Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Prohibited items at Ravens Stadium

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 GoGunners

GoGunners

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:57 AM

I was looking on the Ravens site to see what kinds of items are permitted from the stadium and I have a question about what type of cameras you all take with you.

I just recently purchased a Cannon T1i DSLR with 18-200mm lens and hope to take that to the Chelsea/AC Milan game to get some good field shots and somewhat close up shots. But I just wasn't sure if this type of camera is allowed into the stadium. I have gone to other events in the past at different locations and have had to take my camera back to the car because it is "professional".

The website says "Small still photography cameras are permitted in the stadium during Ravens games." I have a smaller camera that isn't as great of quality that I can take but I thought I had seen other people take similar DSLR's to the games when I have gone in the past.

Any insight from ticket holders that go each week? Do you take a similiar DSLR or know if they will not let me take it in. It looks like I can't bring my bag with me so I will jsut wear it around my neck.

Thanks in advance for your help.
<><

#2 Oriole-Bob

Oriole-Bob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:11 AM

I was looking on the Ravens site to see what kinds of items are permitted from the stadium and I have a question about what type of cameras you all take with you.

I just recently purchased a Cannon T1i DSLR with 18-200mm lens and hope to take that to the Chelsea/AC Milan game to get some good field shots and somewhat close up shots. But I just wasn't sure if this type of camera is allowed into the stadium. I have gone to other events in the past at different locations and have had to take my camera back to the car because it is "professional".

The website says "Small still photography cameras are permitted in the stadium during Ravens games." I have a smaller camera that isn't as great of quality that I can take but I thought I had seen other people take similar DSLR's to the games when I have gone in the past.

Any insight from ticket holders that go each week? Do you take a similiar DSLR or know if they will not let me take it in. It looks like I can't bring my bag with me so I will jsut wear it around my neck.

Thanks in advance for your help.

hmm i was planning on taking my Nikon D700 and 70-300mm lens. Hopefully we can take these cameras. I have had no problems getting them into Oriole games this year.

#3 GoGunners

GoGunners

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:21 AM

Well that is good to know...I would think these types would be okay. I had an old Sony digital camera that I couldn't take to many concerts because it was "professional" so I just don't want to have to miss some of the game.

I have first row seats right on the field in section 152 so I am looking forward to getting a few decent shots. New to this photography thing so this should be interesting.
<><

#4 Ravenchamp

Ravenchamp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66,681 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

ah, remember on 33RD St when you could bring a bag of sandwiches , and bottles of beer in , and even a bottle of brandy in your coat pocket for those cold days
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.
The average response time of a .357 magnum is 1400 Feet Per Second

You Choose

#5 GoGunners

GoGunners

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:24 PM

well heck just look at the difference between the 2 stadiums...you can go to the O's game and bring in $1 hotdogs, peanuts, sodas/water...you name it. Not at M&T Bank...not sure why the policies are so different.
<><