurry.

Totally agree...Im sure SK knows who to call to get a PG.

The Columbia Ravens have added a Two-day Intense College Workout session for both boys and girls (entering grades 6-12) August 8th and 9th for an intensity camp with Nadine Domond. Nadine is one of the best instructors in the area with a high intensity camp. Nadine formerly played for C. Vivian Stringer (currently at Rutgers), a top draft choice of the WNBA's NY Liberty and several years overseas. This is a great opportunity for all.

Y of Central Maryland -- Ellicott City

Times:

Grades 6th-8th --- 9am-1pm

Grades 9th-12th -- 2pm-6pm

Costs:

$150

http://www.columbiaravensbasketball.com under EVENTS

The North Marion team from WV gave the guards of Seton Keough alot of trouble with their trapping defense, but North Marion was one of the top two or three teams playing. I think if they were a little deeper they could have won it all. Seton Keough should be a top team once again in 2010 as will Elizabeth Seton.

Next up, FREE AGENTS. Unrestricted. As many as a dozen new faces to play for contenders this year with the four top city schools being affected, possibly three in the IAAM, a couple in AACO and at least a pair in Hoco implicated. Not to be out done the WCAC and Riverdale may have new faces in different places as well. I'll let it shake it out as far as the particulars as we are talking about students and thair choices but it will inevitibly bear heavily on the outlook of this coming year. At least the salary cap is going up a nudge and there's talk of doing away with it entirely. Kidding. Just something to ponder for the next four months, thats all.

Next up, FREE AGENTS. Unrestricted. As many as a dozen new faces to play for contenders this year with the four top city schools being affected, possibly three in the IAAM, a couple in AACO and at least a pair in Hoco implicated. Not to be out done the WCAC and Riverdale may have new faces in different places as well. I'll let it shake it out as far as the particulars as we are talking about students and thair choices but it will inevitibly bear heavily on the outlook of this coming year. At least the salary cap is going up a nudge and there's talk of doing away with it entirely. Kidding. Just something to ponder for the next four months, thats all.

Mamba,

I have confirmed with my sources that there will be a shake up specifically in the organization that I am most familiar with. The free agent thing will definitely benefit the contenders but probably will hurt a few ball clubs that seemed to be on the move. I'm told that careful consideration and thought is be given prior to any moves.

Mamba,

I have confirmed with my sources that there will be a shake up specifically in the organization that I am most familiar with. The free agent thing will definitely benefit the contenders but probably will hurt a few ball clubs that seemed to be on the move. I'm told that careful consideration and thought is be given prior to any moves.

BBALL, Please speak english for those of us that are not in the Know:)

Agree. Hook a Brotha up.

Team SOL Basketball

2009 / Elite HS and AAU Fall League

Take a look at our website. See link below

Coaches

Team Sol Elite High School and AAU Fall League 20009!

Best Competition

HS League on Sundays- Outstanding HS programs

AAU/JV league on Saturdays - all Top AAU Programs

120 Teams participated last year

All Games are stop clock

Buy the package that fits your budget

High S school Games at Northwestern on Sundays

AAU/JV league at Capitol Sports Complex on Saturdays

Flexible schedule if you are in other leagues

Committed 2009 High School teams for the Sunday Fall League:

1. Holy Cross

2. Good Counsel

3. St. Johns

4. Elizabeth Seaton HS

5. Visitation

6. Coolidge HS

7 .Dunbar HS

8. Northwestern

9. Archbishop Carroll HS

10. Paul VI

11. Frt. Meade HS

12. Spalding HS

13. Don Bosco HS

14. Oakland Mills HS

15. Chantilly HS

16. Pallotti HS

17. Friendship Edison

18. McKinley Tech HS

19. South Carroll High School

Don't hesitate to contact us for more information.

We have the best competition!

Team Sol Basketball

202-374-2890- Joe Dunston

301 -440 - 8436- Saladin Reese

http://www.Teamsolbasketball.com

Team Sol Elite HS and AAU Fall League !

September 19th to November 7th

$390 - 4 games

$555 - 6 games

$715- 8 games

$840- 10 games

$975 -12 games -

Stop Clock Games!

Outstanding Competition!

Pick your game package!

N

Team Sol Basketball | 1008 laredon Rd | Silver Sprin | MD | 20901

Team SOL Basketball

2009 / Elite HS and AAU Fall League

Take a look at our website. See link below

Coaches

Team Sol Elite High School and AAU Fall League 20009!

