Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snake_Plissken

How do you reheat a cheese steak sub?

39 posts in this topic

Oven is the best way to reheat a lot of stuff

if I were a voting man, this would be my vote.

second time around, I would bake it in a smooth bed of foil. refresh it with some shredded cheese and sliced to - mate - toes

rather have my bread toasted crunchy from the oven rather than soggy or compacted by microwave rays.

What the hell is a cheese steak sub?

I mean, I know what a hoagie is. I know what a cheese steak is. If there is some sort of morf thing happening, that is just disgusting.

What the hell is a cheese steak sub?

I mean, I know what a hoagie is. I know what a cheese steak is. If there is some sort of morf thing happening, that is just disgusting.

Yeah, I can tell you're a real dyed-in-the-wool Broad Streeter. :P

Although.......I can tell you that a cheese steak hoagie is a cheesesteak with lettuce and tomato on it.

Regardless, no matter what anyone says, Cheez-Whiz on a cheesesteak SUCKS! Sorry, Pat's. And Geno's aren't that hot, either. Tony Luke's is way better than those hacks.

Yeah, I can tell you're a real dyed-in-the-wool Broad Streeter. :P

Although.......I can tell you that a cheese steak hoagie is a cheesesteak with lettuce and tomato on it.

Regardless, no matter what anyone says, Cheez-Whiz on a cheesesteak SUCKS! Sorry, Pat's. And Geno's aren't that hot, either. Tony Luke's is way better than those hacks.

I get a kick out of people saying "dude, if you go to philly, you have to try a real cheese steak from Gino's or Pats"....oh please.

There are so many good places to eat a real cheese steak, and pats or gino's aint it.

As far a cheeze whiz...I though I missed something growing up tere because that is not the way we did it. Yuck.

I get a kick out of people saying "dude, if you go to philly, you have to try a real cheese steak from Gino's or Pats"....oh please.

There are so many good places to eat a real cheese steak, and pats or gino's aint it.

As far a cheeze whiz...I though I missed something growing up tere because that is not the way we did it. Yuck.

They have the name for the tourists. I never knew anyone in Philly (and I worked there 7 years) that got cheesesteaks from either Pat's or Geno's.

I used to get a good cheesesteak from some place in Essington that was really good, and from another place from (I think) Ridley Park. A lot of small local places make great cheesesteaks up there. As long as they get the good rolls, it's hard to mess it up.

But OMG :eek:, so many guys I worked with got ketchup on them! And then had the gall to turn their noses up when I got mine with L-T-M-FO and HP. :D

They have the name for the tourists. I never knew anyone in Philly (and I worked there 7 years) that got cheesesteaks from either Pat's or Geno's.

I used to get a good cheesesteak from some place in Essington that was really good, and from another place from (I think) Ridley Park. A lot of small local places make great cheesesteaks up there. As long as they get the good rolls, it's hard to mess it up.

But OMG :eek:, so many guys I worked with got ketchup on them! And then had the gall to turn their noses up when I got mine with L-T-M-FO and HP. :D

I was with you until you mentioned ketchup in a negative way.

Here is what I was raised on...American cheese, fried onions, ketchup, salt and pepper. Plain an simple, and that is the only way I can eat it now. OH and I finally found a place that is half way ecent here in Arizona...FINALLY.

The plain and simple answer is- I don't. I either eat it or pitch it.

Me too. I am terrible about leftovers. Usually I don't have a craving for that food for a while and it's bad by the time I do.

Stick it on your engine block and drive around for half an hour.

My dad used to tell me how he'd do that to keep food warm when they'd get take-out lol. He'd put it on the engine block for the ride home. :D

My dad used to tell me how he'd do that to keep food warm when they'd get take-out lol. He'd put it on the engine block for the ride home. :D

We used to do it in the army all the time. MRE heaters are crap, but hmmwv's work great.

Here is what I was raised on...American cheese, fried onions, ketchup, salt and pepper. Plain an simple, and that is the only way I can eat it now. OH and I finally found a place that is half way ecent here in Arizona...FINALLY.

My wife likes American; I'm a provolone guy. Doesn't the ketchup overpower the taste of the steak?

We used to do it in the army all the time. MRE heaters are crap, but hmmwv's work great.

That's prolly where he got it from then lol. I tried an MRE once, using the heater and all. I think I would have starved lol.

Yuck.

Yum. Add some hots and it's good to go. :)

I'd be inclined to nuke the OP cheesesteak for about 30 seconds, covered with a napkin.

An empty C-rat can and some JP-4 or Mogas worked great.

All he ever told me about his time in was about his dog in Vietnam. Now that he's gone I'm sorry I didn't ask more about it. Then again, I guess he didn't want to talk about it or he would have. We have old slides from his time over there that I really need to get made into pictures.

Yuck.

Yum. Add some hots and it's good to go. :)

I'd be inclined to nuke the OP cheesesteak for about 30 seconds, covered with a napkin.

I've always done ketchup, mayo, provolone. Now I wanna try hots on it. That sounds good. I may have to get rid of the mayo tho.