Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Harford Road Improvements

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Section539

Section539

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:19 PM

I drive up to Bel Air via Harford Road occasionally, and last night I noticed a sign that said "Improvements paid for by economic stimulus funds." It was right after you cross the Little Gunpowder into Harford County. Does anyone know how to confirm this fact? I did some googling, and spent some time on the Harford County website, but got lost.

#2 ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:29 PM

That does contradict what I just read, that the only new road and highway projects that are going to happen, in this state, are the ones that have already been planned.
Boys, set your batons to womp. But Chief, mine is stuck on twirl.

#3 Section539

Section539

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:39 PM

This has been going on for some time, and it's actually close to being finished. I think the sign is new, which I why I wanted to verify.

#4 NOTAGUNNUT

NOTAGUNNUT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:41 PM

I drove that road nearly every day for 6 years. There are far worse state roads around here than that was.

------------------------------------------

Taxation. Inch by inch, it's a cinch.

[SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

The Democratic party... Blame you can believe in!

dude: you gonna vote?

Me: yeah but not for Obama.

dude: you racist bro?

Me: No, I just dont like Democrats.

dude: Whats a Democrat?

#5 sonofboh

sonofboh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,786 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:49 PM

oh man, i saw the thread title and thought "at last, they are bulldozing everything south of erdman"...then i opened the link, no im disappointed
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when asked by Crowley to speak with him outside the residence, Gates replied, "ya, I'll speak with your mama outside."

#6 alienrace

alienrace

Destroyer of Trolls and B.S.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,515 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:21 PM

oh man, i saw the thread title and thought "at last, they are bulldozing everything south of erdman"...then i opened the link, no im disappointed

Haha too funny!
The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#7 johman

johman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,829 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:26 PM

No amount of improvement would make the drive on Harford Road north to or south of Erdman Avenue a pleasant experience.

#8 VOSA

VOSA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:30 PM

Here's what you do....

You take already budgeted state funds and you use them to improve the road.

Then when Obama comes out with a stimulus package you put up a sign saying the stimulus paid for the improvements.

That's what you do if you're Martin O'Malley who's a (D) who needs to suck up to the B&RL for backing the wrong horse in the last election.

#9 Section539

Section539

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:44 PM

Here's what you do....

Then when Obama comes out with a stimulus package you put up a sign saying the stimulus paid for the improvements.

Well that's what I suspect, but I would like to prove it. I recall hearing the same thing about the I83 project just below the Maryland line.

#10 jthorne

jthorne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:05 PM

Here's what you do....

That's what you do if you're Martin O'Malley who's a (D) who needs to suck up to the B&RL for backing the wrong horse in the last election.

Hey, I'm generally wrong. But in this case what I've heard is that plans were made while gas tax revenue was tumbling in. But then everyone stopped driving, revenue dried up, and these projects were going to be shelved. THEN Washington stepped in with stimulus funds. Those funds were meant to go into projects that were ready to go immediately so that themoney could work ts way into the economy quickly.

#11 NoFreeRides

NoFreeRides

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,188 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:13 PM

They've actually been resurfacing State roads that don't need it including Route 543 and Route 22 in Harford County. What a freaking waste of funds.
Is it too much to ask that people take responsibility for the consequences of the decisions they make?:confused:

http://www.ntu.org/m...ge.php?PageID=6

#12 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:36 PM

Just like the sign on 83 about paving 10 miles of road. Problem is 6 miles were paved last year. So collect for 10, pave 4 and pocket the rest to balance the budget. And they do say you can scam the Govt.

#13 jadedsue

jadedsue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,735 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:13 PM

I drive up to Bel Air via Harford Road occasionally, and last night I noticed a sign that said "Improvements paid for by economic stimulus funds." It was right after you cross the Little Gunpowder into Harford County. Does anyone know how to confirm this fact? I did some googling, and spent some time on the Harford County website, but got lost.

I brought this up about a month ago. I love the signs re: Obama and (not sure but I think M O M ) has added his name onto the sign in some locations. Give me a break....:eek:

#14 Jaz

Jaz

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,193 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:18 PM

Just like the sign on 83 about paving 10 miles of road. Problem is 6 miles were paved last year. So collect for 10, pave 4 and pocket the rest to balance the budget. And they do say you can scam the Govt.

Actually they are paving over the same stuff they just paved last year. All that stuff near the truck weigh station at exit 36 has been paved twice in the last two years. Thanks O'Bammy!