Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PaintLady

You've got to be kidding...no eyebrows????

23 posts in this topic

anyone here up for this new "trend"? good grief...anything to make women look stupid. why aren't the males on the runways doing this? :eek: GAWD...i guess i'm just too danged old to appreciate this. :rolleyes:

http://www.stylelist.com/blog/2009/10/08/attack-of-the-golden-arches-bleached-brows-big-on-spring-runwa/?icid=main|main|dl3|link7|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stylelist.com%2Fblog%2F2009%2F10%2F08%2Fattack-of-the-golden-arches-bleached-brows-big-on-spring-runwa%2F

anyone here up for this new "trend"? good grief...anything to make women look stupid. why aren't the males on the runways doing this? :eek: GAWD...i guess i'm just too danged old to appreciate this. :rolleyes:

http://www.stylelist.com/blog/2009/10/08/attack-of-the-golden-arches-bleached-brows-big-on-spring-runwa/?icid=main|main|dl3|link7|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stylelist.com%2Fblog%2F2009%2F10%2F08%2Fattack-of-the-golden-arches-bleached-brows-big-on-spring-runwa%2F

Wow . . . in fashion at last, mine are way pale and plucked out mostly in early 70's - no more buying eyebrow pencil for me LOL! My sister's the same, I plucked hers out one Sunday out of boredom for the both of us. :D

(And this IS my last post for a while. Just that I could not resist this one.)

For me, that whole 'high fashion' thing is nothing but a freak show.

Whachutalkinbout, Killer?

LOL, my husband calls me the faceless wonder- thin lips, small nose, and next to no eyebrows. Does that mean "my look" has finally come in!:eek:!

well, my eyebrows are just about all gray, so you cant see them anyway - i guess i am in style

I love my Brooke Shields look-alike eyebrows and I'm going to keep them! :):P

When my Sister was around 12-13 she had some idea about thinning or trimming her eyebrows. I guess it was like a guy trying to trim his Mustache, 1st one side is too short then the other .etc. Anyway she somehow wound up shaving them completely off, it cracked me up but she was very Upset about it and Cried her eyes out. When my Folks saw it they tried to console her but I could see my Dad really fighting to stifle himself from Laughing.

Kids do Dumb Stuff, I know I did too but I don't see how this is becoming a Fashion Trend.

doesn't look as bad as those people that pluck them all out only to paint fake ones back on.......

When I was in college, that look was rather popular, particularly with the less-accomplished chemistry majors.

If you click through and look at the pictures, there are quite a few who look good with the bleached brows. But they have light brown or blonde hair and the look is natural.

It just looks odd with dark hair.

If you click through and look at the pictures, there are quite a few who look good with the bleached brows. But they have light brown or blonde hair and the look is natural.

Which is why I think the gallery is a bit silly. The 'alien' look for the runway isn't something that's going to catch on for adults, maybe teens. One of those models looked uncannily like the Mona Lisa, which is probably what they were going for.

These eyebrow trends come and go, at least the bleaching isn't as bad as the severe plucking. Then again we're probably going to hear of people blinding themselves trying to do this at home. :rolleyes:

Eric Dickerson had that look for years and with a shaved head no facial hair it is an alien look like PH said.

why aren't the males on the runways doing this?

Oh they will. Just give them some time. At least the young ones. A lot of guys are shaving their chests and underarms already. They even have mens electric body shavers. Yechhh!

Oh they will. Just give them some time. At least the young ones. A lot of guys are shaving their chests and underarms already. They even have mens electric body shavers. Yechhh!

Don't knock the Phillips-Norelco Bodygroom. It works wonders :P

doesn't look as bad as those people that pluck them all out only to paint fake ones back on.......

historically this is grandmother territory

they don't realize how devastating losing your hair TOTALLY!!! My son has lost ALL OF HIS HAIR ... head, eye lashes, eyebrows, chest, legs, arms and private area. He has some sort of problem (some caused by stress & I forgot the name) ... It began about 4 yrs ago coming out in clumps when he showered. Nothing he can do about it. I was shocked the first time I saw him nearly naked w/ not a spot of hair on him. He's 38 yrs old next month. He's used to it (somewhat) now but he always wears a baseball cap when he's outside (he could easily sunburn the top of his head). He will take his hat off in a restaurant out of courtesy and, believe it or not he doesn't look that bad w/o hair. Maybe those who shave their heads, eyebrows, whatever should just stress more ... REALLY GET STRESSED OUT!!! You wouldn't have to shave ever again.

Nothing new here; "barely there" brows have a long history. Look at divas from the 20's, 30's, and 40's. Fashion, like history, repeats itself.

they don't realize how devastating losing your hair TOTALLY!!!..... My son has lost ALL OF HIS HAIR ... head, eye lashes, eyebrows, chest, legs, arms and private area. He has some sort of problem (some caused by stress & I forgot the name) ....Maybe those who shave their heads, eyebrows, whatever should just stress more..

What does that have to do with anything? People who shave different parts of their body should realize how devastating a rare medical condition is? :rolleyes:

And this IS my last post for a while.

Yeah, what's up with that?