Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dogfish

Car with Shock Trauma License Plates

44 posts in this topic

Sounds like a personal issue. Either alert the authorities or put on you man pants and have a conversation with the alledged offender. Why come on here and post that crud?

They would appear to be private organization plates. You can form a group and set your own membership standards and get special organizational plates-- like Ravens tags available now, which just about anybody can get. FOP, ceratin school alumni orgs, etc.

They would appear to be private organization plates. You can form a group and set your own membership standards and get special organizational plates-- like Ravens tags available now, which just about anybody can get. FOP, ceratin school alumni orgs, etc.

ACORN? :D Some people would just LOVE to know who those cars belong to.

So you can get raven or fop plate without ANY affiliation with ravens or fop?

Gosh that seems so stupid to me. Will the state of MD do anything for a few extra dollars? I'm assuming the plates cost a little more.

Gosh that seems so stupid to me. Will the state of MD do anything for a few extra dollars? I'm assuming the plates cost a little more.

no you can't, you must be affiliated with the organization to get the paperwork to get the organizational tags

The guy is not a member of Shock Trauma Team.

Seems to be able to park in Fire Lanes at Baltimore Marine Center without a ticket.

That's not right. That reminds me of how those without handicap plates or hangers park in the spots not meant for them. The same with those who use their handicap relative's plates or hangers to get a closer parking space.

Each organization sets the requirements for receiving that organization's personalized tags.

Originally Posted by BS21213 viewpost.gif

Each organization sets the requirements for receiving that organization's personalized tags.

Vanity plates are $25 per year.

Interesting, I thought MD stopped issuing them after that dust-up over the 'Sons of the Confederacy' tags with the stars and bars on them.

In any event, I don't think Parking Enforcement gives deference to any organizational tags, except perhaps FOP's may catch a break, but even then its doubtful, especially if a citizen complaint is made. If one sees such a tag in violation and it bothers them enough, they should call it in.

The guy is not a member of Shock Trauma Team.

Seems to be able to park in Fire Lanes at Baltimore Marine Center without a ticket.

1) How is this even relevant to the local news?

2) I guess you're like the trolls on Craigslist, all tough on the internet, too afraid to ever confront someone in person.

3) How do you know they're not a member of STC team?

4) Did you know that anybody w/ a connection to MD EMS, and staff at UMMS can get those plates?

no you can't, you must be affiliated with the organization to get the paperwork to get the organizational tags

And with the FOP at least, the member themself must be on the vehicle's title for it to qualify for organizational plates. My husband is not on my car title, so I can't have FOP tags, even though he's a member.