Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wadeless28

The Best Bull and Oyster Roast Around?

17 posts in this topic

Tis the season for bull and oyster roasts. In everyones culinary opinion, what is their pick for the Baltimore areas better bull and oyster roasts?

Please remember, most of these get togethers are to make money for non-profit organizations. Please keep your bashing out of it.

When my mom & dad were alive, my dad use to be in charge of the one held by "Our Lady of Victory Church on Wilkens Ave. You might call to see if they still have one each year. Nice hall, plenty of parking, great food, lots of beer & sodas and lots of games of chance and raffles.All for a good cause.

Use to be one at the Maryland Nat Guard Armory in Putty Hill I believe that was great back in the 90's.

Best pit beef ever and the oyster's, fried and half shell were also good.

Don't know if they still do it but it was this time of year or maybe earlier.

Tis the season for bull and oyster roasts. In everyones culinary opinion, what is their pick for the Baltimore areas better bull and oyster roasts?

Please remember, most of these get togethers are to make money for non-profit organizations. Please keep your bashing out of it.

the boring volunteer fire company has at least one every year- the next one is february 21, 2010. all food is fresh, homemade and wonderful.:):):)

Ravens Nest 1 has one coming up in Parkville on Taylor Ave off Perring Parkway in the Cedars Lodge.

It is the best ever with beef, oysters, shrimp, crab soup and more.

It also has gambling with the big wheel.

Good DJ with music and dancing from about 9-1.

Michael's 8th Avenue in Glen Burnie puts on a good spread. They host many bull/oyster roasts for a variety of political candidates/ causes.

Use to be one at the Maryland Nat Guard Armory in Putty Hill I believe that was great back in the 90's.

Best pit beef ever and the oyster's, fried and half shell were also good.

Don't know if they still do it but it was this time of year or maybe earlier.

Agree, that one was always my favorite. Great pit beef and great raw oysters.

Used to get tickets to the Utz Twardowicz (SP?) Bull Roast every year but you didn't go to that one for the Food if you know what I mean. B)

I know what you mean :) .......

utz was the my first coach in organized basketball .......

I think I was about 6 and he had a picture of that team hanging in his old office up at the boy's club .......

I think they are making condo's out of the club ......