Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mbking

Harford County Soccer

1,844 posts in this topic

:mad: WHO ARE THE BEST SOCCER TEAMS IN HARCO NEXT YEAR? I GUESS THE USUAL SUSPECTS: CMW., FALLSTON, AND BELAIR.

ANY WORD IF NORTH HARFORD HAS DROPPED TO CLUB LEVEL. A ONCE PROUD SOCCER SCHOOL; 2 FINAL FOURS IN MID 1990'S ,NOW PLAYING A CECIL COUNTY SCHEDULE!!!!! WHO COACHES THERE NOW? :confused:

well everyone knows the frontrunners for this is fallston because of their outstanding season last year.....then its CMW and BA...heres a breakdown of all of them....

FALLSTON- will only be returning 1 starter, but hes a very aggressive and great finisher-Nowicki- forward, now i know the harco POY minarik and the very quick fischer will be greatly missed....but fallston always seems to have a good offense....as for their midfield i know of 2 sophmores that should help them out this year......they will have a whole new defense and will be missing tress in the nets greatly...but their backup is extremely talented and should fill his spot.......

CMW- should be returning like 4 starters.....of course their go to guy in the midfield will be Lorenzet...who can dribble through anyone....another dominant player returning is Patrick Huhra...they should have an ok defense but will not have a solid keeper in the nets....

BA- will be returning about 4-5 starters....1 forward, 1 midfielder, 2 defenders and their keeper....offense is where BA will struggle because of losing most of their goal scorers....but they should have a solid team like Fallston n CMW should have...

I'll take Fallston ontop of counties followed by BA and then CMW in third....should be a fun year! good luck to all!

i dont think NH has a club proggram nnow....or even a rec program...but most club teams in harford county have kids from all over the county not just the area...thats why theres GHSC (greater harford soccer club) and harford kicks....

Well we all saw the POWERHOUSE Fallston Cougars just demolish the UCBAC last year on route to a sate-semi's birth.....but they have lost many starters and only return 1 maybe 2. They still will be solid with to quick strong strikers and a solid young keeper.

CMW might struggle..... they will have a standout, wellskilled player controlling the middle with Chris Lorenzet; he was a great playerlast year as a junior and should lead his team as a senior. Also, look out for bog man Pat Huhra. Could help his team in a big way. Not much else there though..... they will be LACKING in a severe way a solid keeper. I think they'll be returning Nick Alexander, decent but not anything more.

Then we come to Bel Air, a big dissappointment last season. They could be tough this year. Look for Rose to develop a no-tolerance attitude on his team and start to build himself a season. Returning Brian Jones at striker, and Pat Meagher in the middle along with sweeper John Muth and they will have solid experience. The new young players will bring more skill and speed to help them out. Keeper might be a question though; they bounced around last year so who will be in goal for them this year?

Should be great season of HARCO soccer....keep the posts going!

Reality check.

Fallston a "POWERHOUSE"???? Maybe in Harford county, but not a "POWERHOUSE" statewide. Fallston in not even in the top 10 statewide. Not even close. You'd have half of the MIAA-A, 3 or 4 from HoCo, Severna Park, Old Mill, 3 or 4 from MoCo, and maybe Century. Then there is Good Council, Landon, and DeMatha. ALL of the above are better soccer programs than Fallston.

Reality check.

Fallston a "POWERHOUSE"???? Maybe in Harford county, but not a "POWERHOUSE" statewide. Fallston in not even in the top 10 statewide. Not even close. You'd have half of the MIAA-A, 3 or 4 from HoCo, Severna Park, Old Mill, 3 or 4 from MoCo, and maybe Century. Then there is Good Council, Landon, and DeMatha. ALL of the above are better soccer programs than Fallston.

Would you expect anything less out of Fallston people?

Actually no. There does seem to be a lot of unsubstantiated hubris from that area in general.

Actually no. There does seem to be a lot of unsubstantiated hubris from that area in general.

