Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gocaps

AACO Football

1,225 posts in this topic

[i hope so because they have alot of good player that can catch and that young running back is good he was great last year he better keep it up so Annapolis can get some wins....QUOTE=Navy Football;4983724]What's the outlook for the Annapolis Panthers this year? I hear they have a young qb who has looked good in some 7 vs. 7. Are they going to open their offense up?

SP is cancelled, too.

Any word on NC and Linganore? That's along drive to find out the game is cancelled.

Well its about damn time for this!! Can Old Mill prove that they are legitimate contenders this season or is Arundel going to show that it is still their title for someone to take from them? Can Broadneck get back to the playoffs this season or are we in trouble and entering a downward swing in talent? Can someone from the depths of the county rise to make a surprising playoff run or just improve themselves from seasons past? So may questions that are soon going to be answered. Lets get the predictions out there. Note that South River is going to get the automatic win by forfeit from Glen Burnie this week.

Old Mill 31 Arundel 28

Broadneck 23 Severna Park 17 (Man I hope im right about this one)

Southern 20 Meade 10

North County 42 Northeast 7

Annapolis 35 Chesapeake 6

Arundel 30 Old Mill 28

Broadneck 14 Serverna Park 13

Meade 26 Southern 14

North Cnty 24 North East 7

Naptown 28 Chesapeake 6

I wish they didn't put the two best rivalry games on the same weekend

I for one hate rivarly games during week one. Broadneck vs SP is a much better game week ten than it is week one. Just my opinion.

Arundel over Old Mill

Severna Park over Broadneck

Meade over Southern

North County over Northeast

Annapolis over Chesapeake

Arundel 20 Old Mill 14 surprising defensive battle

Severna Park 28 Broadneck 14 Is Ramsay the starter?

Meade 17 Southern 13 Meade will have a good defense

North County 31 Northeast 21 Northeast will be better then expected

Annapolis 31 Chesapeake 0 Who is the QB? Running game will be good

I for one hate rivarly games during week one. Broadneck vs SP is a much better game week ten than it is week one. Just my opinion.

Definitely. They try to diffuse as much energy from the SP/Broadneck rivalry as possible, so I guess they figured week 1 would have a lot less meaning. Arundel and Old Mill have two offenses that will get better as the years goes on, so you would love to see that game later

I think Ramsay will be a slot back

My Picks:

Arundel 35 Old Mill 24 - Cosh to Harris about 3 or 4 times look out for Furman

Broadneck 17 Severna Park 10 - Whoever wins the Turnover Battle Wins

Southern 30 Meade 12 - No Cotten = same ol Meade plus Southern is Strong

North County 21 Northeast 6 - This should be a close game NC lost alot

Annapolis 27 Chesapeake 17 - Chesapeake is better but Annapolis is to quick

I also disagree with having the big games on week 1.

I like the Arundel guys, but you've got the same star players as last years match-up that Old Mill won 34-19. OM lost Enders, Arundel lost Lemon. Lemon is a much bigger impact loss (Syracuse #2 WR as freshman). River Hill demonstrated a week ago that Arundel can be stopped with the right athletes.

OM 28 Arundel 17

Too superstitous to predict Broadneck/SP. We know what the head to head preseason match-ups results were, but the rivalry head games are the wild card. On paper, BHS should have won it last year.

North County and Annapolis will surprise everyone.

I have heard that Northeast will be better. What are their strengths? Where have they improved?

Northeast looked good at the Towson 7on7. Let's see if it translates in helmets and pads.

It is going to come down to alot more then lemon and enders being gone. Arundel has only 3 starters returning on offense. it is going to be real important to see how the new starters mesh. The 3 returning starters Cosh (QB) Harris (WR) and Kopp (LT) are all all-county type players. Watch out for the Spalding transfer Joseph Blackwell at RB that will give them a more balanced attack. Maybe 80/20 pass to run as opposed to 90/10...LOL

I would not write the Arundel offense off because of what River Hill's defense did to them in a 10 minute window.

The defense is the new wrinkle. The 8 upfront have looked dominant in scrimmages and the secondary appears more athletic then in years past. Everyone knows Bobby Partilla but the other LBs are experienced as well.

Can't wait till Friday. It should be real competitive football being played at a high level.

Northeast at North County will surprise some people. Northeast was much improved last year as well as Chesapeake. I dont know if they still have Thursby who plays both ways but North County I think will struggle without Dino Stevens. It should be a close game but there are more exciting games this week 1. Ar/Om 2. Bn/Sp. Like gocaps said lets see if it translates helmets and pads for NE.

It is going to come down to alot more then lemon and enders being gone. Arundel has only 3 starters returning on offense. it is going to be real important to see how the new starters mesh.

gocaps - I think this is the key. Both Arundel and Old Mill return a good nucleus with solid players and both have several question marks. Both teams have the proverbial "all the pieces of the puzzle" but it will be a matter of putting the puzzle together by Friday night.

For what it's worth, it wouldn't surprise me to see Old Mill take the game in week one - both these teams will be significantly different in terms of experience by week 10.

Big issue for Arundel is that the game is at Old Mill, for the second year in a row, and will be played on long grass. Second key to the game is how effective Arundel's linebackers can stop the Old Mill running tandem of Furman/Clements. If they can shut down the run and get the passing game working early, it could swing for Arundel.

That said, this is a game I would've loved to see in week 9 or 10 versus week 1.

Good luck to all AACO teams this season!