Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High School Soccer 2009

1,045 posts in this topic

A lot of big changes this year any early predictions? Bowie drops to 2A and i believe that River Hill is moving to 3A? :confused: and is there any word on whether or not DeVincent will be staying at Liberty and if not who is the heir apparent?

River Hill is moving up to 3A. However, from what I've heard, there has been some tension between the coach and the players. They have all the talent in the world with half of the SAC-92 team. Hope they can put it together this year, something they couldn't do last year.

A lot of big changes this year any early predictions? Bowie drops to 2A and i believe that River Hill is moving to 3A? :confused: and is there any word on whether or not DeVincent will be staying at Liberty and if not who is the heir apparent?

Bowie is a 4A school...how could they be dropping to 2A? They have one of the largest enrollments in the state. Are they opening a new school in that area and splitting up the current enrollment at Bowie?

im not sure i just remember hearing at the end of the season that they are moving to 2a?? maybe they are splitting with a new school? Last year's Caroll County Champs North Carroll are splitting with a new school and moving down. 2A.

im not sure i just remember hearing at the end of the season that they are moving to 2a?? maybe they are splitting with a new school? Last year's Caroll County Champs North Carroll are splitting with a new school and moving down. 2A.

Bowie is not moving, still in 4A. Here is a link to the new alignment from the MPSSAA website.

http://www.mpssaa.org/assets/publications/Classification%20Alignment%202009-2011.pdf

WRONG! I beleive it was liberty.. the same team that went on to lose in pk's in the state ship.. and ed devincent is not coaching this year.

no, you are wrong. liberty lost to north carroll and they had the same county record therefore north carroll had the tie breaker. just because a team makes it to the state finals does not automatically make them the county champ. get your facts right.

no, you are wrong. liberty lost to north carroll and they had the same county record therefore north carroll had the tie breaker. just because a team makes it to the state finals does not automatically make them the county champ. get your facts right.

correct on all points. devincent will be replaced by todd muschik. he helped out at liberty last year and has also coached jv boys at tuscarora.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/05/27/sports/3_liberty_soccer-27.txt

any word on what marriotts ridge returns? how about mt hebron?

Ed DeVincent is "done" as the coach at Liberty (and not by his choosing either,thank Carroll County for that).

Ed DeVincent is "done" as the coach at Liberty (and not by his choosing either,thank Carroll County for that).

agreed. see my post a few up

it is all about the kids:rolleyes:

agreed. see my post a few up

They (Carroll County) made him choose between Boy's Soccer head coach or Athletic Director.

It's obvious what most will choose btw. Howard County made River Hill's football coach choose between one and the other (a policy I absolutely hate btw).

How does Baltimore County look? Loch Raven look strong again?

they should easily take the 1A title. one junior with good speed and good touch. my pick anyways.

they had an outside mid that was good. all one foot but a solid player.

any word on what marriotts ridge returns? how about mt hebron?

Teams that I think will be in the top four spots in HoCo this season, in no particular order:

I was impressed with Atholton last year and think they will be strong over the next few years with some impressive young talent, especially one of their central defenders (Chan?)

Marriotts Ridge returns a core of strong players and some talented incoming freshmen, including another outstanding Martinelli brother. Patrick Sullivan and Josh Stover should power the offense, Nick Koutrelakos (sp?) organizing the defense. Good returning MF as well.

River Hill should do well if they gel. They have a group of rising seniors (6 or 7?) on the same club team so they should be able to put together a good season. Their freshman GK Nick V. got stronger as the year went on so that's a big plus to have him in the net for three more years.

Mt. Hebron returns some strong players with good club experience. They will be led by Aidan Hoolachan, Kevin Fitch, and David Butko. With some hard work this summer they should have a good season.

Teams that I think will be in the top four spots in HoCo this season, in no particular order:

I was impressed with Atholton last year and think they will be strong over the next few years with some impressive young talent, especially one of their central defenders (Chan?)

Marriotts Ridge returns a core of strong players and some talented incoming freshmen, including another outstanding Martinelli brother. Patrick Sullivan and Josh Stover should power the offense, Nick Koutrelakos (sp?) organizing the defense. Good returning MF as well.

River Hill should do well if they gel. They have a group of rising seniors (6 or 7?) on the same club team so they should be able to put together a good season. Their freshman GK Nick V. got stronger as the year went on so that's a big plus to have him in the net for three more years.

Mt. Hebron returns some strong players with good club experience. They will be led by Aidan Hoolachan, Kevin Fitch, and David Butko. With some hard work this summer they should have a good season.

Thanks 630. Always appreciate the HoCo input.

Soccer in HC is not strong like it's used to be. Will any of the teams above win the state this year?

River Hill has the talent to win states, but do they have the chemistry and defense to get the job done?

I know who the power teams are at 4A (ie, pick almost any MoCo team, or Bowie)...but who are the heavy hitters at 3A?

why has everyone looked past perryhall?

they have been to the finals past 2 years and are returning 8 out of 11 starters. this is goin to be a stronger year then the two previous state title runs.

why has everyone looked past perryhall?

they have been to the finals past 2 years and are returning 8 out of 11 starters. this is goin to be a stronger year then the two previous state title runs.

I am not sure anyone looked past PH. The thread is only a few pages long

i believe so. they moved into what i believe is a weaker class when they went to 3A. look at it this way..wont have to play marriotts ridge enroute to a championship.