I'm still amazed that they have over 83,000 views and 2,700 posts under the HarfCo "basketball" thread?! Is HarfCo a hotbed of basketball? Did I miss something?

I'm still amazed that they have over 83,000 views and 2,700 posts under the HarfCo "basketball" thread?! Is HarfCo a hotbed of basketball? Did I miss something?

Up here in Harford County we have a case of what a lot of people like to call "big fish in little pond syndrome"

Lot's of players and parents who only see Harford County think they are big freakin' deals because they never get to see good competition. Basketball seems to be the worst because there are a million daddies who couldn't do it themselves in high school or are "wanna be" coaches who think they know more than their kids' coach. It's a shame, really.

Up here in Harford County we have a case of what a lot of people like to call "big fish in little pond syndrome"

Lot's of players and parents who only see Harford County think they are big freakin' deals because they never get to see good competition. Basketball seems to be the worst because there are a million daddies who couldn't do it themselves in high school or are "wanna be" coaches who think they know more than their kids' coach. It's a shame, really.

Hey Mr X, I like your style. I know HarfCo has some good teams in a lot of other sports, but REALLY surprised at the number of looks and postings HarfCo folks have given on the topic of basketball?! If somebody not from this area just happend to be looking over this web site, and based on the interest level HarfCo basketball has gotten, you would think HarfCo basketball was #1 in the state...and has been for the last 20 years?!

This wouldn't be Harford, Indiana, would it...Todo, are we still in Maryland?

Hey Mr X, I like your style. I know HarfCo has some good teams in a lot of other sports, but REALLY surprised at the number of looks and postings HarfCo folks have given on the topic of basketball?! If somebody not from this area just happend to be looking over this web site, and based on the interest level HarfCo basketball has gotten, you would think HarfCo basketball was #1 in the state...and has been for the last 20 years?!

This wouldn't be Harford, Indiana, would it...Todo, are we still in Maryland?

Or Maybe... on a more positive note... you probably have a lot of basketball fans... which BTW happen to know how to use a computer... that just like to talk basketball related issues... after all, the name of that thread is HARFORD COUNTY BASKETBALL... I don't think anybody claims that they are a powerhouse... although the level of play has improved over the last few years...

i thought this was a soccer thread . once again, like the other harf co boys sports, coaching tells the story. just like the aberdeens in bball, etc you can count ( almost every year) on fallston and cmw battling it out for harf co supremacy. any powerhouses foreseen out of cecil co this year in the forest wiest/sue strobel/bob slagle susquehanna ...... league?

This is so hilarios X. Are you talking about yourself?

Yup, that's exactly who I am talking about.... Let me count the number of kids I have....... zero, give me a break, you know what I am talking about. Check your PM's, btw...

Or Maybe... on a more positive note... you probably have a lot of basketball fans... which BTW happen to know how to use a computer... that just like to talk basketball related issues... after all, the name of that thread is HARFORD COUNTY BASKETBALL... I don't think anybody claims that they are a powerhouse... although the level of play has improved over the last few years...

Maybe? But generally, when there is such strong (as you claim) regional interest in a sport, the number of youth league teams and subsequent HS quality usually follow. Cases in point - HoCo soccer and AACo lacrosse and baseball. There is strong interest in both counties for these sports, and I think the playoff results are a reflection of the community interst/support.

But whatever the reason, I just thought it was an enigma that there are so many views and posts on basketball, and yet the lacrosse thread (the season JUST ended) is burried way down near the bottom? But whatever? Please don't try and read anything into my question, because I'm not trying to make a point, of say anything negative.

Slapshot - Lot's of hits on basketball, baseball, and football because that's what people are interested in, not only in Harford County but all across the state. Very few hits on other topics - LIKE HOCKEY - because very few people care.

why doesnt everyone just post replies to what this forum is about....Harford County Soccer....has any teams gotten schedules yet for this year in soccer?

