Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mbking

Harford County Soccer

1,844 posts in this topic

Playa - Linganore hosts the tournament, Century (2003 2A state champ) plays in it as well. I am not sure beyond that.

Bel Air will be in the Kenwood tournament....teams are BA, Kenwood, Lenordtown, and Meade i think??

shutout- how can they be 0-3 in the playoffs....isnt it single elimination?

wait nvm i understand. I miss read it sorry.....who did they lose to?

shutout- how can they be 0-3 in the playoffs....isnt it single elimination?

three teams three losses

Westminster / Kenwood

Glen Burnie / Meade

Leonardtown / McDonough (sp)

I think this is correct.......MPSSAA web site has it

Any word if North Harford has a new boys soccer coach. Let's hope the schedule of Bo Manor, Perryville, and Rising Sun isn't to tough next year.

NH get's my early vote for 1A state champ!!! :(

what does north harford have going on in the summer for soccer....any programs? do they even care about soccer up there anymore?

Boys Soccer at North Harford is dead as we once knew it. It has become the least successful fall sport in recent history. Golf has won the last 3 regional titles, football went 7-3 and nearly made the playoffs for the 2nd time in school history, cross country's even making a "run" at things (sorry for that) but soccer in the fall is starting to become the equivalent to basketball in the winter at NH. The only difference is that there is available talent in soccer but it isn't used well for some reason. NH soccer coaches and parents put a lot of time into the team, something just hasn't clicked.

Any word if North Harford has a new boys soccer coach. Let's hope the schedule of Bo Manor, Perryville, and Rising Sun isn't to tough next year.

NH get's my early vote for 1A state champ!!! :(

mbking, i wouldnt get go that far with NH being a 1A state champ.....look at the other teams in their division.....there is Loch Raven, Sparrows Point, Oakland Mills, and Elkton...all of these teams i would pick ahead of NH for the next few years....NH has some talent, they just need to put it all together....just like john carrol....

speaking of JC...anyone know what the situation is over there?? I heard that a few of the players from last year will not be going out for the team this year because of the coach...is this true?

I was just kidding about North Harford winning the 1A state championship. They move to 3A next year, but play a 1A schedule. :mad:

So far halfway into june how are the ball clubs looking? Any team have injuries to some of their key role players? Everyone beginning their summer training. 2 months and August 15 will be here before you know it.

Playa- is JC gonna be good even if any1 plays and they have the same coach with all the problems they've been having. Can they put it behind them and play?

...NH has some talent, they just need to put it all together....just like john carrol....

speaking of JC...anyone know what the situation is over there?? I heard that a few of the players from last year will not be going out for the team this year because of the coach...is this true?

Got some more info from my friend on the JC situation. Sounds like the coach likes to use intimidation and threats to try to get what he wants from the team, and apparently last season the players got fed up with it. Fairly early in the season they went to the coach as a team and told him to knock it off, but he didn't, and the whole thing went south from there.

This spring the parents went to the athletic director and the school as a group to air out the issues and get some changes made, but the AD wouldn't budge. So now, some of the players are saying they're not coming out next year and others are waffling.

Does anyone know anything about this coach? Club teams he's had? Most of the time these coaches also coach somewhere else.

Got some more info from my friend on the JC situation. Sounds like the coach likes to use intimidation and threats to try to get what he wants from the team, and apparently last season the players got fed up with it. Fairly early in the season they went to the coach as a team and told him to knock it off, but he didn't, and the whole thing went south from there.

This spring the parents went to the athletic director and the school as a group to air out the issues and get some changes made, but the AD wouldn't budge. So now, some of the players are saying they're not coming out next year and others are waffling.

Does anyone know anything about this coach? Club teams he's had? Most of the time these coaches also coach somewhere else.

i know this coach pretty well...his name is Tom Whiteleather....he was my club teams coach for about 2 years....he is an alright coach but i know what u mean harfordsports when he threatens the players....he did that to us....when he was our coach, he always told us that we might not be the best skilled team in the league, but we`ll be the team in the best shape....we ran a lot...and it benefited....everyone could go the whole game and the other teams would start dragging themselves....

we can blame this whole ordeal on the coach...but we also cant....its half him and half the players...its a TEAM thing....back when Mario Schillpoti(SP) was coaching, John Carrol was a dominating team in the MIAA along CH, Curley, etc.....his team was so good because he would recruit players from Harford county that didnt end up going to private schools in balt.co or other counties....now the new coach didnt recruit any good players from harf. county and all the dominating players went to schools in Balt.....when they made that coaching change at John carrol, i no longer wanted to go there to play soccer...i thought it would be a different team...and it is....but i still think in 2 years John carrol will be a good team.....next year there team will have like 10 juniors and most of them will start...so they will get plenty of experiance.....and they didnt fire their old coach he retired because his son graduated, thats why there was a coaching change if everyone was wondering...

Playa- Scillipotti(sorry for the spelling), was a great coach. Sure he got great talent from around the area....but he coached it well and put it into a sysytem of play. JC has been young and playing on sheer heart. What is Whitleathers system of play? Is he still all about endurance or has he incorporated anything else into his workouts.......JC is in serious trouble, and it doesnt look like it's gonna change soon.

actually john carroll will be a very decent team. maybe not in theer divison but against some of harford counties teams. unless all the key players do nto com eout for the team theyll be decent. for example eric roberts says hes not gonna play and instaed will do roberts, thats already on ebig loss. so i dunno well see. and north harford playing elkton, oakland mills, they suck terribly. last year they were good but maybe im worng bu ti think they had alot of seniors on the team. i played jv and if that swho they got coming up elkton will be terrible. just by talkign to a kid that play at oakland mills and watching him play i can tell there horrible to. north harford if they can get there act together will do alright. i know there soon to be assistant coach. and his son benny kujawa. very talented watch for him alogn with bem for next year.