Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mbking

Harford County Soccer

1,844 posts in this topic

I am not real familar with Harford County soccer.........so allow a few questions.........please.

Any JV players coming up that will contribute?

Who do the Harford County usually teams play outside of county and conference?

Harford Co fans think these are the best sports in Harford Co. The funny thing is the most successful teams from Harford Co on the state level are probably Fallston field hockey and CMW cross country, but you will never hear that on hear. But you will get a thousand post on a sport that they win a state championship in every 10 years.

Runfan......were not on here talking about championships and talk about other teams. we've tried to get the point across maybe you just dont get it. lets keep it to soccer and what is going to happen this year. We dont need anything else.

Harford Co fans think these are the best sports in Harford Co. The funny thing is the most successful teams from Harford Co on the state level are probably Fallston field hockey and CMW cross country, but you will never hear that on hear. But you will get a thousand post on a sport that they win a state championship in every 10 years.

Maybe they had the crazy idea that this was a soccer thread. Could be me though........I have been wrong in the past.

I am not real familar with Harford County soccer.........so allow a few questions.........please.

Any JV players coming up that will contribute?

Who do the Harford County usually teams play outside of county and conference?

well from the two best JV teams in the county, cmw n fhs, there was one good player from each JV team that stuck out in my mind...they were both quick and aggressive goal scorers that will definitly help out their varsity program....from fhs it was joey dove(sophmore), a striker/ middy....he is extremely quick...look for him to be starting this year on....for cmw there is kyle bem(sophmore)....great finisher...he should be starting next year for cmw but i am not sure....

i have BA's schedule....this year they will be scrimmaging Dulany and Perry hall from balt county.....they will be playing a good boys latin team again this year...

anyone else know of any players??

playa - thanks. Harford schools play many HoCo, BaltoCo teams? My son played for U-15 Kicks (Bailey was coach I think)in a tournament a few years ago as a guest. Many of those players play Harford public school soccer?

I've never seen Harford play Howard except playoffs. Who has Harford played in Howard?

your right badabing, Harford teams do not play many howard county teams reguler season....but with the new re-classification for next year, they also re-classified all the regions....now the best of Harford county will play the best of howard county in the 3A region....teams from harford are FHS and BA and the howard teams are mt hebron, RH, Cenntennial...should be a great region with great teams

the only game i remember last year that harford played howard was fallston V cenntennial....fallston won 2-0

yes the kids from harford kicks play for har co schools...

plays Centennial (2-0) every year. Last year they also played Wilde Lake (5-0) and Century (1-0). The new region is a crime in many sports. Only 1 team from those 2 counties and 1 from Baltimore City/County. Looks like Belinko did some stroking to get that through.

plays Centennial (2-0) every year. Last year they also played Wilde Lake (5-0) and Century (1-0). The new region is a crime in many sports. Only 1 team from those 2 counties and 1 from Baltimore City/County. Looks like Belinko did some stroking to get that through.

Scrimmages or games?

Scrimmages or games?

All are games. The Century game was in the Tuscarura tournament :o

Scrimmages or games?

games. The Century game was in the Tuscarura tournament. Fallston plays Centennial every year.

Also, dont forget that some of the Harco teams like Bel Air Fallston and CMW have been traveling over to Delewar the last few years to play strong teams like Salesianum and St. Marks. Correct me if Im wrong but Salisianum has been up as far as top 5 in the country.....

Also, unmentioned Sportzplaya, Bel Air has a talented striker coming up in Ryan Jackman (junior next year) who has great quickness and finishing abilities. They also have Austin Roberson (junior next year), a small, but strong defender to help replace the senior defenders Bel Air lost.

JC had another disappointing season last year winning just 1 game i believe...but when playing harford county rival schools they seemed to play extremely well...against BA in the first game they lost a close game 1-0...against CMW they lost 2-1 in the last minute on a PK....this year JC will be playing CMW, BA and FHS....JC will be returning many players because few of them graduated....what is everyones picks for these games? should be all good games as they are considered rivals i guess...

