Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Will the Ravens make a trade for #1 WR before the deadline

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
117 replies to this topic

#1 arizonarussell

arizonarussell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:13 AM

I hope they do - but I'm afraid they won't.

I don't think the Ravens can compete with the elite this year without a deep WR threat. I don't see anyone on the team that can step in and do it.

If they don't take a chance - and try to get someone like Bowe they'll struggle to win 9 games.

Keeping my fingers crossed - but I know its a foolish hope

#2 SteelFaninBMore

SteelFaninBMore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,932 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:15 AM

Nope.

Steelers are the new Duke.

Welcome to the "America's most hated teams" club, Pittsburgh.

"I just want to be the same guy every time....the villain." -Joey Porter

#3 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,593 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:16 AM

Nope.

+1 It's not like teams are dying to give away #1 receivers
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#4 B-more Ravor

B-more Ravor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:23 AM

Which #1 WR is available for a trade?

#5 baltimoreron

baltimoreron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,444 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

Nope.

My first thought.
Old & Busted - Big Ben. New hotness - Joe Cool.
... R.I.P. Arch

#6 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,539 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:25 AM

Will the Ravens land a #1 WR, like Bowe? No, they won't. But don't worry. They've got David Tyree! (OMG...it's hard to even say that with a straight face.)

#7 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,435 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:26 AM

No. It isn't even their biggest weakness at this point. They have people who can catch the ball. (at least some) They need people who can stop the other guys people from catching the ball.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#8 B-more Ravor

B-more Ravor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

Tyree wasn't signed to be a #1 or #3 or #4 WR. He was signed to be the 5th WR and help on ST - an area that has been shaky this year and needs another quality player with Ayanbadejo on IR.

#9 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,539 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:33 AM

Tyree wasn't signed to be a #1 or #3 or #4 WR. He was signed to be the 5th WR and help on ST - an area that has been shaky this year and needs another quality player with Ayanbadejo on IR.

Exactly. Yet...the WRs corps still stinks! And it's been obvious the entire off season. While WRs have gone to other teams, and other teams (Colts, Giants) have had unknown WRs step up, yet the Ravens still find themselves with huge holes at the WR spot.

#10 goodandfast

goodandfast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:38 AM

For a former ravens fan you sure do like to talk about the ravens...

#11 B-more Ravor

B-more Ravor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:38 AM

Exactly! Yet...the WRs corps still stinks. While WRs have gone to other teams, and other teams (Colts, Giants) have had unknown WRs step up, and yet the Ravens still find themselves with huge holes at the WR spot. I'll say one thing for you, though...you're consistent. Consistently making excuses for the inexcusable. Props!

What are you rambling about? I never made a comment on the quality of the WR corps. In fact, I've never said that it didn't need to be ungraded.

It's not an excuse to explain that Tyree was NOT signed for his WR prowess (if he has any). He was signed for ST.

Again, who else is available at this point to bring in as a #1 WR?

#12 KyleProBoller

KyleProBoller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:39 AM

Too late for a trade now. Rarely do mid-season trades for WR's have much of an impact. This needed to be done in the off-season.

#13 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,539 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:42 AM

Again, who else is available at this point to bring in as a #1 WR?

Again...your little Johnny Come Lately "who are they going to bring in NOW" is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. And yet, even at this late date, the Ravens can still see what they can do to bring in Bowe. Granted, they've been asleep at the switch so long now, it is, admittedly, a bit late. But instead of you pointing THAT out, you hide behind the tired old line: "Who's available NOW"? What a joke, man. Seriously. Man up to your own endless excuse making, or shut up already. I've watched you make the same excuses for years defending Brian Billick, Kyle Boller, Ozzie Newsome, etc. Don't you ever get tired of it? You think THAT makes you a "real" fan?

#14 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,539 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:43 AM

Too late for a trade now. Rarely do mid-season trades for WR's have much of an impact. This needed to be done in the off-season.

