Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Conservative Free Republic blog calls Malia "street whore", "ghetto thug" etc.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
215 replies to this topic

#1 aped

aped

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,878 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

Obscure white power blog you say no but a "Conservative grassroots political discussion and organizing."

http://www.vancouver...2375/story.html

"A typical street whore." "A bunch of ghetto thugs." "Ghetto street trash." "Wonder when she will get her first abortion."

These are a small selection of some of the racially-charged comments posted to the conservative 'Free Republic' blog Thursday, aimed at U.S. President Barack Obama's 11-year-old daughter Malia after she was photographed wearing a t-shirt with a peace sign on the front.

The thread was accompanied by a photo of Michelle Obama speaking to Malia that featured the caption, "To entertain her daughter, Michelle Obama loves to make monkey sounds."

Though this may sound like the sort of thing one might read on an Aryan Nation or white power website, they actually appeared on what is commonly considered one of the prime online locations for U.S. Conservative grassroots political discussion and organizing - and for a short time, the comments seemed to have the okay of site administrators.

Moderators of the blog left the comments - and commenters - in place until a complaint was lodged by a writer doing research on the conservative movement, almost a full day later.

During the campaign, she proved allergic to briefings and remained determined to stay uncorrupted by knowledge.

Richard Cohen, "Dodging an Alaskan Bullet", Washington Post, July 7, 2009

#2 Evil Yoda

Evil Yoda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40,375 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:42 PM

Dude, it's Free Republic - nothing they say there should surprise anyone. They're like a sump of bizarre thinking. (And no better is the other side's Democratic Underground.)
Government ~ Bailouts

"Nature, time, and patience are the three great physicians. Still, it might be time to consult Dr. Feldman about the grapefruit-sized growth hanging from the side of your throat.
"

#3 Monroe

Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,391 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:43 PM

Obscure white power blog you say no but a "Conservative grassroots political discussion and organizing."

Wouldn't expect anything less from these "real" Americans.

#4 Realistic767

Realistic767

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,186 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:57 PM

Dude, it's Free Republic - nothing they say there should surprise anyone. They're like a sump of bizarre thinking. (And no better is the other side's Democratic Underground.)

I have never heard of either so I guess this means they get no credibility.

This thread was generated to silence all criticism of Obama. It was designed to somehow attach Republican and conservatives to a racist group of idiots. Because, being called a racist is the highest insult in today's society.

The racial insults are disgusting but they very few who use these words should not used as a cudgel against those of us who don't
He that lives upon HOPE will die fasting.
-- Ben Franklin

#5 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,125 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:04 PM

DU constantly had people using deragatory terms about Barbara and Jenna Bush. It was tasteless and this kind of trash about President Obama's kids is as well. They should attack the man's policies and decisions if they wish, leave his children out of it. :mad:
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#6 edtude

edtude

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

In poor taste and completely wrong, but not a sign of the apocalypse or that every Republican is bad or even shares those feelings.

#7 PurpleCat

PurpleCat

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,024 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

Non-issue. Bunch of idiots that have nothing to do with the Republican Party trying to start trouble.
[URL="http://www.obamaimpeachment.org/"][/URL]

#8 Zona992007

Zona992007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,591 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:57 PM

This thread was generated to silence all criticism of Obama. It was designed to somehow attach Republican and conservatives to a racist group of idiots. Because, being called a racist is the highest insult in today's society.

The racial insults are disgusting but they very few who use these words should not used as a cudgel against those of us who don't

So YOU are the one being profiled? ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]_____________________

Mark my words, Palin quit for money. Not for Alaska, not for the troops (where does she come up with this stuff), not because of the media scrutiny and especially not for her family. She will do a book tour, she will do talk shows, she will speak at republican functions and make a lot of money (the rubes will pay her a lot), and she will eventually end up on Fox. She quit to make money, plain and simple.

