Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Occam

The smoothest whiskey?

39 posts in this topic

What is the smoothest whiskey for sippin' straight up? With a couple of ice cubes in the glass?

Any ol' rotgut will do with coke or juices, but we're talkin' the straight stuff here. What do you think?

Irish?

I like Michael Collins single malt.

Scotch?

I like the 21 year old Glenfiddich, but there are many others depending on your taste.

American?

Makers Mark.

when I stopped drinking the hard stuff years ago I was drinking Crown Royal......

have about 5 unopened bottles upstairs from my many trips to Canada.......

years before that I went throught the single malt phase but these days its good beer and good wine with an occasional margarita, manhattan or gin and tonic......

I like Tullamore better than either Jameson or Bushmill.

Tonight, I am just finishing off a bottle of Aberlour single Speyside malt

Tonight, I am just finishing off a bottle of Aberlour single Speyside malt

Give every man his Dew?

Whiskey or Whisky :)

Scotch Whisky - I like Johnny Walker Blue or Green

Ditto! I also like Crown Royal straight up....

I've found Elijah Craig (Bourbon) to be smoothly palatable when taken neat.

But if it's sipping you want, why not sip on a fine brandy?

Seriously, there's no such animal! :P

LOL!

Tell me you've had something nicer that Jack Daniels, or Wild Turkey.;)

LOL!

Tell me you've had something nicer that Jack Daniels, or Wild Turkey.;)

To be brutally honest, ever since Uncle Jack and I got into a vicious argument almost 30 years ago (that I lost miserably, I might add), I cannot tolerate the aroma of him or his bretheren anymore; much less drink it. :D

To be brutally honest, ever since Uncle Jack and I got into a vicious argument almost 30 years ago (that I lost miserably, I might add), I cannot tolerate the aroma of him or his bretheren anymore; much less drink it. :D

I had that same argument with Cousin Harper, and learned that he, and his brethren demand a great deal respect, and if it's not given they will make you pay.;)

When a city boy friend of mine suggested that any city boy can outdrink any country boy I gladly proceeded to prove him wrong, and that's when I learned that my self respect exceeded my respect for liquor, and that needed to change.

I had that same argument with Cousin Harper, and learned that he, and his brethren demand a great deal respect, and if it's not given they will make you pay.;)

When a city boy friend of mine suggested that any city boy can outdrink any country boy I gladly proceeded to prove him wrong, and that's when I learned that my self respect exceeded my respect for liquor, and that needed to change.

I'm definitely more a tequila and/or gin man. Give me some Bombay Sapphire, a bottle of Schweppe's tonic water and a lime and I'm a happy man.

I'm definitely more a tequila and/or gin man. Give me some Bombay Sapphire, a bottle of Schweppe's tonic water and a lime and I'm a happy man.

That works too.:D

Bombay Dirt. Friends and I always talk about how we will drink Gin but it still reminds us all of baseball in college and sliding in the dirt and getting that dirt taste in our mouths.

Bombay Dirt. Friends and I always talk about how we will drink Gin but it still reminds us all of baseball in college and sliding in the dirt and getting that dirt taste in our mouths.

Dirt? I cannot see dirt.

Christmas tree? That I can see! :D

Dirt? I cannot see dirt.

Christmas tree? That I can see! :D

LOL That would be another very good description :)

LOL That would be another very good description :)

The juniper berries used as flavoring definitely "spruce" up the taste of gin. :P

I went to a cigar whiskey sampling dinner. A rep from jack daniels was there explaining the differences between Jackvs. canadian vs. Irish

pretty cool stuff. gentleman jack was pretty good