Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DJ1804

MD Girls High School Basketball 09-10!!

1,465 posts in this topic

not sure but the word on the street is janna tucker will be heading to "riverdale" in school year 2010?[/quote

Wouldnt surprise me with that family, but why? She should be able to write her own ticket wherever she goes. Whats Riverdale Baptist going to do for her? How is she getting to school in the morning? Again, it wouldnt suprise me, that family is loyal to no one. All about basketball not to concerned about education. Remember colleges are looking for STUDENT ATHLETES.

not sure but the word on the street is janna tucker will be heading to "riverdale" in school year 2010?

Shocking!!!! the Tuckers are packing up and going to a new school, let me guess a new AAU organization also?

Right now it would be better for "top tier" kids, especially since there are no true elite teams ie...Boo Williams or Fairfax Stars in the Baltimore area to head south. This will allow the "top tier" kids to play at the elite level. The number of players coming out of the Baltimore area and going to D1 colleges are too far and too few between. There are too many talented kids in the area who are deserving of scholarships, but are getting over-looked because of the teams /schedules they are playing. I think the Baltimore area needs to unite and form one strong elite organization ie... old Baltimore Cougars with strong and fair leadership and get that Nike Sponsorship! If not you will see a lot more girls going south.

That's an interesting point of view, considering how many D1 players we have slated in the 2010 class and there are a bunch of Big East players coming out of here. And we're talking High School right & not AAU. Two different topics.

That's an interesting point of view, considering how many D1 players we have slated in the 2010 class and there are a bunch of Big East players coming out of here. And we're talking High School right & not AAU. Two different topics.

We are talking HS, I thought?

shocking!!!! The tuckers are packing up and going to a new school, let me guess a new aau organization also?

Face it MS. "D" is back! She does seem to know what she is doing. She always had a quality program in the past,with things happening so fast, seems like she never left. The way girls are flocking to her school.

Why would any of our kids from Baltimore want to go south to play at Riverdale Baptist? This isnt AAU, name me the last kid that went from the Baltimore area HS to the D.C. area HS? and still lived in the Baltimore area? Akila Bethel lives in Columbia and she goes to HC thats the only one I know of. Plus, Akila along with Chase/Williams(RB transfers) are regretting going to HC. They feel they are not getting any College looks. When they were brought into HC, these kids had no idea that they were not allowed to be showcased on the AAU circuit. Their Head Coach feels that if Colleges want them, then they can come see them during their HS season. The Head Coach wants total control of these kids. So thats why Lauren Chase and Tyonna Williams departed for Riverdale Baptist.

So whoever is spreading that rumor about our girls heading south, is a joke.

Lets not forget SK beat RB last year in the ESPN Georgetown Prep showcase.

Also, why would our girls go south, when the Baltimore area has better players then the D.C. area?

Just wanted to correct you on some wrong information. I am very close to Akilah & her mom and I know for a fact Akilah is getting PLENTY of college looks. (Big East, ACC, SEC & Pac 10 included) She doesn't live in Columbia, but west Baltimore County. The HC team plays AAU under the name of DC Love & competed in Boo Williams, USJN 16/17U where they went to the finals to lose by 2 or 3 points. They also played in Best of MD & made it to the Finals again. He keeps them together to be better prepared for the HS season because they came in 2nd at WCAC & he wants that chip. Also saw Akilah running with her old hometeam Lady Lions. So I know her mom is cool with her situation. Not sure about the other kids, but the one that stayed put is good with her decision.

Face it MS. "D" is back! She does seem to know what she is doing. She always had a quality program in the past,with things happening so fast, seems like she never left. The way girls are flocking to her school.

From the DC area yes they are flocking, not from the Baltimore area though.

