Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Willis23istheman

Is there a Sonic in the area?

74 posts in this topic

We have two here in dover delaware. Not all its cracked up to be. We dont have checkers here like in maryland which is what I like. Id also like to see a Jack in the box around the area. I see the commericals for that but the closest one is in NC.

It would be nice to have some of the burger chains here that are plentiful out west and down south. Jack in the Box and In and Out Burger are better than any of the local burger chains for my taste. Whataburger too... :)

Unfortunately not yet in Maryland. I do hear that they will be expanding into our state soon and the first ones will be in the Salisbury area and maybe Hagerstown.

I am in VA for the summer and there are so many great places that could use more locations in MD like Sonic, BOjangles, Texas Roadhouse and especially Waffle House.

I see the commercials all the time and the food looks pretty good. I also got a text from WNST saying something about the restaurant. Does a sonic exist in the baltimore area?

I thought the same thing when I saw their commercials. I have since eaten at three and they were pretty much horrible. I can't think of a fast food chain I dislike more, except perhaps Burger King.

I remember driving by one under construction in DE a few years ago. As to the previous post and BK, I stopped in one and ordered the "angry' Whopper. Usually I can deal with whatever they put on a burger, but this stuff was just over the top. Never again.

I go to the one in Winchester sometimes. It's not bad if you want a nice drive. It take about 1:15-1:30 from pasadena. It's slightly better then any other fast food. Its similar but different.

I did see one under construction on the way to the ocean. It was either Cambridge or Easton not sure which

The owners are from AACo.

Ah that is great news. I think there would be a huge market for a sonic in AA county. Just as I thought there would be for Chipotle about 2-3 years ago... I need to start a franchise lol

Ah that is great news. I think there would be a huge market for a sonic in AA county. Just as I thought there would be for Chipotle about 2-3 years ago... I need to start a franchise lol

can i be your partner

Was up in Hanover last evening, and after erading this post, I decided to treat the fam to a drive-in dinner.

The food was as I remembered, OK, better than most fast food, and the drinks were great as usual. My little girl loved the chicken tenders, apple slices and chocolate milk. It was a trip down memory lane for me, as I used to seek them out when traveling for business. I could get a cheapo lunch or dinner and save the per-diem difference for a 'real meal' somewhere down the line.

Fo my dinner?

2 corn dogs

med fries

lg cherry limeaid (light ice)

and a peanut butter chocolate shake for dessert...

Not the health nut's wet dream meal, but a good treat for a change. The drive up to Hanover was nice, we took 26-194 from Frederick. (we had bidness in Taneytown last night, and the 15-minute ride up to Hanover was worth it...)

The closest one I've been to is in Newport News, VA.

I also went to the one in Newport News...last year

The food wasn't as good as the commercials make it out to be

IMO

I also went to the one in Newport News...last year

The food wasn't as good as the commercials make it out to be

IMO

The commercials do make the food really appealing. I guess that is the power of advertising. The only Sonic I ever went to was last summer in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:City alt=</st1:City>South Hill, <st1:State w:st="on">VA. </st1:State>The food was not all that. But, I did enjoy the slushy drink that I had. It was very refreshing on a hot day.

The commercials do make the food really appealing. I guess that is the power of advertising. The only Sonic I ever went to was last summer in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:City alt=</st1:City>South Hill, <st1:State w:st="on">VA. </st1:State>The food was not all that. But, I did enjoy the slushy drink that I had. It was very refreshing on a hot day.

A fast food place that impressed me lately is Hardees, try one of their milkshakes they are pretty darn awesome and the food is much higher quality than Mcdonalds and Burger King.

A fast food place that impressed me lately is Hardees, try one of their milkshakes they are pretty darn awesome and the food is much higher quality than Mcdonalds and Burger King.

Yes, the milkshakes are very good. I find the food much better than Mickey D's, BK and Wendys. A bit pricey though.

I don't know how old you are, but Hardees had locations in Maryland until the 80s/90s.

Sometime during the 90s (I think), business took a downturn, and Hardees pulled out of Maryland, as well as the East Coast, I believe.