Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

georjec2

Did Reagan or Bush Ever Use A Teleprompter???

25 posts in this topic

I was over on the Science and Computer board. A post there is talking about tattoos. One reply was "Maybe it could replace Obama's teleprompter."

I choose the best Republican speaker in decades and the worse respectively and ask..did they use teleprompters??? If so why is Obama's use of a TP such a topic and of such concern so often on this board???

You already know why. His speaks well....and it pisses some off....so they have to criticize his use of teleprompters.

Who cares about teleprompters when Rome is burning.

I don't care if he uses a teleprompter or not. His policies $uck arse.

I was over on the Science and Computer board. A post there is talking about tattoos. One reply was "Maybe it could replace Obama's teleprompter."

I choose the best Republican speaker in decades and the worse respectively and ask..did they use teleprompters??? If so why is Obama's use of a TP such a topic and of such concern so often on this board???

Search back thru my started threads and about a month ago or so, I posted on on the Media finally admitting O's overuse of the prompter. They say that O has used it more than any President beyond a doubt.

They said he did it as he was a stickler of perfection, as our economys and job situation plainly shows.

Either NBC or CBS Sunday morning news, thing NBC if you wanna look there. Even they felt it was so rampant use, they had to acknowledge it.

Who cares about teleprompters when Rome is burning.

I don't care if he uses a teleprompter or not. His policies $uck arse.

Realistic... I wonder about people who do still care and I wonder why ????

Found one for you.

And yes, they all use them but O has been using them better then any network anchor, given credit by many for being a great speaker.

Little on what happens when the prompter isn't there when all of a sudden, Mr Harvrad gropes and stumbles worse then Porky Pig.

My point being, he is manufactured, just like a TV show.

Search back thru my started threads and about a month ago or so, I posted on on the Media finally admitting O's overuse of the prompter. They say that O has used it more than any President beyond a doubt.

They said he did it as he was a stickler of perfection, as our economys and job situation plainly shows.

Either NBC or CBS Sunday morning news, thing NBC if you wanna look there. Even they felt it was so rampant use, they had to acknowledge it.

But he's so masterful with them....I hardly knew he was using them.

I wish I had a teleprompter..sometimes, when I get home and say.."I shoulda said". :)

Found one for you.

And yes, they all use them but O has been using them better then any network anchor, given credit by many for being a great speaker.

Little on what happens when the prompter isn't there when all of a sudden, Mr Harvrad gropes and stumbles worse then Porky Pig.

My point being, he is manufactured, just like a TV show.

Do you realize that before those clear screen teleprompters the words were on the camera that was shooting? Before that there were cue cards. Before that index cards. Get over it!

But he's so masterful with them....I hardly knew he was using them.

I wish I had a teleprompter..sometimes, when I get home and say.."I shoulda said". :)

Sorry, a few things going on here and I neglected to post the addy

http://www.examiner.com/x-268-Right-Side-Politics-Examiner~y2009m6d9-NBC-mocks-Obamas-teleprompter-addiction

And

Uhhh, CJS, looks like you erred

Right wing/Majoritarian pettiness can be so amusing. :D

Pettiness can be amusing, like this thread.

Pettiness can be amusing, like this thread.

Well you two, Thanks for joining the party!!!! Any excuse is accepted:cool:

They all use teleprompters, except for press conferences. Which explains why Reagan gave a lot and W so few. I've had to use one on occasion, it's not so easy. Imagine like anything else the more you do it, the easier it gets.

Seriously, you really don't know?

While every president in the modern age has used teleprompters when making speeches, Obama is the first to use a teleprompter for each and every statement he makes, wherever he is. Nothing is off-the-cuff for him -- leading some to wonder about his ability (or his trust in his own ability) to speak extemporaneously. When he interrupted a White House Press Corps briefing to make a brief statement -- they fixed up the teleprompter; when he goes to Town Hall Meetings -- he brings his teleprompter.

The wonder is: Can Obama speak on his feet at all? -- not that he uses a teleprompter when making speeches.

Well you two, Thanks for joining the party!!!! Any excuse is accepted:cool:

Heheh!!! You didn't think I would miss out on the fun, did you?

Teleprompter/no-teleprompter -- It's the content of what Reagan and Bush said that was obscene and detrimental to the human race.

Teleprompter/no-teleprompter -- It's the content of what Reagan and Bush said that was obscene and detrimental to the human race.

Did you ever, ever once, like any Republican in office????

Heheh!!! You didn't think I would miss out on the fun, did you?

Hear ya!!! Welcome to the party!!!!:D:D

You already know why. His speaks well....and it pisses some off....so they have to criticize his use of teleprompters.

The pitcher throws well.....and it pisses some people off.....so they have to criticize his use of a pitching machine.

After some news organizations said it was like watching Obama watch a tennis match, I can't stop making the comparison every time I see him. Side to side...back and forth. His eyes never deviating from those two spots. He's a fake.

The issue is Obama sleeps with his Teleprompter. Once he's away from it he can't even formulate a coherent sentence.

If my memory serves me correctly, President Reagan took a lot of flak for using a teleprompter as well. The argument at the time was that using a teleprompter allowed the President to "maintain eye contact" with the viewers, thus evoking a feeling of confidence in the message, rather than look down at notes and appearing to be unsure of what he was saying. President Obama is just taking notes from 'The Great Communicator".

I would think that a much more esteemed and matured organization such as NBC woulda more full use of that, rather then what they said around 1m10sec in that vid I posted. Esp with ol Shrub much less Reganzap