Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gocaps

AACO Football

1,225 posts in this topic

This thread is designated for the upcoming season of AACO Football.

Talk about AACO football. What teams will contend? What players to look out for? Team summaries and outlooks, etc. More teams moving to 4A. Lets hear what everyone has to say!

Then start it all off by telling us the names and where "...3 key transfers..." you mentioned in another thread are coming from since transfers seem to be a big issue around here?

Arundel of course has Cosh and RJ Harris back. His own records could fall this year. 2 junior RBS..one up from JV and another from Spalding. The O line is all new except for returning starter junior Kopp. Big wideout transfer from Gibbons?? I believe to go along with Harris who should put up top numbers in the county. The defense will have DE transfer from Old Mill and the LBs will have 4 seniors including the leader of the D Bobby Partlla. New junior corner is a transfer from the DC area should be excellent. Cosh will punt again and the freshman kicker from last year is returning. Check them out at towson 7 on 7 this week and the Howard High 7 on 7 the following week

Old Mill should be strong with Furman and Clements. So Cosh stayed in Maryland with his dad leaving for K-State?

Old Mill should be strong with Furman and Clements. So Cosh stayed in Maryland with his dad leaving for K-State?

Makes sense not to uproot your son in his Senior year.

Arundel of course has Cosh and RJ Harris back. His own records could fall this year. 2 junior RBS..one up from JV and another from Spalding. The O line is all new except for returning starter junior Kopp. Big wideout transfer from Gibbons?? I believe to go along with Harris who should put up top numbers in the county. The defense will have DE transfer from Old Mill and the LBs will have 4 seniors including the leader of the D Bobby Partlla. New junior corner is a transfer from the DC area should be excellent. Cosh will punt again and the freshman kicker from last year is returning. Check them out at towson 7 on 7 this week and the Howard High 7 on 7 the following week

I dont necessarily think we need names of the transfers but can you be more specific?

Plain and simple, Old Mill will be the team to beat this season. Arundel will be right there with them but the Patriots will have the more complete team. After that its pretty much about equal. Broadneck will be a non-factor this season IMO. We just have lost way too much talent over the past two seasons to keep the ship afloat.

Look for Northeast to be much improved. Yes I said it, NORTHEAST. I am not saying contending for county championship, but with the league a little down this year, other than OM & AR, they could suprise some people. They have made great strides in their 7on7 this year.

County CHamps: The MILL!! My patriots have 3 DI kids that have legite offers.Josh Furman, Jason CLements and Randy Spann. Duane Goddard, AJ Butler, Justin Mullins are all possible all-county selections. What a shocker - their all the Defensive Guys!! :-)

Look for Northeast to be much improved. Yes I said it, NORTHEAST. I am not saying contending for county championship, but with the league a little down this year, other than OM & AR, they could suprise some people. They have made great strides in their 7on7 this year.

County CHamps: The MILL!! My patriots have 3 DI kids that have legite offers.Josh Furman, Jason CLements and Randy Spann. Duane Goddard, AJ Butler, Justin Mullins are all possible all-county selections. What a shocker - their all the Defensive Guys!! :-)

First of all I'm not saying that it doesn't make sense not to uproot your kid in his senior year but not all of us have that option. If i moved to Kansas I would probably have to bring my son! I'm assuming mom stayed here then?

Question...I have watched Jason Clements since he was a pee-wee and he has always been amazing. I know Furman has big time offers but where is Jason getting looks from?

Jason Clements is getting a lot of looks from a few D1A & D1AA schools (Syracuse, JMU, & Temple to name a few) and many are close to an offer. What ever team lands him will be very happy. Joe Thorton who transferred from Glen Burnie in the spring is looking good at QB in 7 on 7 along with JV QB from last year, Shields. Receiving core is deep & o-line has a few quality returners.

Defensively they should be as good as ever. A bunch of athletes on that side; Godard, Furman, Spann, Mullins, & Butler.

Arundel getting a transfer DE from Old Mill is news to me. I guess I'll see who doesn't show up on the 15th at that position because they are all in the weight room now at OM:confused:.

Arundel will be the same old Arundel, GOOD! A returning QB is always an advantage early in the season.

Don't have much of a read on anyone else. It has been very quiet. There are good players all over the county, it should be fun.

The first game is Arundel at Old Mill. It should be an amazing first game. Arundel has a tough early schedule at Old Mill at Severna Park home vs. Broadneck. We will know alot about Arundel right away.

