Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gocaps

AACO Football

1,225 posts in this topic

Let's Strap it up. It's time to get this party started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone from AA Co will win @ M&T in 2009.

Someone from AA Co will win @ M&T in 2009.

Using the MDVarsity rankings for seeding

East:

1. Arundel (#6)

2. Old Mill (#18)

South

1. Suitland (#7)

2. Wise (#9)

West

1. Northwest (#22)

2. Paint Branch (#23)

North

1. Thomas Johnson (#13)

2. Perry Hall (HM)

Spoilers:

#24 North Point

#11 ER

Sherwood (NR)

Said it before, say it again - this is AACOs best chance for a champ in years. Competition is still very good, but with certain powerhouses moving to 3A (QO, Linganore), it should come down to 4A East vs 4A South - here's to a long, good season - hope boys play strong and stay healthy.

It might come down to East vs South, but I think Arundel is going to have a harder time against a couple of these teams than people expect. You control the spread by having hard hitting and better athletics in the secondary than the receiver corp, and what I've seen of Old Mill and Wise, they have Arundel outgunned (in total) in that match-up. Wise might be appropriately ranked overall, as their offense and run defense has some unknowns, but that secondary looks shut-down when facing a pure passing team. Old Mill has that potential, too.

It was a similar situation with Broadneck in 2006, when Gross, Spence and Hicks had no trouble shutting down Elko's spread, but BHS came up short controlling Suitland's run game in the semi's. IMO Arundel's best bet is to take care of business in the East (which some of us biased hope they don't!), and look for Suitland to take out Wise before Arundel has to meet the latter - something Suitland's certainly capable of doing.

IMO Arundel's best bet is to take care of business in the East (which some of us biased hope they don't!), and look for Suitland to take out Wise before Arundel has to meet the latter - something Suitland's certainly capable of doing.

Wouldn't say it's a cakewalk for any of the teams - which is why put the two seeds and spoilers in there.

We'll see what the season brings - Markiewicz mentioned Arundel may try to beef up the running game this season and not rely on Billy's arm to carry them forward. A balanced attack will definitely be needed - which went a long way to Arundel upsetting Suitland in the regionals a couple years ago.

Still think OM is ranked a bit low - wouldn't surprise me a bit to see them win week 1, but week 12 is when it'll matter (assuming they both get there).

Agree with your point on the Suitland-Wise match-up - All in all, the South is the strongest conference, but only one can get out...

Can I get more peoples predictions. All-county skill positions. Please forgive me I am only going off of games I have seen. I know its early but I need something to talk about.

offensive poy-cosh

defensive player of year-furman

coach of year-brown-ann

qb-Cosh aru

rb-brown-ann

rb-burke- sou

rb-clemons-om

wr-copeland-mea

wr-harris-aru

wr-wright-ann

te-souza-chesapeake

ath-furman-om

You can take Copeland off of the list of best players in the county. He moved months ago. He is living in Oklahoma now (according to Rivals). That will hurt Meade. He is a good athlete (and a good kid).

The scrimage against these 3 was pretty even yesterday. Annapoils ran the ball well and work on the things they came in to work on. Loy look good and looks to be ready for there 1st game. City will have a good team this year and played well.They thru and ran the ball well.

Josh Furman highlights vs Towson and Poly.

Who did Furman play youth ball for?

Furman played for PAL in 7th grade and for Severna Park in the 8th grade. He had a horrible break of his arm in the SP/Cape game that ended his season - it's a pretty vivid memory.

Furman played for PAL in 7th grade and for Severna Park in the 8th grade. He had a horrible break of his arm in the SP/Cape game that ended his season - it's a pretty vivid memory.

Oh okay. Thanks. I have a lot of memories of Jason Clements playing for Millersville (He's a legend) but had never really heard of Furman until last year. Did they play at the same weight division at the same time?

Nice preview on Broadneck llynchh. I was not aware that Old Mill got turf this year. Who are the teams who do not have turf yet?

Oh okay. Thanks. I have a lot of memories of Jason Clements playing for Millersville (He's a legend) but had never really heard of Furman until last year. Did they play at the same weight division at the same time?

Not sure what level Jason was playing, but I remember that Josh was at 135lb level in 7th grade and played 160's in 8th, as my guys were in the same brackets. If I recall, his injury was probably only a third of the way through the season, which is probably why he wasn't on the radar until hitting HS.

Thanks. I'll double check on Old Mill, I know they are slated, and I swore I saw it flying over the area this summer.

Schools that I know have it so far

Annapolis, Glen Burnie, Broadneck, Severna Park, Meade, North County, Severn, St. Mary's, Spalding. Chesapeake is in the works, not sure if they got it yet.

The turf is awesome. Games like you discussed last year would not have been so messy

Thanks. I'll double check on Old Mill, I know they are slated, and I swore I saw it flying over the area this summer.

Schools that I know have it so far

Annapolis, Glen Burnie, Broadneck, Severna Park, Meade, North County, Severn, St. Mary's, Spalding. Chesapeake is in the works, not sure if they got it yet.

Old Mill is getting theirs done this year..if you check out their schedule the last half of their games are away so that they can start the process. That's usually how it works.

Word has it that Broadneck RB Ronnie van Meter is done for a good part of the season with a broken hand as a result of a scrimmage on Saturday. That will be a HUGE blow to our depleted offense this year.

He was first team his name is Demond Brown watch out for him because the boy is good

Annapolis went 6-4 last year. Just missed 3A playoffs. Lost by 1 point to Arundel last year. They have a young running back who is excellent who was a starter as a sophomore. I believe he was first team all county along with Dino Stevens from North County.

A High have a young team but you better keep your eyes on them. It's alot of good player on Annapolis