• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 Froggie

Froggie

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:59 AM

Hanover, PA and Red Lion, PA are the closest to Baltimore, but why would anyone drive over 40 miles just for that?

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/locator/

You've obviously never had their Limeade. :D
Someday we'll find it, the Rainbow Connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.
~Kermit the Frog~

#22 2005Terp

2005Terp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

I always hit up the one in Bridgeville, DE since its right on the way to the beach...they really need to expand to the Bmore/DC metro area

#23 RWBroncofan24

RWBroncofan24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

I always hit up the one in Bridgeville, DE since its right on the way to the beach...they really need to expand to the Bmore/DC metro area

I was just at that one 2 days ago. Good place :)
"He's not longer with us but he left this dusty room
In your name and it’s an honor"

-The Fray
RIP Geno
6/22/09

#24 ch24

ch24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,788 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:32 AM

It's one of my sweet southern comforts. Along with Bojangles and Waffle House (I know there are a few around here. I just like it better when they are on every corner and you can still smoke inside. Not that I smoke, I just think it's cool that they still let people.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Wouldn't take much for me to up and run.....to another life somewhere in the sun....."-Kenny Chesney

#25 tsmonk

tsmonk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

The wife and I were in South Hill, VA on Friday, and we had out first Sonic experience. I liked the Cherry Slush.

#26 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,964 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:24 AM

We have two here in dover delaware. Not all its cracked up to be. We dont have checkers here like in maryland which is what I like. Id also like to see a Jack in the box around the area. I see the commericals for that but the closest one is in NC.

It would be nice to have some of the burger chains here that are plentiful out west and down south. Jack in the Box and In and Out Burger are better than any of the local burger chains for my taste. Whataburger too... :)
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#27 Bloomin Onion

Bloomin Onion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

Unfortunately not yet in Maryland. I do hear that they will be expanding into our state soon and the first ones will be in the Salisbury area and maybe Hagerstown.

I am in VA for the summer and there are so many great places that could use more locations in MD like Sonic, BOjangles, Texas Roadhouse and especially Waffle House.

#28 golgo

golgo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

I see the commercials all the time and the food looks pretty good. I also got a text from WNST saying something about the restaurant. Does a sonic exist in the baltimore area?

I thought the same thing when I saw their commercials. I have since eaten at three and they were pretty much horrible. I can't think of a fast food chain I dislike more, except perhaps Burger King.
"Meditation is terrific and all, but I've never heard of it saving anyone from a gang rape type situation."

"Lance Stephenson is like a supermodel with herpes"

#29 Aquanewt

Aquanewt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,548 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:52 PM

I remember driving by one under construction in DE a few years ago. As to the previous post and BK, I stopped in one and ordered the "angry' Whopper. Usually I can deal with whatever they put on a burger, but this stuff was just over the top. Never again.
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges."

#30 Jeffro126

Jeffro126

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:00 AM

I go to the one in Winchester sometimes. It's not bad if you want a nice drive. It take about 1:15-1:30 from pasadena. It's slightly better then any other fast food. Its similar but different.

I did see one under construction on the way to the ocean. It was either Cambridge or Easton not sure which

#31 wadeless28

wadeless28

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:29 PM

One is open in Salisbury now. Opened about 2 months ago.

The owners are from AACo. So maybe, just maybe they may be looking to expand into Central Maryland.

#32 bdub85

bdub85

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:54 PM

The owners are from AACo.

Ah that is great news. I think there would be a huge market for a sonic in AA county. Just as I thought there would be for Chipotle about 2-3 years ago... I need to start a franchise lol

#33 primetime

primetime

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:49 PM

Ah that is great news. I think there would be a huge market for a sonic in AA county. Just as I thought there would be for Chipotle about 2-3 years ago... I need to start a franchise lol

can i be your partner

#34 BiggSeth

BiggSeth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,031 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

Was up in Hanover last evening, and after erading this post, I decided to treat the fam to a drive-in dinner.

The food was as I remembered, OK, better than most fast food, and the drinks were great as usual. My little girl loved the chicken tenders, apple slices and chocolate milk. It was a trip down memory lane for me, as I used to seek them out when traveling for business. I could get a cheapo lunch or dinner and save the per-diem difference for a 'real meal' somewhere down the line.

Fo my dinner?

2 corn dogs
med fries
lg cherry limeaid (light ice)

and a peanut butter chocolate shake for dessert...

Not the health nut's wet dream meal, but a good treat for a change. The drive up to Hanover was nice, we took 26-194 from Frederick. (we had bidness in Taneytown last night, and the 15-minute ride up to Hanover was worth it...)
The essence of Freedom is the proper limitation of Government.....

#35 golgo

golgo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

can i be your partner

All you need is about $1million in liquid assets.
"Meditation is terrific and all, but I've never heard of it saving anyone from a gang rape type situation."

"Lance Stephenson is like a supermodel with herpes"

#36 primetime

primetime

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

All you need is about $1million in liquid assets.

oh well that lets me out, maybe i could be a silent partner and work my way up the corporate ladder

#37 Rocketwolf

Rocketwolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,733 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:35 AM

There is an empty lot outside of Easton saying Sonic now hiring, it will be built before Jan. they say.

I trust the Police
more than I trust President Obama

#38 wadeless28

wadeless28

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:54 AM

There is an empty lot outside of Easton saying Sonic now hiring, it will be built before Jan. they say.

Its slowly coming to the area............ lol :D

#39 wadeless28

wadeless28

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

Its slowly coming to the area............ lol :D

http://www.carrollco...70150661292.txt

Maybe a little quicker now.

#40 Moandie

Moandie