My surprise team is Annapolis. They could be a playoff team even with there move up to 4a.

First of all I'm not saying that it doesn't make sense not to uproot your kid in his senior year but not all of us have that option. If i moved to Kansas I would probably have to bring my son! I'm assuming mom stayed here then?

But I think the Cosh family does...and that's who we are talking about.

Besides, the oldest boy, JJ, is entering his Junior year at the Naval Academy and has a good chance to start at SB this year. I'm sure Mary Cosh can keep things together until Billy graduates from Arundel. After all, she comes from a military family, where father's/dad's are often not around. Finally, Chris' mother lives in Annapolis, so Mary Cosh will have some help if she needs it. That said, it may just have boiled down to whether or not they can sell their house before school starts? Not a good time to be selling a house.

The first game is Arundel at Old Mill. It should be an amazing first game. Arundel has a tough early schedule at Old Mill at Severna Park home vs. Broadneck. We will know alot about Arundel right away.

My surprise team is Annapolis. They could be a playoff team even with there move up to 4a.

Can somebody tell me whats going on there because for each of the past 5 years I have heard about how they will be the 'surprise' team in the county but finish 3-7 or worse.

Why cant they put it together?

Annapolis went 6-4 last year. Just missed 3A playoffs. Lost by 1 point to Arundel last year. They have a young running back who is excellent who was a starter as a sophomore. I believe he was first team all county along with Dino Stevens from North County.

Annapolis went 6-4 last year. Just missed 3A playoffs. Lost by 1 point to Arundel last year. They have a young running back who is excellent who was a starter as a sophomore. I believe he was first team all county along with Dino Stevens from North County.

I stand corrected then. Must of been two years ago then. I swore people on here were saying they would be 8-2 or something and ended up with 2 wins.

Sleeper....unbeaten 10-0 JV last year with athletes galore....

Southern....speed in the backfield and a LB of the future with ability to be D-I if he can grow an inch or two taller....mainly all juniors too...I would think they all have similar schedule...southern couldnt even play an out of county game this year....

You cannotbe mediocre this year and go to playoffs in 4A not with North Point joining the region..its no longer the anne arundel regional invitational....

Slap JJ is a solid candidate for special teams but is not in the top-six at least at SB

I don't know if broadneck will be as good as Arundel and Old Mill, but their Junior Class has a lot of Studs, I saw their QB, Storey, at a Camp and he looked really good, and they have one of the best lineman in the state. They also have a rising sophomore, hopefully he is still playing football, that is a huge athletic receiver, but he is a basketball player, so hopefully he is still playing.

Arundel looked pretty good at the 7on7 at Towson. I was especially impressed by their defense. There were alot of very good teams there. Dunbar, QO, Westlake, Gillman, Edmonson, Gwynn Park, Seneca Valley, etc. They lost in the semis to Woodbridge, VA.

I don't know if broadneck will be as good as Arundel and Old Mill, but their Junior Class has a lot of Studs, I saw their QB, Storey, at a Camp and he looked really good, and they have one of the best lineman in the state. They also have a rising sophomore, hopefully he is still playing football, that is a huge athletic receiver, but he is a basketball player, so hopefully he is still playing.

I agree that Arundel & OM are the teams to beat this year, but the other good reasons to hope for a respectful season from Broadneck: In addition to that Junior depth (three LB were starters on varsity their sophomore year, and VanMeter was called up to start at RB during the playoffs his Freshman year), people tend to overlook senior Deontray Lee as a receiver and running back - he's this years indoor 4A State Champ in the 55m. Hasn't had much attention, as a speedster he took a back seat to Tony Baker last year, and injuries during spring track sidelined much camp work, but he has looked good at competitions in early summer.

The sophomore receiver secret weapon? I hope he gives up basketball, too, but the team has good depth & experience at wideout and slot: have third year varsity Treakle returning and another senior track member - Kevin Brown - was virtually unstoppable during 7on7 competitions.

Secondary is where there is the most inexperience; not good news when you're in Arundel's bracket, but the good news is that there are a lot of guys competing for the spots. Coach Harris has a way of filling out his defense.

That is great info on Broadneck Raz. Does anybody have any info on Severna Park. Who is returning? Who is the QB etc?

I agree. Broadnecks junior class is awesome. Arundel will be though again. Their offense is too good. If defense steps up watch out. Old Mill is loaded but they always finish the season on a downward slide. They always disappoint me. Look out for Annapolis.