Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimatt

WCHH 104.3 changes format

18 posts in this topic

Hit Radio

Radio station WCHH-FM (104.3) changed format this week going to an Top 40 hits playlist. The story here is a fairly straightforward one of the former home to alternative music continuing to lose ratings ground to Baltimore's 98 Rock.

The Clear Channel station that is now packaged as Z104.3 will feature such artists as Britney Spears, Kanye West, Jay Z, Beyonce, Taylor Swift and Black Eyed Peas.

http://www.z1043.com

Bad Alternative Grungy music, not the stuff the old WHFS used to play. I'd wish CBS Radio would dump or move ElZol and bring back WHFS to 99.1. The station used to get decent ratings in Baltimore before the format flip to Spanish.

I miss

"What's the phrase that pays?"

"Baltimore's Best - B104 Means Music"

Remember seeing Coke-sponsored bumper stickers with that slogan?

ff

it is?why is that i listen to it everyday.

Maybe you are like Bruce Willis in the Sixth Sense.

Bad Alternative Grungy music, not the stuff the old WHFS used to play. I'd wish CBS Radio would dump or move ElZol and bring back WHFS to 99.1. The station used to get decent ratings in Baltimore before the format flip to Spanish.

CBS Radio does not own ElZol or 99.1

CBS has WWMX (106.5), WLIF (101.9), WCBS (105.7), as well as WCBS-AM (1300)

CBS Radio does not own ElZol or 99.1

CBS has WWMX (106.5), WLIF (101.9), WCBS (105.7), as well as WCBS-AM (1300)

The last two are WJZ-FM and WJZ, respectively. WCBS is assigned to the CBS stations in New York.

I was pretty disappointed when the format changed. I can't stand 98 rock, as they play way too much terribad hair metal and AC/DC.

Now I'm stuck with just one alternative station (DC 101), which is a great station, but not enough.

don't any of you get 103.1 WRNR? i know it's pretty sketchy around the DC beltway, but i thought it covered most of baltimore? the owner is the original owner of old school 99.1 from back in the 80s...many of the old 99.1 d.j.s are now at 103.1.

don't any of you get 103.1 WRNR? i know it's pretty sketchy around the DC beltway, but i thought it covered most of baltimore? the owner is the original owner of old school 99.1 from back in the 80s...many of the old 99.1 d.j.s are now at 103.1.

WTMD 89.7 TSU is another alternative.....

I hate to use that term....DC101 and 98Rock used to be (back in the day) more "typical" rock stations with classic and new rock mixed

somehow alternative became more mainstream IMHO of course

On a similar topic, I will fight anyone to the death who says Roche is not the best DJ (not talk host) on the radio in the Balt/Wash metro area.

He might be the funniest person I've ever heard on the radio.

DOO DOO TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SPECTACULARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

TMD is the best station in town..

Commercial free, listener supported.. It don't get better that that!

problem is, nobody listens to pearl jam, stone temple pilots, or soundgarden anymore

The last two are WJZ-FM and WJZ, respectively. WCBS is assigned to the CBS stations in New York.

You are right, I mixed them up with the affiliation with CBS Radio. It's actually WJZ-FM (105.7 The Fan) and WJZ-AM (1300 AM ESPN Radio)