John Carroll is slowly improving. But they have a major problem... the players do not like the coach Tom Whiteleather who has led them to under 5 total wins in the last 2 years. They'll need to have some serious talk to make those players happy and to start winning. Yes they have the talent and ability....some of the players are already training for next year. As for the games, I dont think they'll take down any of the Harco teams. They just wouldnt allow it. But should be all good games. What does everyone think there record will be this year?

Over the weekend, I was talking to a friend of mine who has a son that plays at JC. From what he said, it sounds like they've got big problems there. Apparently they have some very talented players, especially in next year's Junior class, but the players just aren't on board with the coach. He said that a group of parents went to the AD to talk about issues with the coach, and the AD basically gave them lip service.

I was at the the JC-CMW game last year, and JC looked pretty impressive. They could have easily won that game, and they started a bunch of sophs. last year. If they can work out their problems, they might be very good.

John Carroll is slowly improving. But they have a major problem... the players do not like the coach Tom Whiteleather who has led them to under 5 total wins in the last 2 years. They'll need to have some serious talk to make those players happy and to start winning. Yes they have the talent and ability....some of the players are already training for next year. As for the games, I dont think they'll take down any of the Harco teams. They just wouldnt allow it. But should be all good games. What does everyone think there record will be this year?

birdie - What do you mean by "They just wouldnt allow it.". Who? JC? The Harford County teams?

ChiliD.... wat I was saying is that Harco teams wouldnt allow a team like JC who has been known to be so bad and looked down upon especially in their last few seasons. They wouldnt let themselves be the ones to get beat.....but like others have said, who knows. They have the talent so they might surprise some people.

i have heard that the JC players do not like his style of coaching and his attitude towards the players.....

today was the first day of the 6aside summer league at CMW...there were JC, BA and CMW teams?? which players looked good from each schools?

Lorenset, kyle Bem, pat huhra all looked really good from cmw.....they should all be a threat during the season....

anyone else there see any quality players??

and what are the fallston players up to now? doing anything to get ready for the season???

Bem looked like a star...hes gonna be a great player in the county this year and WILL lead their team in goals. I didnt see any JC games but even though its early it is still obvious that CMW is shallow and in trouble in the goalie search. An underclassmen could take that spot.......any1 have any thoughts?

fallston boys are having pick up games afterschool were not in that 6 aside or w/e didnt even know that existed, and thanks sportzplaya for the jv kids coming up. it was a big dissapointment on jv because the level of play was so low, but i hope to on varsity next year make a BIG impact. hopefully i will play forward but am not sure also pertaining to our schedule we:

Scrimmage:St.Pauls,and Boys Latin and were in the Old Mill Play Day

Tournaments:"The Lancer Classic"

Games:Centennial,Reservoir, Edgewood, Elkton, North East, Aberdeen, North Harford, Rising Sun, High Point, Bel Air, C. Milton Wright, and John Carroll (in that order)

My thoughts on that schedule. Only 4 games jump out.

-St.Pauls will make it a game, but lose. They're at the bottom of the MIAA-A (might be in the 'B').

-I'm not sure what Old Mill play day is, but if Fallston plays Old Mill I'd give the nod to Old Mill by 2.

-Centennial is not the powerhouse is was in the 90's; they're now a mediocre HoCo squad most years. Should be close, but I'd take Fallston by 1.

-John Carroll is a big question mark, but at that point in the season (last game) it could be interesting.

The rest of that schedule is pretty weak. Fallston can't help that their league is weak, and they must play the hand that is dealt in that case. However, they should schedule the out of league traditional powers like Calvert Hall, Curley, McD, Severna Park, River Hill, Mt Hebron, etc. Those schools are ALWAYS the cream of the crop. Until they play the big boys (and well) they're 2nd tier.

That is a decent schedule, with some tough games. But dont forget that hard games might come up when playing Bel Air and CMW. Dont count these teams out. Just cuz Fallston was a powerhouse and a state contender last year means nothing. Its a new season. Watch out for other teams in Harco. Fallston has good youth coming up but who knows anything about any other teams in the county......can anyone bring and info about Edgewood, Aberdeen, NH, HDG, or anyone else?