• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 tsmonk

tsmonk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:14 PM

It looks like the Baltimore Metro area will finally get a few Sonic restaurants. Eventually, we might be overrun with them.

http://www.examiner....ng_twitter:3264

#42 A-KOMA

A-KOMA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:26 PM

I wish we would get a Sheetz

#43 SlapNut

SlapNut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:52 PM

Went to a Sonic in the Outer Banks a few years ago. It was the 2nd worst fast food I've ever had, with Checkers being #1.

#44 HCSoftballMom

HCSoftballMom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

I used to go to Sonic in Phoenix in the early 2000's. I went to one in Salisbury last summer and it was, to say the least, forgettable. I don't think I'll go back. I'd like to see a Rubio's open here.

#45 MontanaJack

MontanaJack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:44 AM

You guys have Five Guys and Chipotle and you want Sonic???

#46 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:47 AM

The closest one I've been to is in Newport News, VA.

I also went to the one in Newport News...last year

The food wasn't as good as the commercials make it out to be
IMO

#47 tsmonk

tsmonk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:39 PM

I also went to the one in Newport News...last year

The food wasn't as good as the commercials make it out to be
IMO

The commercials do make the food really appealing. I guess that is the power of advertising. The only Sonic I ever went to was last summer in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[IMG]http://talk.baltimoresun.com/ /><st1:City alt=[/IMG]</st1:City>South Hill, <st1:State w:st="on">VA. </st1:State>The food was not all that. But, I did enjoy the slushy drink that I had. It was very refreshing on a hot day.

#48 Oriole-Bob

Oriole-Bob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:13 PM

The commercials do make the food really appealing. I guess that is the power of advertising. The only Sonic I ever went to was last summer in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[IMG]http://talk.baltimoresun.com/ /><st1:City alt=[/IMG]</st1:City>South Hill, <st1:State w:st="on">VA. </st1:State>The food was not all that. But, I did enjoy the slushy drink that I had. It was very refreshing on a hot day.

A fast food place that impressed me lately is Hardees, try one of their milkshakes they are pretty darn awesome and the food is much higher quality than Mcdonalds and Burger King.

#49 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

A fast food place that impressed me lately is Hardees, try one of their milkshakes they are pretty darn awesome and the food is much higher quality than Mcdonalds and Burger King.

Yes, the milkshakes are very good. I find the food much better than Mickey D's, BK and Wendys. A bit pricey though.

#50 Snake_Plissken

Snake_Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:28 PM

I don't know how old you are, but Hardees had locations in Maryland until the 80s/90s.

Sometime during the 90s (I think), business took a downturn, and Hardees pulled out of Maryland, as well as the East Coast, I believe.

#51 wadeless28

wadeless28

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:28 AM

There are Hardee's located on Crain Hwy between Route 100 and Hospital Drive and another one located in Annapolis Road and Ridge Road in Severn/Jessup. Both still open and thriving.

#52 ch24

ch24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,788 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:05 AM

There's another on 50 after the Bay Bridge.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Wouldn't take much for me to up and run.....to another life somewhere in the sun....."-Kenny Chesney

#53 MR.WINDSTREAM

MR.WINDSTREAM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:41 AM

I don't know how old you are, but Hardees had locations in Maryland until the 80s/90s.

Sometime during the 90s (I think), business took a downturn, and Hardees pulled out of Maryland, as well as the East Coast, I believe.

I believe what happened was Masci operated all area Hardees' and they closed up locally. Other independently owned ones started showing up a few years after that.

#54 tsmonk

tsmonk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:48 AM

There is also a Hardee’s on MD-175 in Hanover near Fort Meade. I drove by it a few weeks ago.

#55 reg_indy

reg_indy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:01 AM

There are Hardee's located on Crain Hwy between Route 100 and Hospital Drive and another one located in Annapolis Road and Ridge Road in Severn/Jessup. Both still open and thriving.

Nursery Road and 695....
Terrell Suggs is doing all that he can fan the flames on the Ravens’ feud with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Underneath his uniform, the linebacker/defensive end has been wearing a black t-shirt with the letters “YBYSA” on the front and the saying, “You Bet Your Sweet *** I Hate the Steelers” on the back.

"I saw it in a store, and I was like, 'Oh, that’s nice for camp. Get our minds right,'" Suggs said

#56 SlapNut

SlapNut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:02 PM

There are Hardee's located on Crain Hwy between Route 100 and Hospital Drive

Frequented this joint in the early morning hours many times during my bartending days from '97-'01. I found out the hard way that the Monster® burgers contain around 3,000 calories each.

#57 tsmonk

tsmonk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

They are building a Sonic at 2205 W Patapsco Avenue (at Hollins Ferry Road). The website says "Coming Soon".

#58 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,457 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

Already have one in BelAir on 924 by plumtree. Been opened for a couple of months and packed all the time.

#59 ajc54terp

ajc54terp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

I think I heard of one in edgewater south of annapolis.

#60 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,162 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

there is one at Rolling Rd and Liberty Rd......

drive by it everyday, been there at least a year ......

never eaten there, don't do fast food very often ......

ate at a sonic in florida about 10 years ago, just fast food, nothing special .....

I do take a look at their stock from time to time .......

its no mickey d's ......
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users