Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mbking

Harford County Soccer

1,844 posts in this topic

Bays- but with NH playing O MIlls and Elfton that means nothing....is Elkton in there league? I know Mills isnt. Beating them means nothing. They have to beat the teams in their league and i dont see any that they'd beat.

Who all is in the A league this year. Who dropped and who came up?

i know its really early and no one has much information on any of the teams in the county....what is everyones thought on who will finish ontop...and the other teams to followt....heres my opinion....

1.Fallston-have to rank them first because of their amazing season last year...and coach hoover will always have them somewhere at the top of the county...

2.Bel Air-very dissapointing season last year but has some good players coming up and a few good returners....

3.CMW-could either have them or BA at 2...both similar teams..should be a great game between them just like every years...

4.Aberdeen-has a good new coach n has had a good team the last 2 years...

5.Joppatowne-another team with a good coach but not a lot of great players...

6.HT- good team last year with a few decent returning players.

7.HdG-has 2 first team all county returning forwards coming back..dont know much about em

8.NH-dont know much about there situation

9.Edgewood-will have another tough season....

what is everyone else's thoughts??

i think north harford will do better then joppatowne,harford tech, and havre de grace. aberdeen unless they got soem good seniors this fall i dotn thik will be all that good. there jv certainly wasnt and yeah who knows. fallston will hopefully have another great year, weve got the talent to do it just need to put it all together. nobody expects us to do it again....wont they be suprised...because were all in.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND GO COUGARS

What ?????? I Know It's The Summer And The Brains Have Been Turned Off For A Few Months But If You Want Us To Understand What You Are Trying To Say You Have To Try A Little Harder.

Its only about a month until august 15th....what teams are looking good so far? any stand out players?

i havent heard anything about fallston n what there doing to get ready....CMW is looking pretty good as is BA and Aberdeen is looking pretty poor....only a few players showing for each game......what players do u think are going to make all county? 5 forwards 5 middies 3 defenders and 2 goalie's i think? please post....how about POY?

John Carroll should go down to the B Conference. This year they could be one of the weakest A teams in a long time. Combined last year, their JV and Varsitiy won 2 league games with 1 tie. The Varsity went something like 35 games without a win until they beat St. Paul's . That doesn't bode to well for this year.

Newman.........I thought the exact opposite. Although the A conference they are in is tough they are gonna be a very good team this year that will surprise a lot of people. JV doesnt mean anything anymore. Maybe they'll grow up and mature. JC is gonna be a young team...........they wont be a standout this year but will be better than in the past...........but look out for the future 5 years, could be some serious play coming out of JC.

Birdie, Don't follow A Conference Soccer much do you? JV teams mean alot to the Varsity programs. Calvert Hall, Curley, Loyola, all have excellent Jv's, and it's no coincidence that they are all programs year in and year out at the top. Some of Calvert Hall's JV teams I've refereed in the past would finish in the middle of the pack in the Varsity league. The only exception is McDonogh, because they bring kids in and keep them on the Varsity right away. I don't see any top talent flocking to John Carroll in the future.

Well I dont know much about that league, but I do know around here there are very good JV programs that havent amounted to much Varsity success. In Harco the only success we've had lately is Fallston in the state finals last yr. But what I meant by future was very NEAR future. Like this year and the next 2. They have very talented juniors sophomores and even freshman who although might not make a conference title run they should make it intersting and fun to watch....

John Carroll should go down to the B Conference. This year they could be one of the weakest A teams in a long time. Combined last year, their JV and Varsitiy won 2 league games with 1 tie. The Varsity went something like 35 games without a win until they beat St. Paul's . That doesn't bode to well for this year.

Hey Newman,

JC had a total of 3 seniors on Varsity last year, and they started something like 6 sophomores. They had ten sophomores on the Varsity team. Why anyone would think that they will be weaker this year than last year is beyond me ... unless they just don't know much about the program.

Records are one statistic, but there's a lot behind them usually. JC had a total of 7 seniors and juniors on Varsity last year. This forced them to have more sophomores and freshman on Varsity than one would normally want. Not only did this give them a young Varsity team; it also took players away from JV that would have been there normally if there were a larger group of seniors and juniors on Varsity. By the way, even though the JV won only one game, they played very competitive games in all but one or two games. Lost to Loyola 2-1; lost to Curley 1-0, etc.

If you took most or even half of the freshman and sophomores from last year's JC Varsity team, and put them on JV, where they would have been in a 'normal' year, and the JV would have been playing for the A conf. championship. JC's Varsity players this coming year have more playing experience at the A conf Varsity level than maybe any other team in the league.

I don't think they will be weaker than the last two years.

