Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DJ1804

MD Girls High School Basketball 09-10!!

1,465 posts in this topic

Kudos to former MYBA 95's they have all made varsity!

Eboni Dorsey- St. Paul's

De'ja Williamson- Woodlawn

Ariana Foote- Franklin

Tyshell King- St. Frances Academy

Allysha McFarland- Annapolis

Mecca Perkins- California

Deja Belt- Digital Harbor

Infiniti Alston- Western

Cydni Cole- Coming Soon

These girls had a remarkable run on the AAU circuit for a long time.

Also, Ariana Foote and Infiniti Alston are starters on there High School Teams.

Congratulations to Ricky Guyton and crew

Hey Elliott....again we want to keep this purely on High School BBall!

Congrats to the kids, but let's give credit to them and their parents and leave the AAU piece for another thread! :(

Keep an eye on that Dayton team. They are 2-1, they beat #10 Michigan St. and Georgetown. They lost to Louisville by 2.

Guys come on....with all the teams out here and scrimmages going on, i know there is some High School hoops news to talk about!!! :)

Guys come on....with all the teams out here and scrimmages going on, i know there is some High School hoops news to talk about!!! :)

The Gator just got put in Blog timeout, bad Gator. HaHa.

St. Frances Academy scrimmaged St. John's College/Washington, D.C. this afternoon. St. Frances looked real sloppy without Shatyra Hawkes, as they got run out of the gym two of the four quarters. A lot of nice tackling going on, as the referees let both teams play.

St. John's looks much better right now than they did at the same time last year; a lot of youngins playing extra hard for those minutes. I've never seen St. Frances get run around like that. Hawkes back in the building and some defensive transition work in practice should sort it all out.

The second-string post player for St. Frances can do a little something with some more real work. The starting PG for St. John's looked better than I've ever seen her look.

The Ivy League mob for St. John's looked to be in mid-season form: pg Nikola Zimmer (Dartmouth); wing Joelle Davidson (Cornell); and post Marissa Brock (Harvard).

St. Frances Academy scrimmaged St. John's College/Washington, D.C. this afternoon. St. Frances looked real sloppy without Shatyra Hawkes, as they got run out of the gym two of the four quarters. A lot of nice tackling going on, as the referees let both teams play.

St. John's looks much better right now than they did at the same time last year; a lot of youngins playing extra hard for those minutes. I've never seen St. Frances get run around like that. Hawkes back in the building and some defensive transition work in practice should sort it all out.

The second-string post player for St. Frances can do a little something with some more real work. The starting PG for St. John's looked better than I've ever seen her look.

The Ivy League mob for St. John's looked to be in mid-season form: pg Nikola Zimmer (Dartmouth); wing Joelle Davidson (Cornell); and post Marissa Brock (Harvard).

St. Frances is going to need some help on there post play defensively; the St. John's big girl pretty much had her way yesterday. Breezy was solid, but the Britt Kid struggled. Once St. Frances settled down things evened out a little bit. Harmon is a beast. I don't know how Coach Shelton is going to play his bench this year, but Wilson and King could help. They both played solid yesterday.

Monday @ 6pm Surratsville plays Western @ Western. Alston and Tucker will be making there debut. It should be a packed gym. Western plays 3 nationally ranked teams over the Christmas break:

Murry Bergtraum High School

St. Michaels

University High School(The Tournament Of Pheonix)

St. Frances will be at that tournament also.

Good Luck To Coach Silver And Burley!

Can someone give me the insight into Roland Park. What do they look like this year??? :)

Can someone give me the insight into Roland Park. What do they look like this year??? :)

roland park look the same as last year. daisy and jackson will do all of the scoring. freshman beth kelly can shoot the three ball. coach BUCKLEY loves to run the flex offense,but he is still missing a big girl. The Edwards kid plays hard,but shes not a true post player. However this team plays hard. I Exspect Daisy to see alot of double teams this year. She still will put up good numbers this year,she is that good.

Any info on scrimmage schedules for Meade, Seton Keough, and McDonough.

Western @ Spalding 11/28 @ 2:00.

Central Dauphin @ Seton Keough 11/28 3:00.

James Madison 76 VaTech 69

Tarik Hislop(Paint Branch) 34 minutes 11 points

Go to " viewmyschedule" Google it.