Oh...so I guess that Braylon Edwards didn't have much of an impact in the Jets game, even though the Jets lost?

#15 B-more Ravor

B-more Ravor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:50 AM

Again...your little Johnny Come Lately "who are they going to bring in NOW" is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. And yet, even at this late date, the Ravens can still see what they can do to bring in Bowe. Granted, they've been asleep at the switch so long now, it is, admittedly, a bit late. But instead of you pointing THAT out, you hide behind the tired old line: "Who's available NOW"? What a joke, man. Seriously. Man up to your own endless excuse making, or shut up already.

Again, find one time that I've said an upgrade at WR wasn't/isn't needed. Go ahead - find it!

You can't - and you can't seem to comprehend the logic of the fact that as we sit here today, Tyree wasn't signed to play WR, except in a pinch. He was added for other reasons - to help the ST. It's not an excuse, but an explanation that no one should be judging the move on any terms than what it actually is - a move to improve the ST.

They will be judged on what they did or didn't do at WR over this past offseason when the season is done. But, as of NOW, they can only do what they can do NOW - hence the question of who is available NOW.

In an effort to throw mud at other posters and play "look at me", you constantly seem to be unable to read what is actually written and only want to spin it as something else.

Lastly, is Bowe even available? Do you know that they haven't inquired? Have you heard of any other team inquiring?

#16 goodandfast

goodandfast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:50 AM

Hate to point out the obvious but Edwards was the first WR traded this year...there was never anyone to trade for, you can't just decide you are going to go out and trade for someone if that person isn't available. In fact, there are so many factors that you aren't taking into account, just like this summer when you jumped bandwagons becuase the Ravens didn't over pay for Jason Brown. You have a first grade understanding of football and a debtors understanding of investing money in the future.

#17 Mr Football

Mr Football

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:52 AM

He may have been signed for his ST ability but that was about 4th on our lists of needs right now. Yes, he was probably the cheapest and easiest to fill of those needs but this is a very minor signing, as I'm sure you will agree. I would like to see us be more aggressive in addressing our other weaknesses right now. You cannot just have a guy like D-Will sitting on your bench with the receiver problems we have and not go out and do something. Well you can but the results probably won't be that good. We could also really use some depth at OT. It seems like we have too many guys on the team that aren't really useful. Moll, Rolle(even though he's inactive), LJ Smith, D-Will, Carr is a bust, Oneil Cousins. Yanda is still not 100% and that showed on Sunday. Too many question marks for a team that is supposed to contend.

#18 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,539 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:54 AM

Again, find one time that I've said an upgrade at WR wasn't/isn't needed. Go ahead - find it!

You can't - and you can't seem to comprehend the logic of the fact that as we sit here today, Tyree wasn't signed to play WR, except in a pinch. He was added for other reasons - to help the ST. It's not an excuse, but an explanation that no one should be judging the move on any terms than what it actually is - a move to improve the ST.

They will be judged on what they did or didn't do at WR over this past offseason when the season is done. But, as of NOW, they can only do what they can do NOW - hence the question of who is available NOW.

In an effort to throw mud at other posters and play "look at me", you constantly seem to be unable to read what is actually written and only want to spin it as something else.

Lastly, is Bowe even available? Do you know that they haven't inquired? Have you heard of any other team inquiring?

Same ol, same ol.

#19 mdduckman

mdduckman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Oh...so I guess that Braylon Edwards didn't have much of an impact in the Jets game, even though the Jets lost?

It's real easy to say that after 1 game...but if you looked at Edwards in Cleveland, for the past few years, he wasn't very good...way too many drops. Yes, he had 2 good seasons I believe, but he had more seasons where he was extremely inconsistent. Let's see how Edwards does the rest of the season before screaming about why we didn't trade for him.

#20 KyleProBoller

KyleProBoller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

It typically takes a bit of time for a WR to learn an offense and find a rythm with a new QB. There are exceptions, but they are not the norm.