Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Local Boy

"Green Stands For Greed"

55 posts in this topic

We'll never heal from the past. Why should blacks forget their history.

That's one of the biggest problems in America. People want blacks to forget and forgive. I may forgive, but we must NEVER forget. If we don't teach our children the truth's of our nation, they'll never understand the inequalities we face on a daily basis.

America has inslaved blacks, lynched blacks, raped blacks and tourtured blacks. The fruits of my ancestors labors have enriched generations of white families.

Not only does Imus need to apologize, but America needs to apologize then MAYBE we can move on.

Every ethnic group in America could receive an apology from any number of other ethnic groups in America. Think how many number of ways your sentence could be filled in: "The fruits of my ancestors' labors have enriched generations of ___________ families."

Where should we begin?

But at least MD has apologized and next time you ride a train or recieve anything via trian. rember my German Great Grandfather laid the track then got spit on for being German and called a spy later in life during WWII.

WHAT does this have to do with "HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS"? There is ANOTHER forum for this discussion.

Interesting topic...although not sure why it's on HS sports? In any event, no question the comments were outrageous.

My own feelings as to "what should be done" - Let the free market determine the outcome. If listeners stop tuning in, then advertisers will walk away...and ultimately Imus will be let go. If that's the outcome, then sobeit. But personally, I'm a big believer of freedom of speech, so any organized attempts by various groups, to have this individual removed, would run contrary to those beliefs.

Expressing indignation is one thing, but orchestrated efforts to remove him, are quite another.

I think the original text was that how articulate the coach was and the poster was saying in so many words how much he would if his daughter were considering College would have felt great to have a coach like her, watching over his girl. As for Imus, he got what he deserved? Maybe, but no one should be aloud to say freely what he said without some penalty. The 2 weeks were a joke, maybe a year off and loss of pay, and he would have to find his own sponsors. More of these shock jocks need to be reminded that it is the public that buys their sponsors product and sometimes they go to far. More people like the coach and less irresponsible statements by these Shock Jocks, is what is needed. What ever happened to the days respect was earned and not bought/