Meade next scrimmage is against Springbrook on 12/2.

They then open the season against North County on 12/4 and then play Great Mills on 12/7.

Springbrook is at home the other games are away!! :)

baller have you been going to the high school scrimmage? if so what do you think?

baller have you been going to the high school scrimmage? if so what do you think?

havent made out in the county yet, but have been geting good updates! heard OM has a 6 2" transfer, not sure how much she will contribute? Seems that Spalding, Arundel and Meade are ready, got update on SFA vs. St. John, Says St. John Looks very good, SFA still a work in progress.... hope to get out this week-end:)

PS: gonna try and get to more college games this year, AA County has quite a few kids playing in local colleges this year:)

good to here from you! i heard about sfa. let me ask do you think sfa can work that out or is they time over? please give me some feed back!

good to here from you! i heard about sfa. let me ask do you think sfa can work that out or is they time over? please give me some feed back!

Nah, i think they can work it out!! the more they play the better they will get, the Big kid has to get stronger and contribute on the offensive end< but from what i know of her, the more she plays the better she becomes, if you're gonna get SFA, you better get them now, a few games under thier belt and they will be up to par, and will give anyone a match! once again the Big kid in the middle has to produce, if not they are done...

Nah, i think they can work it out!! the more they play the better they will get, the Big kid has to get stronger and contribute on the offensive end< but from what i know of her, the more she plays the better she becomes, if you're gonna get SFA, you better get them now, a few games under thier belt and they will be up to par, and will give anyone a match! once again the Big kid in the middle has to produce, if not they are done...

i think the wizard has his work cut out with the youngins in a half court set he will have to do his teaching at practice and coaching in the game:rolleyes: post players need strengthing and footwork defensively, that harmon kid was a beast had to her player defensively and a few others at times, did she ever get a break during the scrimmage:confused:

Elizabeth Seton @ Roland Park today at 4:30. Scrimmage.

Western won convincingly Monday against Surrattsville(lost to Digital Harbor in the finals last year). There's to much size, and speed on the Western team.

There should be a more challenging game tomorrow against Mercy

Maercy @ Western 11/25 @ 6

The Breezy Bishop Showcase will be December 11th, 12th, & 13th 2009 at the Western/ Poly Sports Complex 4600 Falls Road Baltimore, MD 21209. Both gymnasiums are conjoined so you can watch all the games at one site.

Ticket Prices:

$8.00 general admission per day- To the public

*College Coaches:

$155.00- for 3days, a college coaches packet, full access to the hospitality suite, and access to the high school coaches.

$80.00- 3 days, full access to hospitality suite and access to high school coaches, COACHING PACKET NOT INCLUDED.

*you can go to http://www.westerndovesbasketball.com for more information and to pay for your coaching passes.

All Proceeds go towards Western Basketball Program.

Thank You and see you soon.

The Breezy Bishop Showcase will be December 11th, 12th, & 13th 2009 at the Western/ Poly Sports Complex 4600 Falls Road Baltimore, MD 21209. Both gymnasiums are conjoined so you can watch all the games at one site.

Ticket Prices:

$8.00 general admission per day- To the public

*College Coaches:

$155.00- for 3days, a college coaches packet, full access to the hospitality suite, and access to the high school coaches.

$80.00- 3 days, full access to hospitality suite and access to high school coaches, COACHING PACKET NOT INCLUDED.

*you can go to http://www.westerndovesbasketball.com for more information and to pay for your coaching passes.

All Proceeds go towards Western Basketball Program.

Thank You and see you soon.

Coach- can you give me Westerns schedule for this Saturday? exact times for your Varsity team?

Elizabeth Seton @ Roland Park today at 4:30. Scrimmage.

Hey Smack I heard Roland Park held their own in the scrimmage against ES Tuesday ?

Hey Smack I heard Roland Park held their own in the scrimmage against ES Tuesday ?

I heard the same, great news for Roland Park. Gotta love the Outlaw kid.

Western defeated Mercy, but Mercy held them to a close game early on. The Tuckers and the Alston Kid took over the game second quarter as they took the team to a double-digit victory. The Alston Kid controlled the boards and J. Tucker controlled the floor. Amirah Tucker was raining 3's all game long.

Let's see how they do against Spalding.

Western @ Spalding 11/26 2pm