Not to mention she has the coach from Boo Williams as an assistant. High school or AAU....hmmm. You say tomato I say tomata

Right now it would be better for "top tier" kids, especially since there are no true elite teams ie...Boo Williams or Fairfax Stars in the Baltimore area to head south. This will allow the "top tier" kids to play at the elite level. The number of players coming out of the Baltimore area and going to D1 colleges are too far and too few between. There are too many talented kids in the area who are deserving of scholarships, but are getting over-looked because of the teams /schedules they are playing. I think the Baltimore area needs to unite and form one strong elite organization ie... old Baltimore Cougars with strong and fair leadership and get that Nike Sponsorship! If not you will see a lot more girls going south.

Hey Top I agree with everything you have said....but remember here we are only going to focus on High School Ball. The other thread or latter threads would be the most appropriate place to discuss the MD/DC/VA Club issues .

Thanks!! :)

Just wanted to correct you on some wrong information. I am very close to Akilah & her mom and I know for a fact Akilah is getting PLENTY of college looks. (Big East, ACC, SEC & Pac 10 included) She doesn't live in Columbia, but west Baltimore County. The HC team plays AAU under the name of DC Love & competed in Boo Williams, USJN 16/17U where they went to the finals to lose by 2 or 3 points. They also played in Best of MD & made it to the Finals again. He keeps them together to be better prepared for the HS season because they came in 2nd at WCAC & he wants that chip. Also saw Akilah running with her old hometeam Lady Lions. So I know her mom is cool with her situation. Not sure about the other kids, but the one that stayed put is good with her decision.

Thats great news Coach, Im very happy things are going well at the Bethel camp.

My information is not wrong information though. When my daughter and myself talked to Akilah, she had implied that she was upset that she was not allowed to play every weekend in the summer and that her Bball was being limited by her HS coach. Also, she felt she was not getting the exposure she should be getting. She also mentioned that because she did not attend all of the AAU circuit that that is the reason why her name is not even listed in the Hoop Gurlz rank/grade.

But either way, it seems like what her HS coach is doing, must be working. We are all wishing Akilah the best and looking forward to seeing her in the Big East, ACC, SEC or PAC 10.

Go Tartans!!!

Take it easy, this aint Morgan Wootten were talking about here. Diane Richardson is good, but she has alot of advantages at Riverdale Baptist that other coaches do not have. For instance, there are no rules, I repeat no rules at Riverdale Baptist. Why do you think Rod wanted the RB gig so bad?You dont see Diane jumping at the chance to coach in the WCAC, IAAM, Howard County(where she lives),etc. Too many transfer rules(WCAC). For instance, the word is out that if you are 6'3" or over, you get to go to RB for free for the next 4 years(this months special). Thats one reason why there girls are flocking to RB.

Diane Richardson 5 years at Riverdale Baptist 144 wins avg. 28 wins per year

Gina Miller 3 years at Riverdale Baptist 81 wins avg. 27 wins per year

When there are no rules imagine what you could do on the hardwood?

Again, Diane Richardson is a good coach and she got labeled as the Queen, which is way too cool, but she only coached 5 years at Riverdale Baptist and failed at coaching at the College level.

Again, Diane Richardson is a good coach and she got labeled as the Queen, which is way too cool, but she only coached 5 years at Riverdale Baptist and failed at coaching at the College level.

Failed at the college level... Didn't she coach at American first then moved to one of the top programs in the country. What happened at Maryland had nothing to do with Diane's ability to coach the game. Yes Gina had a good run ,but remember Diane recruited most of those girls before she left.

Take it easy, this aint Morgan Wootten were talking about here. Diane Richardson is good, but she has alot of advantages at Riverdale Baptist that other coaches do not have. For instance, there are no rules, I repeat no rules at Riverdale Baptist. Why do you think Rod wanted the RB gig so bad?You dont see Diane jumping at the chance to coach in the WCAC, IAAM, Howard County(where she lives),etc. Too many transfer rules(WCAC). For instance, the word is out that if you are 6'3" or over, you get to go to RB for free for the next 4 years(this months special). Thats one reason why there girls are flocking to RB.

