Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High School Soccer 2009

1,045 posts in this topic

Losing Killian and Martinelli's "leadership" and "winning" mentality could possibly be easier done than said, if that's even possible. As far as winning, most if not all (?) of the starting squad this year has been on the team for the past 2 years (except for that new gk, of course) and they know how to win. 26 wins in 2 seasons is a pretty significant statistic.

The fact of the matter is, is that these players already know how to win. Whether Killian and Martinelli helped them, as they undoubtedly did, is beside the point because they should all have that mentality by now.

I agree that they should have that winning mentality but you are missing the point if you think that the loss of possibly the best offensive and best defensive players in the county isn't going to have an effect on the team. There are players who will step up to lead, but that role will be new to them.

Why do I think that? Just what I've heard through what the kids say. Teenagers will be teenagers, but not even trying to hide obvious malbehavior is more irresponsible than doing it in the first place.

Give up on this. No one is perfect but this is not the place for gossip.

Yeah this should not be place to question teenage morality, sorry for questioning it. However, I'm sure that the captains at MR taking Martinelli and Killian's spots will fill that role and make the transition to playing without them easier.

Yeah this should not be place to question teenage morality, sorry for questioning it. However, I'm sure that the captains at MR taking Martinelli and Killian's spots will fill that role and make the transition to playing without them easier.

You weren't the one questioning it but I agree with your assessment.

Hammond good be the dark horse of the county, they return almost everyone

Possibly, but I did not see much of a spark from them last year. While they may do better than last year when they were middle of the pack, I don't think they will challenge MR or RH or other schools that could be top contenders.

Yeah the summer league showed some very talented returning players for Marriotts Ridge, including a freshman Regional ODP keeper, as well as a returning senior who apparently plays on Maryland ODP and didn't start on the team last year. A parent at the game said that he will most likely be replacing Martinelli at forward. Also Killian may have been an amazing keeper but he wasn't even challenged in many games because of the strength of the defense who will all be returning. The team will have great chemistry and should prove to be very dangerous yet again, possibly even better than last year.

Also the summer league showed that Liberty will likely not be as strong as last year. The loss of Gillen and Rigby will hurt alot as they didn't show players with the caliber to replace them.

The Marriotts Ridge vs. Liberty game on Sept. 8th at Marriotts Ridge should be very fun to watch though, especially with so many of those players playing on club together.

Rumor is that Chan, the freshman sweeper for Atholton, will not be returning because he is transferring to a private school. Can anyone confirm this?

Chan has been at AHS practice all week-rumor might have started because he missed first day of tryouts.

Did you know that last year oakland mills lost a kid ,Gabe Phillips who was a freshmen when Cory Marcon was a senior...

Phillips left last year to play for Dematha and is now the starting foward at Dematha.

I am surprised more HarCo fans have not weighed in with some predictions

Perry Hall has 13 seniors and 8 starters from last year returning.They need to replace a back and a strong keeper from last year squad.If they can do that they will be back in the states.LR looks very strong should also go deep in the states

Loch Raven played well last year. Had a sophomore (I believe) midfielder that was really strong. And you know the coach is going to ask his players to bring it every match just like he does.

We have been discussing Marriotts Ridge, but how do you think RiverHill will fare following the loss of their seniors? I think the talent they have now is probably as good as Marriotts Ridge.

What about the mid-level Balt. County teams, like Franklin, Kenwood, Hereford, Pikesville, Dulaney, etc.?

We have been discussing Marriotts Ridge, but how do you think RiverHill will fare following the loss of their seniors? I think the talent they have now is probably as good as Marriotts Ridge.

Just as good if not better. Their senior class is well above average.

anyone have any thoughts about any harford county soccer teams?

I like Bel Air over Fallston this year.

As far as MIAA, JC will be at the bottom of the pack.

anyone have any thoughts about any harford county soccer teams?

saw cmw in a scrimmage over the weekend. hard to tel what they had. defenders looked pretty solid, good in the air at times and keeper looked solid as well. looked like vogel needed someone to play with in the attack at times.

I dont think anyone should count out fallston this year. Yes they did lose 8 starting seniors but they have knudson back on defense and Antonozzi up top. They also have a transfer from john carroll not really sure of his name but i hear hes a fantastic player.

I dont think anyone should count out fallston this year. Yes they did lose 8 starting seniors but they have knudson back on defense and Antonozzi up top. They also have a transfer from john carroll not really sure of his name but i hear hes a fantastic player.

Can someone clear up if transfers can play or have to sit for a year if thy are varsity payers? did the John Carroll kid play varsity?

McD had a transfer that sat last year but curley has a transfer that is playing this year.

I watched Fallston v Resevoir today. The transfer can play. His name is Gabe Kuhn. Hes a huge addition to the midfield. The forwards looked a little shaky. Its the lack of experience up top that is going to hurt them. They also dont have much depth. I still believe they will be county and very possibly state champs since they are moving down to 2a.

And also its gonna be a huge hurt to fallston not having that one forward cole back this year. I hear he has some kind of back problem but he will be back in the next couple weeks. He will help antonozzi up top alot when he comes back.

I watched Fallston v Resevoir today. The transfer can play. His name is Gabe Kuhn. Hes a huge addition to the midfield. The forwards looked a little shaky. Its the lack of experience up top that is going to hurt them. They also dont have much depth. I still believe they will be county and very possibly state champs since they are moving down to 2a.

2A is pretty competitive.

2A is pretty competitive.

Yes I agree, I think any team dropping down to 2a may be more than a little bit surprised at the quality of the competition they find there.