Best Competition

HS League on Sundays- Outstanding HS programs

AAU/JV league on Saturdays - all Top AAU Programs

120 Teams participated last year

All Games are stop clock

Buy the package that fits your budget

High S school Games at Northwestern on Sundays

AAU/JV league at Capitol Sports Complex on Saturdays

Flexible schedule if you are in other leagues

Committed 2009 High School teams for the Sunday Fall League:

1. Holy Cross

2. Good Counsel

3. St. Johns

4. Elizabeth Seaton HS

5. Visitation

6. Coolidge HS

7 .Dunbar HS

8. Northwestern

9. Archbishop Carroll HS

10. Paul VI

11. Frt. Meade HS

12. Spalding HS

13. Don Bosco HS

14. Oakland Mills HS

15. Chantilly HS

16. Pallotti HS

17. Friendship Edison

18. McKinley Tech HS

19. South Carroll High School

Don't hesitate to contact us for more information.

We have the best competition!

Team Sol Basketball

202-374-2890- Joe Dunston

301 -440 - 8436- Saladin Reese

http://www.Teamsolbasketball.com

Team Sol Elite HS and AAU Fall League !

September 19th to November 7th

$390 - 4 games

$555 - 6 games

$715- 8 games

$840- 10 games

$975 -12 games -

Stop Clock Games!

Outstanding Competition!

Pick your game package!

N

Team Sol Basketball | 1008 laredon Rd | Silver Sprin | MD | 20901

Baller,

At this time, I can only confirm that the Wizard has two of the top young players in the area transferring to his program playing in the position that the IAAM champions are said to be most susceptible this year. Sorry I cannot offer more at this time.

Baller,

At this time, I can only confirm that the Wizard has two of the top young players in the area transferring to his program playing in the position that the IAAM champions are said to be most susceptible this year. Sorry I cannot offer more at this time.

BBall, Who is the Wizard ?

Laurel Boys & Girls Club

Fall League -- Shoot-Out Classic “2009”

Hosted by: Maryland Shooting Stars

Fall Basketball League

Mostly all the local High Schools JV & Varsity Teams competed last year, from Howard, Arundel, Montgomery & Prince Georges Counties

Teams committed already: Registrations coming in Dailey!! Deadline for Deposit August 28th, call or email to get your team penciled in…this League will fill prior to cut-off date!

BOYS--- Gap Standard, Kima, Chapel gate, Md. Lightning, Severn Disciples, St Frances Academy, Showtime Shooters, Howard County Terps, Howard HS, DC Heat, Md. Crusaders, Coleville Comets, Md. Warriors, Meade HS JV., South River HS, Old Mill HS, Mt. Ephraim Varsity, White Oaks Varsity, Laurel Select Varsity

Girls: Shooting Stars Gold, Montrose Christian V, Pasadena Buc’s Varsity, North County HS V, So Md. Storm, Meade HS V, OM Tigers, Shooting Stars (mixed),MD. Hurricanes, Dc Heat Nolan, Team Melo, Fairfax (Brian), WHC Comets, Baltimore Charm,Va Cardinals, Stars , Metro Stars , Harundale, JPYO, OM Tigers(Michelle), Tri-County Ballers, OM Tigers (Curt), Team Sol, Huntingtown Varsity, South River HS Varsity, Annapolis HS Varsity, Sure shots 93s &94s, Old Mill HS V, Pallotti HS, SFA

Best Price! ---Best Location!( Very Cold A/C)--- *Schedule—TO PLAY WHEN YOU WANT TO PLAY*

High School Fall League “Don’t Delay” “Send in Today”!!!! A Limited Amount of Teams will be accepted in each AGE Division! BOYS & GIRLS TEAMS

BBall, Who is the Wizard ?

The winner of consecutive IAAM championships. Also, this year's #1 draft in the WNBA came from his progam. Do you need more?

Baller,

Why cant you offer more at this time? Is Bailey or Maken coming or not? FYI:The Wizard is only as good as his last Championship. Dorothy owns Oz now. The yellow brick road goes through SK this year.

Why cant you offer more at this time? Is Bailey or Maken coming or not? FYI:The Wizard is only as good as his last Championship. Dorothy owns Oz now. The yellow brick road goes through SK this year.

Gator,

The two talents you mention are awesome but not the two that are headed to E. Chase Street to help the Wizard and his Lady Panthers return the yellow brick road to the Academy.

Gator,

The two talents you mention are awesome but not the two that are headed to E. Chase Street to help the Wizard and his Lady Panthers return the yellow brick road to the Academy.

Really? Now you gotta give up the scoop. Ya killing me.

Do anyone know where the T.C. girls bball going too. the transfer that was going there

also, the Dukes is at SK

Do anyone know where the T.C. girls bball going too. the transfer that was going there

also, the Dukes is at SK

A few girls r headed to Poly and Mercy. The Malloy kid is headed to ST. Frances.

A few girls r headed to Poly and Mercy. The Malloy kid is headed to ST. Frances.

This was an excellent pickup for the Wizard and his Lady Panthers. SFA will have a fantastic backcourt for the next three years.