Diane Richardson 5 years at Riverdale Baptist 144 wins avg. 28 wins per year

Gina Miller 3 years at Riverdale Baptist 81 wins avg. 27 wins per year

When there are no rules imagine what you could do on the hardwood?

Thanks Gator for the insight. You always tell it how it is!!!!! Straight and to the point.

Failed at the college level... Didn't she coach at American first then moved to one of the top programs in the country. What happened at Maryland had nothing to do with Diane's ability to coach the game. Yes Gina had a good run ,but remember Diane recruited most of those girls before she left.

Topdog- What happened at Md. had nothing to do with Dianes ability to coach the game. Are you being serious? Brenda couldnt get her out of Terp land quick enough. She barely lasted a year. Brenda realized that Diane had no knowledge of the game at the next level. Where have you been Topdog?

Hey guys we have had over 800 hits on this thread in just over 24hours....that alone should let you know that people out there want to hear about Girls high School Bball in maryland!!:D

Let's continue to serve them go stuff!!!1:):)

Hey guys we have had over 800 hits on this thread in just over 24hours....that alone should let you know that people out there want to hear about Girls high School Bball in maryland!!:D

Let's continue to serve them go stuff!!!1:):)

Great job DJ!!!!!!!!

Riverdale Baptist/Upper Marlboro, Maryland: still pre-season #1 for now despite the loss of little-twin Tierra Hawkins; still tough with mainstays Ataira Franklin and Jello Richmond; big-time additions in Diana Logan and Whitney King; also look to Lauren Chase, Tiyonna Williams, and Kelilah Atkinson to put in work; if Riverdale can get any type of real post play going on, they should end up being #1 in our region, or close to it, because the Queen is back, and she ain't havin' it.

Eye- Whats the story on Whitney King? transfer? what aau? height? position?

James Madison 79 Georgetown 76

Tarik Hislop(Paint Branch) makes debut, 30 minutes 10 points.

Dawn Evans is a top 5 point guard. 29 points.

Lake Taylor/Norfolk, Virginia: pre-season #4 was Virginia State 3A Semifinalist last year, and should be able to get to the finals this year, with more chesmistry and experience, despite a few transfers out; a cast of several, from the BWSL 15U team, with mainstays Toia Giggetts, Breshara Gordon, and Linda Stepney leading this 32-minute full-court pressing attack.

Kudos to former MYBA 95's they have all made varsity!

Eboni Dorsey- St. Paul's

De'ja Williamson- Woodlawn

Ariana Foote- Franklin

Tyshell King- St. Frances Academy

Allysha McFarland- Annapolis

Mecca Perkins- California

Deja Belt- Digital Harbor

Infiniti Alston- Western

Cydni Cole- Coming Soon

These girls had a remarkable run on the AAU circuit for a long time.

Also, Ariana Foote and Infiniti Alston are starters on there High School Teams.

Congratulations to Ricky Guyton and crew

Kudos to former MYBA 95's they have all made varsity!

Eboni Dorsey- St. Paul's

De'ja Williamson- Woodlawn

Ariana Foote- Franklin

Tyshell King- St. Frances Academy

Allysha McFarland- Annapolis

Mecca Perkins- California

Deja Belt- Digital Harbor

Infiniti Alston- Western

Cydni Cole- Coming Soon

These girls had a remarkable run on the AAU circuit for a long time.

Also, Ariana Foote and Infiniti Alston are starters on there High School Teams.

Congratulations to Ricky Guyton and crew

Reggie Leach deserves some credit as well...you should be proud!!!

Morgan St. 58 Seton Hall 55

Dayton 62 Georgetown 59

Navy 60 Loyola 50

Towson 56 Winthrop 46

Keep an eye on that Dayton team. They are 2-1, they beat #10 Michigan St. and Georgetown. They lost to Louisville by 2.