Slapshot - Lot's of hits on basketball, baseball, and football because that's what people are interested in, not only in Harford County but all across the state. Very few hits on other topics - LIKE HOCKEY - because very few people care.

Ouch! Ooooooooooooo...you really know how to hurt a guy?

But since hockey is not a sanctioned sport in 99.99% of Maryland schools, why would anyone (I certainly don't) expect there to be any real interest in a sport with no, or very few high school teams? Although, I will add that there were more than 2,000 (capacity seating) at the MSHL Hockey championship game this year...so I guess there is some interest...and dare I say greater paid attendance numbers than some sanctioned high school championship games/sports. Oh, and it might interest you to know (a bit of trivia) that published NCAA attendance figures show that collegiate D1 hockey has significantly higher (average - per game) attendance numbers than D1 soccer, and slightly higher per game attendance numbers than D1 baseball. No published numbers on lax. However, basketball and football still rein supreme in terms of attendance at the collegiate level.

But a more interesting finding, based on your logic, is determing the top high school sport in this area based on fan responses on this web site. According to the numbers, and your logic, the top sport is basketball with over 2.8K responses, next is baseball with about 1.3K responses, followed at a very distant 3rd & 4th is football and lacrosse with about 450 responses...and rounding out the team sports at #5 is soccer (the topic of this thread!), with just under 100 responses on this web site. Now, to apply some math to all this madness, we need to normalize the number of responses by the number of schools that offer these sports. Applying this normalizing factor, lacrosse would jump up significantly, because many jurisdictions still do not have HS lacrosse. Interestingly enough, that would leave soccer and football near the bottom - that is, based on your reasoning.

PS Sportzplay...my appologies for the hijack, but felt I needed to reply to Outsiders provocative, if not humerous comments.

I started this thread to try to strike up some conversation about local soccer, not a book about every sport around. Back to the subject. Are there any outstanding players around? I know HARCO has produced many D1 players and even some pros. Who would you pay to see play in HARCO next season? :rwb:

slapshot - i was just busting your balls - i actually am a hockey fan too, though not at your level. anyway, regarding soccer - i know nothing.....

i will never make it through another year w/o al koken's rinkside report from the mci center. who is the reigning cup holder : florida or tampa bay? will mike tyson beat kevin mcbride? can anyone beat batista? please bring back roller derby

If your not gonna come on here and talk about Harco soccer then what are you doing here? Just found a post to put ur dissagreements about a cause nobody cares for. This is a soccer post, if you have nothing to say about soccer then dont enter here. And yes, Fallston was a powerhouse last year. 3rd in the state and state-semi team in the 3A class. Come on now. But that was last year.....what is new for this year. Are there all state players in Harco?

If your not gonna come on here and talk about Harco soccer then what are you doing here? Just found a post to put ur dissagreements about a cause nobody cares for. This is a soccer post, if you have nothing to say about soccer then dont enter here. And yes, Fallston was a powerhouse last year. 3rd in the state and state-semi team in the 3A class. Come on now. But that was last year.....what is new for this year. Are there all state players in Harco?

I know this is a technicality, but I suspect the folks at BCC might disagree that Fallston was 3rd. Personally, SP lucked out and beat heavily favored BCC. My money has them 3rd, and Fallston 4th. I know it's minutia, but just thought I'd point out the fact that Fallston did not have undisputed claim to 3rd best...

anyways.....are there any big names out there this year in har co soccer that will be heard? whos gonna be all county? or POY?? the summer league 6-aside for CMW BA and JC is starting up this tuesday at CMW....CMW will have 2-3 varsity squads, BA will have 2 squads JC will have 1-2 teams and rumor is that NH might have a team....any other high schools have kids playing soccer?

Who do you think will win the county this year? Who will follow. Are we just gonna pick the teams based on there names and there past reps? This year is differnent. Each school has lost many senior. With the increasing youth on varsity it should build for a fun and exciting year of Harco Soccer.