Well going back to sportzplaya's post.....how is Harco shaping up this year? Enough on here about John Carroll. They are a private school in another league. Let's talk about the Harco schools. Whose working out? Whose looking good. What do you think will happen this year in the A league and B league? Any surprises. Will anyone run away with either league?

Personally I think it will be the same as usually. But this year it will be much more competitive. Last year Fallston ran away with the league. This year though it will be a tough fight between CMW, Fallston, and Bel Air. What do each 3 of those teams have going for them? What are there weaknesses. Who will take it?

anyone think JC will take down BA CMW or FHS?? i dont think so....from looking at them at 6aside i would say every team should beat them....what team is everyones favorites this year and why? out of BA, CMW, and FHS....i think its still up for grabs right now....the teams that have been working the hardest over the summer will take it.....it will all show on the field.....

well no1 wants to reveal anything that has been going on in the offseason that might hurt any team, but I know for sure the teams are training. Camps, tam get togethers, running, etc. Come August 15th the teams will be ready. Big game not be looked at is September 6 when Bel Air looks to avenge a 1-0 2OT loss last year at home. Lets see if the non-power house county teams have anything up their sleaves to take down Bel Air, Fallston or CMW........Less than 2 weeks, cant wait!!!

does anyone know how many seniors fallston will have this year? who r they and are they any good? i cant remember them having any juniors last year when we played them....bmorebays could u add to this?....i know fallston will have 4 solid juniors this year in matty mowicki, joe dove, andy stromberg, and sam stein......but wat about the seniors???

why is all the talk when it comes to winning the county this year go straight to fallston.....im not saying their not gonna be good but just because they had an unbeleivable year last year doesnt mean the same will happen this year. Other teams are gonna be just as hungry this year seeing how Fallston beat every county team last year. They are the team to beat and every other team has nothing to lose against them!

why is all the talk when it comes to winning the county this year go straight to fallston.....im not saying their not gonna be good but just because they had an unbeleivable year last year doesnt mean the same will happen this year. Other teams are gonna be just as hungry this year seeing how Fallston beat every county team last year. They are the team to beat and every other team has nothing to lose against them!

fallstons gonna be taken down this year....i gotta feeling....

sorry guys my computer has been crashing. but yeah im not gonna sound cocky and say were gonna win it all because it wont be easy. cmw and bel air will have very good teams. best luck to all. for fallston we also have kyle hughes,nelson hannahs, dj lane, and rob burdon who should also be good. dont know how much theyve been touching the ball. though if anything that could be our weakness and im glad us bel air and cmw all play eachother at the end of the seasons when we are are out best good luck to all and go cougars

and pertaining to the seniors its whoever makes it. we dont have a very solid senior core. the team will be mostly made up of juniors. id say maybe 4-5 seniors will make the team

Part of Fallstons problem this year will be having so many Juniors. You have a couple very solid Seniors, but you seem to not know their names or misjudge their ability. I know 2 of them just got back from Coastal Carolina camp. Instead of making the team 2 factions, try taking advantage of all your assets. The other thing you need to consider is the negative impact this thread can have on a program overall. You pop off on here and yiu paint a target on your back and your teams back. Let your teams plaqy do the talking. Shhhhhhhh. :)

what players do u think are going to make all county? 5 forwards 5 middies 3 defenders and 2 goalie's i think? please post....how about POY?

anybody have any responses for this or is there to little knowledge of the county

what players do u think are going to make all county? 5 forwards 5 middies 3 defenders and 2 goalie's i think? please post....how about POY?

anybody have any responses for this or is there to little knowledge of the county

i hate how the aegis picks all county....they pick the leading goal scorer from every team in the county....its just stupid....sum of the players picked do deserve to be there but sum of the players that play against the weaker teams just rack up goals and get picked cuz they have like 15 goals......looking at the all county last year i think there are 5 players that dont deserve to be there.....they played for weak teams and they werent overall the best players in the county....nor did they help there team win.....this year all county is unpredictable so far....there is a bunch of new talent for every team....POY will also be hard to determine as tryouts havent even started....ill give a guess from the top 3 teams in the county(BA, FHS, and CMW) who POY could be....from Bel Air my pick is brian jones(forward)...the 3 year varsity player has enough experiance and skill to be the best player in the county...from Fallston my pick would be Matt Nowicki(forward)......this year and next year this kid is going to be the go to guy for fallston.....he has experiance from starting for fallston last year and scoring a few clutch goals, he is very quick and aggressive....from CMW i would say chris lorenzette(center mid)....probably all around the best skilled player in the county...he can create a play from anything.....he has a great knowledge of the game and always knows wat to do with the ball...thats my picks so far....its just my opinion and ill have more to add once the season starts....any comments?