#9 Realistic767

Realistic767

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,186 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

So YOU are the one being profiled? ;)

Probably by you.
He that lives upon HOPE will die fasting.
-- Ben Franklin

#10 mapl

mapl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:11 PM

DU constantly had people using deragatory terms about Barbara and Jenna Bush. It was tasteless and this kind of trash about President Obama's kids is as well. They should attack the man's policies and decisions if they wish, leave his children out of it. :mad:

Well said, cprenegade. Thanks.

#11 Phineas Finn

Phineas Finn

Bewildered/Befuddled Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,698 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

My God, man, do you hide under the bed in the afternoon.

If you'd like to see fewer efforts to paint all conservatives as racists, you might want to try cleaning your own house for a change.
Over 10,000 posts -- who would of thought you could stuff that much crap into one little cyber bag?
This is the day that the Lord has made
. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Psalm 118:24

#12 Zona992007

Zona992007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,591 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:20 PM

There were hundreds of posts when it was thought they were going after Palins kids. (Turned out they were going after the loose 18 year old though).

This time when they are going after Obama's little girl....posts, not so much. Lets hope Obama has the internal fortitude to not quit because of them picking on his daughter. :rolleyes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]_____________________

Mark my words, Palin quit for money. Not for Alaska, not for the troops (where does she come up with this stuff), not because of the media scrutiny and especially not for her family. She will do a book tour, she will do talk shows, she will speak at republican functions and make a lot of money (the rubes will pay her a lot), and she will eventually end up on Fox. She quit to make money, plain and simple.

#13 Evil Yoda

Evil Yoda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40,375 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:25 PM

Both sites can revoke your membership for disagreeing with them. That, right there, tells you most of what you need to know about the people who run them.
Government ~ Bailouts

"Nature, time, and patience are the three great physicians. Still, it might be time to consult Dr. Feldman about the grapefruit-sized growth hanging from the side of your throat.
"

#14 Cameron

Cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,797 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

Freerepublic?!

They never heard of it. :D

#15 baltbob21206

baltbob21206

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,143 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

Sounds like they may, may have a token on their payroll.
Could it be..........
Affimative Action????
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It isn't about ETHNIC, its about ETHIC.
DEMS ON TAXES: You make it, we take it, everybody wins!:eek:

The ball is now squarely in the Democrats court. Show me.
No-one will rip the "S" off the O's shirt.
http://obamaclock.org/

US National Debt- http://zfacts.com/p/461.html Can we ever balance that? When The Bamster said "I Do" it was 10,676,763,787,462. 6 months in, $11,800,735,234,339. Golly, look at them numbers soar!!! (TRILLIONS)

There is nothing like the love of an Afghan Hound

#16 Cameron

Cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,797 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

Freerepublic?!

Everybody does it. :D

#17 baltbob21206

baltbob21206

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,143 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:59 PM

Freerepublic?!

Everybody does it. :D

Well, not everybody. As the Dems shift their focus from poor blacks to poor Hispanics, wonder what will happen in the long run. Cause, no-one likes being 3rd. This could get really interesting. Esp if the Hispanics should ever wake up and see that 40+ years of lying and BS is just that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It isn't about ETHNIC, its about ETHIC.
DEMS ON TAXES: You make it, we take it, everybody wins!:eek:

The ball is now squarely in the Democrats court. Show me.
No-one will rip the "S" off the O's shirt.
http://obamaclock.org/

US National Debt- http://zfacts.com/p/461.html Can we ever balance that? When The Bamster said "I Do" it was 10,676,763,787,462. 6 months in, $11,800,735,234,339. Golly, look at them numbers soar!!! (TRILLIONS)

There is nothing like the love of an Afghan Hound

#18 Cameron

Cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,797 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:02 PM

"If..." "But..." "When..." "Will..." :D

I love cons. :)

#19 SURFERJ

SURFERJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

"If..." "But..." "When..." "Will..." :D

I love cons. :)

Keep 'em stupid and on the plantation, right??....

#20 Cameron

Cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,797 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:14 PM

Keep 'em stupid and on the plantation, right??....

Quite a post.