Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gocaps

AACO Football

1,225 posts in this topic

That is great info on Broadneck Raz. Does anybody have any info on Severna Park. Who is returning? Who is the QB etc?

Rumor has it that Alex Ramsey, their all-star catcher, will be getting the job or at least competing for the QB position. An interesting turn of events, as I understand he hasn't played for a couple years and was a slot on JV. Nevertheless, a great athlete. One issue, I would think, is with an almost certain D-1 baseball career ahead, do the BB recruiters have concerns about him getting on the firing line his Senior year and risking a injury when it's not a position familiar to him?

As far as the rest of SP, I believe they lost quite a few starters, but haven't heard of anyone seeing them at 7on7's; they sent a very small number of guys to the NFL camp. Not sure if it's a signal of rebuild, simply dilution & distraction with their strong Lacrosse & Baseball spring season this year, or just JP Hines keeping his cards close.

We'll find out the first game of the season.

I know it's only 7on7 but I thought the Arundel D looked very good at the Towson 7on7. Let's see what happens when they put on the helmet and shoulder pads. At the end of the day what you do up front on D is what is most important.

NC and SP lose quite a bit of talented players and will probably be down a game or two this season. Meade? Life after Cotton could be tough. I don't think they fall to much from 4-6 (last years record) but I don't think they improve on it either.

Southern varsity was not very good last year, but their JV was real good - they should do pretty well in the 2A class if they can get out of the region.

Meade will miss Ray Cotton, but the are going to be very compeditive! There Coach is very good and he has been there a full season now. You will see a difference.... He came at the end of June last year, and the kids now believe in his system.

NC and SP lose quite a bit of talented players and will probably be down a game or two this season. Meade? Life after Cotton could be tough. I don't think they fall to much from 4-6 (last years record) but I don't think they improve on it either.

Southern varsity was not very good last year, but their JV was real good - they should do pretty well in the 2A class if they can get out of the region.

Wasn't life before Cotton quite tough for Meade?

Look for Northeast to be much improved. Yes I said it, NORTHEAST. I am not saying contending for county championship, but with the league a little down this year, other than OM & AR, they could suprise some people. They have made great strides in their 7on7 this year.

County CHamps: The MILL!! My patriots have 3 DI kids that have legite offers.Josh Furman, Jason CLements and Randy Spann. Duane Goddard, AJ Butler, Justin Mullins are all possible all-county selections. What a shocker - their all the Defensive Guys!! :-)

353 -

You posted the Gibbons/Lansdowne 7on7 results. Any highlights on Northeast, South River and Severna Park?

Who is playing QB at Old Mill? I know Enders graduated and was curious to see who they had coming in this year.

Who is playing QB at Old Mill? I know Enders graduated and was curious to see who they had coming in this year.

Haven't seen any OM QB's at Baucia's workouts, but will keep a look-out for them this weekend at the Tune-up and see if any show.

What's the outlook for the Annapolis Panthers this year? I hear they have a young qb who has looked good in some 7 vs. 7. Are they going to open their offense up?

Haven't seen any OM QB's at Baucia's workouts, but will keep a look-out for them this weekend at the Tune-up and see if any show.

Old Mill's Qb is Joe Thorton, was starter for GB last year. Has been looking solid in 7on7 action over the summer.

This is the year the 4A teams will be tested. North Pont will be good and athletic. Remember, the NP kids have been together for a long time because they came to the school with no juniors or seniors. North Point will be a tough out.

My prediction.

1. Arundel - QB alone gets #1

2. Old Mill - Furman & Clements are good, but is the QB ready for the big time.

3. Severna Park - somehow Hine wins

4. Broadneck - People forget that Herrick can still coach.

5. Annapolis - I can not pick them until they beat a good team.

6. Southern - Good young talent

6. Northeast - THey will play you hard.

6.North County - Rebuilding - not re-loading

9.South River - Needs to play harder, but has talent.

10. Chesapeake - Good coach. Needs more talent.

11. Glen Burnie - Lose best player. Can anybody start a program at ths school. They have players.

Where's Meade? I'd put them middle of the pack. 5-5 after losing Cotton would be a big step foward for the program.

I don't know much about North Point. Do they end up playing any aa county teams? How many 4a teams will they play in the regular season? From what I understand the AA coaches are conceding that North Point will go undefeated or at the very least take one of those playoff slots. A school may have to go undefeated to keep them out of the first seed.

North Point does not play a 4A schedule which will hurt them. They have to play Westlake, Lacky, Huntingtown, & other Southern Maryland powers. They will be a very good team and will be in the running for the #1 seed.

This is the year the 4A teams will be tested. North Pont will be good and athletic. Remember, the NP kids have been together for a long time because they came to the school with no juniors or seniors. North Point will be a tough out.

My prediction.

1. Arundel - QB alone gets #1

2. Old Mill - Furman & Clements are good, but is the QB ready for the big time.

3. Severna Park - somehow Hine wins

4. Broadneck - People forget that Herrick can still coach.

5. Annapolis - I can not pick them until they beat a good team.

6. Southern - Good young talent

6. Northeast - THey will play you hard.

6.North County - Rebuilding - not re-loading

9.South River - Needs to play harder, but has talent.

10. Chesapeake - Good coach. Needs more talent.

11. Glen Burnie - Lose best player. Can anybody start a program at ths school. They have players.

meade-behind north east. no discipline

severna park-behind bneck. hines best coach in county

annapolis 3- young talent

North Point does not play a 4A schedule which will hurt them. They have to play Westlake, Lacky, Huntingtown, & other Southern Maryland powers. They will be a very good team and will be in the running for the #1 seed.

Coach,

No longer the aa invitational in the east. I think that will raise the bar of play to maybe help aa county do something when they get in state semis.

NP will be a tough draw for anyone in the playoffs.

Can I get more peoples predictions. All-county skill positions. Please forgive me I am only going off of games I have seen. I know its early but I need something to talk about.

offensive poy-cosh

defensive player of year-furman

coach of year-brown-ann

qb-Cosh aru

rb-brown-ann

rb-burke- sou

rb-clemons-om

wr-copeland-mea

wr-harris-aru

wr-wright-ann

te-souza-chesapeake

ath-furman-om

Thats a solid group....hope they all stay healthy...Ill go Russ Meyers for coach of the year..