Photo
- - - - -

Steamed Crabs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 Pasadena Girl

Pasadena Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

Seaside in Glen Burnie. Never got a bad crab there.
She had a feeling he was lyin'
A woman on a mission no denyin'
Someones gonna have to pay this time
Trouble is a woman with a man on her mind

#22 In_The_Ville

In_The_Ville

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

What about the place on Frederick Rd in Catonsville? I forget the name of the place, but I got some crabs there a couple of years ago and they were great.

You're referring to Ship's Cafe, and yes, they have good crabs. (I was joking in my earlier post.) The problem with Ship's Cafe is that, other than the steamed crabs, everything else is cooked in the deep fryer. Catonsville Gourmet across the street is much better.
Government is not the solution. Government is the problem.

Anyone But O'Malley 2010

#23 Raven Expatriot

Raven Expatriot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:38 AM

By way of qualification I lived in and around Baltimore for over 45 years and have cracked the shells in many a back yard, bar and crab house. I don't give a damn if I can see the water, if the waitstaff smiles or if I have to drive several miles to get there. I want consistency, year round availability, a fair price and cold beer. When I find a place that meets those standards then and only then will I recommend it to friends. Having said that I give my #1 vote to "Bill's Terrace Inn" in Essex. Twice a year when I return to Baltimore (have to keep that accent) I always stop at Bills.

I retired several years ago and live along the Taxas Gulf Coast. Crabs here are plentiful and available year round. I usually get 25lb of seasoning shipped direct from J.O. Spice Company near Arbutus every year. Luckily, there are several fresh seafood wholesale dealers within a 15 minute drive that have blue crabs delivered directly from the boats twice daily. They are sold by the pound and they let customers choose their crabs directly from 100lb wooden holding crates with tongs. You put your crabs in a reinforced bag, the counterman weighs it then fills another bag with ice to keep them chilled for your trip home to the steamer. The price last week was $2.25 lb.

Now if only I could find a place that has sluffing trays for fresh soft crabs......

#24 otidan

otidan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

OK, i need to take my daughter and bf out for their BDays. I was thinking Canton Dockside. Any other better crab joints in BMO?

Try Cravin' Crabs located at 4609 Annapolis Road; Baltimore, MD 21227; 410-636-2722. They have been voted as having the BEST carry-out steamed crabs in Baltimore by the Maryland Life Magazine for past two years!

#25 otidan

otidan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

Try Cravin' Crabs located at 4609 Annapolis Road; Baltimore, MD 21227; 410-636-2722. They have voted by the Maryland Life Magazine has having the BEST carry-out Steamed Crabs in Baltimore for the past two years.

#26 wadeless28

wadeless28

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

Try Cravin' Crabs located at 4609 Annapolis Road; Baltimore, MD 21227; 410-636-2722. They have voted by the Maryland Life Magazine has having the BEST carry-out Steamed Crabs in Baltimore for the past two years.

Trying to get some free advertising are we??? :rolleyes:

#27 yuca

yuca

Member?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,550 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

Trying to get some free advertising are we??? :rolleyes:

Since he's spammed this thread, too, I'll copy my response here as well:

Wow. Three posts, and all about the same crab house. And the poster makes it seem like he is merely a customer.

Deceptive advertising, if you ask me. I wouldn't sign up to a message board simply to spam the board about a particular business.

I will never be a patron of a business that uses such deceptive practices.

#28 wadeless28

wadeless28

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

Since he's spammed this thread, too, I'll copy my response here as well:

Wow. Three posts, and all about the same crab house. And the poster makes it seem like he is merely a customer.

Deceptive advertising, if you ask me. I wouldn't sign up to a message board simply to spam the board about a particular business.

I will never be a patron of a business that uses such deceptive practices.

Yep.... If they need business that bad that they had to dig this up from 2009 and spam the board? Then they have far worse problems then needing customers....