Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

How do you reheat a cheese steak sub?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 Snake_Plissken

Snake_Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:01 PM

thx..

#2 Kira

Kira

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

Oven is the best way to reheat a lot of stuff
You think I'm crazy? I've got your crazy....

GOOOOOOOOO RAVENS!!!

#3 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,722 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

The plain and simple answer is- I don't. I either eat it or pitch it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"This little piggie should have stayed home

#4 Aga

Aga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,034 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

Oven is the best way to reheat a lot of stuff

if I were a voting man, this would be my vote.

second time around, I would bake it in a smooth bed of foil. refresh it with some shredded cheese and sliced to - mate - toes

rather have my bread toasted crunchy from the oven rather than soggy or compacted by microwave rays.

“Any man can hold her hand, only the elite can hold her feet" - Sole Man

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I Dream of Peace" - LeRoy Bell

"This machine surrounds hate and causes it to surrender" - Pete Seeger

#5 jadedsue

jadedsue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,735 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:34 PM

u chuck it and order a new one

#6 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,188 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:35 PM

Put it in the oven on warm.

#7 Dee Lightner

Dee Lightner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,652 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

Put it in the nuke, put some Picante sauce over it, then eat it with a fork.

At least, that is what my husband does.

Me? I finish it when I buy it, there is nothing to reheat.
In Memory of my sister, Linda Wasserman.

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the
morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh no....she's awake!!"

My Blog:

http://gruntonce.blogspot.com/

#8 Zona992007

Zona992007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,591 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:28 PM

What the hell is a cheese steak sub?

I mean, I know what a hoagie is. I know what a cheese steak is. If there is some sort of morf thing happening, that is just disgusting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]_____________________

Mark my words, Palin quit for money. Not for Alaska, not for the troops (where does she come up with this stuff), not because of the media scrutiny and especially not for her family. She will do a book tour, she will do talk shows, she will speak at republican functions and make a lot of money (the rubes will pay her a lot), and she will eventually end up on Fox. She quit to make money, plain and simple.

#9 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40,044 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:35 PM

You've got to put it in your armpit. Then you move your arm back and forth in a punching motion. The friction heats it up pretty fast.
"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

Has Obama Taken Away Your Guns Yet?

#10 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,722 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:55 PM

What the hell is a cheese steak sub?

I mean, I know what a hoagie is. I know what a cheese steak is. If there is some sort of morf thing happening, that is just disgusting.

Yeah, I can tell you're a real dyed-in-the-wool Broad Streeter. :P

Although.......I can tell you that a cheese steak hoagie is a cheesesteak with lettuce and tomato on it.

Regardless, no matter what anyone says, Cheez-Whiz on a cheesesteak SUCKS! Sorry, Pat's. And Geno's aren't that hot, either. Tony Luke's is way better than those hacks.

#11 Zona992007

Zona992007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,591 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

Yeah, I can tell you're a real dyed-in-the-wool Broad Streeter. :P

Although.......I can tell you that a cheese steak hoagie is a cheesesteak with lettuce and tomato on it.

Regardless, no matter what anyone says, Cheez-Whiz on a cheesesteak SUCKS! Sorry, Pat's. And Geno's aren't that hot, either. Tony Luke's is way better than those hacks.

I get a kick out of people saying "dude, if you go to philly, you have to try a real cheese steak from Gino's or Pats"....oh please.

There are so many good places to eat a real cheese steak, and pats or gino's aint it.

As far a cheeze whiz...I though I missed something growing up tere because that is not the way we did it. Yuck.

Mark my words, Palin quit for money. Not for Alaska, not for the troops (where does she come up with this stuff), not because of the media scrutiny and especially not for her family. She will do a book tour, she will do talk shows, she will speak at republican functions and make a lot of money (the rubes will pay her a lot), and she will eventually end up on Fox. She quit to make money, plain and simple.

#12 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,722 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:09 PM

I get a kick out of people saying "dude, if you go to philly, you have to try a real cheese steak from Gino's or Pats"....oh please.

There are so many good places to eat a real cheese steak, and pats or gino's aint it.

As far a cheeze whiz...I though I missed something growing up tere because that is not the way we did it. Yuck.

They have the name for the tourists. I never knew anyone in Philly (and I worked there 7 years) that got cheesesteaks from either Pat's or Geno's.

I used to get a good cheesesteak from some place in Essington that was really good, and from another place from (I think) Ridley Park. A lot of small local places make great cheesesteaks up there. As long as they get the good rolls, it's hard to mess it up.

But OMG :eek:, so many guys I worked with got ketchup on them! And then had the gall to turn their noses up when I got mine with L-T-M-FO and HP. :D

#13 Zona992007

Zona992007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,591 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:08 PM

They have the name for the tourists. I never knew anyone in Philly (and I worked there 7 years) that got cheesesteaks from either Pat's or Geno's.

I used to get a good cheesesteak from some place in Essington that was really good, and from another place from (I think) Ridley Park. A lot of small local places make great cheesesteaks up there. As long as they get the good rolls, it's hard to mess it up.

But OMG :eek:, so many guys I worked with got ketchup on them! And then had the gall to turn their noses up when I got mine with L-T-M-FO and HP. :D

I was with you until you mentioned ketchup in a negative way.

Here is what I was raised on...American cheese, fried onions, ketchup, salt and pepper. Plain an simple, and that is the only way I can eat it now. OH and I finally found a place that is half way ecent here in Arizona...FINALLY.

#14 DilbertDunker

DilbertDunker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:35 PM

thx..

Put it in the BassOmatic and drink it cold.

#15 ch24

ch24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,788 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:51 AM

The plain and simple answer is- I don't. I either eat it or pitch it.

Me too. I am terrible about leftovers. Usually I don't have a craving for that food for a while and it's bad by the time I do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Wouldn't take much for me to up and run.....to another life somewhere in the sun....."-Kenny Chesney

#16 Jaz

Jaz

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,193 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:54 AM

Stick it on your engine block and drive around for half an hour.

#17 ch24

ch24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,788 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:56 AM

Stick it on your engine block and drive around for half an hour.

My dad used to tell me how he'd do that to keep food warm when they'd get take-out lol. He'd put it on the engine block for the ride home. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Wouldn't take much for me to up and run.....to another life somewhere in the sun....."-Kenny Chesney

#18 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,141 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:59 AM

thx..

You don't. Ewwwww
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#19 Jaz

Jaz

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,193 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:00 AM

My dad used to tell me how he'd do that to keep food warm when they'd get take-out lol. He'd put it on the engine block for the ride home. :D

We used to do it in the army all the time. MRE heaters are crap, but hmmwv's work great.

#20 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,722 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:00 AM

I was with you until you mentioned ketchup in a negative way.

Here is what I was raised on...American cheese, fried onions, ketchup, salt and pepper. Plain an simple, and that is the only way I can eat it now. OH and I finally found a place that is half way ecent here in Arizona...FINALLY.

My wife likes American; I'm a provolone guy. Doesn't the ketchup overpower the taste of the steak?