Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High School Soccer 2009

1,045 posts in this topic

Yes I agree, I think any team dropping down to 2a may be more than a little bit surprised at the quality of the competition they find there.

i was trying to be kind.....ok you got me.......i was being lazy:D

north carroll is 2a this year and they will be very good most likely. do not know much about bel air but marriotts ridge, liberty, south carroll semi-finalist in 1A last year has some solid players, queens annes.....it is a long list.....fallston is not going to come in and roll over the 2A teams with out playing some good ball.

"fallston is not going to come in and roll over the 2A teams with out playing some good ball."

And even if they do play good ball, chances are that they still won't roll over anyone. 2A is very much up for grabs this year. But I guess that's easy to say now when the regular season hasn't even kicked off yet.

"fallston is not going to come in and roll over the 2A teams with out playing some good ball."

And even if they do play good ball, chances are that they still won't roll over anyone. 2A is very much up for grabs this year. But I guess that's easy to say now when the regular season hasn't even kicked off yet.

i was trying to be polite. :D it is a very talented and loaded classification. also some moco teams dropped into 2a

i know clarksburg went up to 3a but i thought wheaton and another dropped.

i believe liberty beat tuscarora (last year's 3A state champs) in the regular season..4A and 2A are they strongest divisions in my opinion.

i believe liberty beat tuscarora (last year's 3A state champs) in the regular season..4A and 2A are they strongest divisions in my opinion.

yes they did. 2-0 and played a man down

i was trying to be polite. :D it is a very talented and loaded classification. also some moco teams dropped into 2a

River Hill's little 2A adventure didn't end so well last year.

Haven't seen either team yet. How does Sherwood and Perry Hall look so far in practices. I hear perry hall lost defense and goalie anybody confirm that to be true.

Just an update from the Eastern Shore: Bennett, last years 2A State Champions, also moved up to 3A this year and at the same time lost 8 starting seniors including their goalie. They play in Delaware Play Day this evening, I will post update tonight or tomorrow.

Pocomoke, last years and 4 time in a row 1A State Champions, still looks great losing only 1 player from last year but it was their goalie they are missing and that might really hurt them this year. They have Scrimmages this Saturday, and again Labor Day weekend over in Middletown. Keep Posting!

perry hall lost one 2 starting defenders and their goalie but returns 8 starters and 2 solid back up goalies from last year

Then I guess give Perry Hall the edge. Do they have a shot at the state title this year? What about the rest of the 4A teams who else looks strong?

I realize we're still early, but I don't believe Liberty has anybody that can carry them to a 2A title. Can anybody tell me how they can recoup from the loss of 2 top notch seniors off of last year's team??? I don't mean to sound brash. I just would like to know who they have. :)

well sherwood pulled it out 1-0 over perryhall tonight but perry hall controled about 85% of the game but could not finish. good look into the 4a for later into the year

well sherwood pulled it out 1-0 over perryhall tonight but perry hall controled about 85% of the game but could not finish. good look into the 4a for later into the year

The Marriotts Ridge website says that they play at Sherwood in a tournament on 9/12. That should be interesting.

Not sure how much it matters if perry hall controlled 85% of the game. The final outcome is what counts. This was only a scrimmage correct?

I realize we're still early, but I don't believe Liberty has anybody that can carry them to a 2A title. Can anybody tell me how they can recoup from the loss of 2 top notch seniors off of last year's team??? I don't mean to sound brash. I just would like to know who they have. :)

they will be at severna park saturday. give them a look. i agree, it will be difficult to replace rigby and gillen.

Not sure how much it matters if perry hall controlled 85% of the game. The final outcome is what counts. This was only a scrimmage correct?

yeah it was just a scrimmage. and i no the possesion doesnt really matter but just throwing it out there that perry hall should not be forgotten just because they lost 2 big players

Who has the best goalie in Baltimore County? IMO Kenwood. What do you think?

kenwood has agood goalie but both of perry halls goalie. at the top of their game are amazing IMO both would start at anyother scool in the county