Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DJ1804

MD Girls High School Basketball 09-10!!

1,465 posts in this topic

Go on the road to Memphis Tn and beat #9 Memphis Central 74 - 60

Thats a nice win for RB, but Hoopgurlz rankings we all know are not really legit. Their rankings are bias to the friends of the writers at Hoopgurlz. If you notice, Memphis Central and Riverdale Baptist are not even in the USA Today top 40 High School Girls rankings.

So how can Memphis Central be ranked #9 in Hoopgurlz and not on top 40 in USA Today? thats a large margin. So obviously, someone from Memphis Central HS knows someone on the inside at Hoopgurlz.

Gee, I wonder if someone at Riverdale Baptist#19 knows someone at Hoopgurlz? HaHA. I mean to be ranked#19 in America with no Lil Twin and a you have a new coach?

Thats a nice win for RB, but Hoopgurlz rankings we all know are not really legit. Their rankings are bias to the friends of the writers at Hoopgurlz. If you notice, Memphis Central and Riverdale Baptist are not even in the USA Today top 40 High School Girls rankings.

So how can Memphis Central be ranked #9 in Hoopgurlz and not on top 40 in USA Today? thats a large margin. So obviously, someone from Memphis Central HS knows someone on the inside at Hoopgurlz.

Gee, I wonder if someone at Riverdale Baptist#19 knows someone at Hoopgurlz? HaHA. I mean to be ranked#19 in America with no Lil Twin and a you have a new coach?

Hey gator...the service I use had memphis ranked at #35....and RDB not ranked at all. But they also favored the Western teams.

Look this HS national Ranking stuff is so subjective, my hat is off to Hoopgulz for trying to get local teams and talent some attention!! :)

Hey gator...the service I use had memphis ranked at #35....and RDB not ranked at all. But they also favored the Western teams.

Look this HS national Ranking stuff is so subjective, my hat is off to Hoopgulz for trying to get local teams and talent some attention!! :)

Agree

Word on the street is that Western HS has changed the song on their website from " Run this town" to "When Doves cry", after they played Spalding today.

Central Dauphin HS with its National power ranking featuring Alissa Thomas(Maryland commit) came down to play Seton Keough HS in front of a full packed house yesterday afternoon. With the excitement looming in the crowd for this anticipated Thanksgiving showdown to see which of these 2 powerhouses would prevail with a victory. One problem though, Central Dauphin came to play a basketball game, but Seton Keough(16 players) decided it was family day and everyone got to play equal amount of minutes.

After the game, Central Dauphin fans were wondering why they took the trip down from Pa. and SK fans were humiliated that they got stomped in all 5 quarters in their own backyard.

Sad day for Maryland basketball.

nation stop hating on western. i saw them at the riverhill mixer yesterday. they looked very good in there wins over walt witman , arundel , st.johns and riverhill. there reserves played most of game vs. spaulding. too bad keogh ducked them doing the preseason.

Word on the street is that Western HS has changed the song on their website from " Run this town" to "When Doves cry", after they played Spalding today.

Great stuff Gator!!!! I heard when both teams had their starters on the court it was no contest. Western couldnt handle the tempo of Spalding. Swinson and Curtis owned the glass, while Freeland, Morrison and Makins dominated in guard play.

With all the talent Western has, why do they feel it is necessary to start 2 freshman?

nation stop hating on western. i saw them at the riverhill mixer yesterday. they looked very good in there wins over walt witman , arundel , st.johns and riverhill. there reserves played most of game vs. spaulding. too bad keogh ducked them doing the preseason.

whitmans junk, arundel was only 7 minute game and they tied river hill. agree, its a shame SK dodged the bump.

Nest, i think Gator is actually a western closet fan.

Went to that game at Spalding. Spalding is good but Western was tired. Westrn played 4 games from 9am to 11am I was told. Then they played Spalding at 3pm. Spalding came out ready and prepared to make a statement. The starters for Western looked tired and frustrated. Keep in mind Western's bench still stepped up and beat Spalding by 5. I wish we could see this in the regular season. Just confirmed Western played Riverhill, St. John's (D.C.), Arundel, and Whittman during the morning. Again not taken anything from Spalding but clearly not a game. It was very boring. Spalding is going to be good in IAAM. They will battle for 3rd place in the IAAM regular season. Possible upset in the tournament. I keep hearing Arundel is not that strong this season. Any truth to it. Great post play, mediocre guards.

I think we all are missing the point of a scrimmage. Scrimmages are designed to see what you need to work on. Some coaches uses it as teaching tools for their teams. Yesterday I saw a visibly tired Western team and instead of thier coaches trying to beat Spalding, she chose to rest her stars. I am sure Boswell did the same thing. Us bloggers get on here and make brash comments about the teams and the kids. We should not do that. They are scrimmages people. Had Central Daulphin lost do you think they would have lost their national ranking. No. Scrimmages again are designed to improve on things before the season starts. That is why college scrimmages are closed to the public. It is designed to work on offense and defense. The season starts for Maryland teams in December. The 1st big event in this area is the Breezy Bishop Showcase. Let's wait until that time to start diagnosing our top teams.

mdterp, i was at the mixer....and yes western played all those teams. Myfirst time seeing western in a number of years, and I was impressed. I think we must remember tht this was a scrimmage and Coaches appeared to be working on what was important to them.

Arundel did not put their top five on the floor together in any of the scrimmages. T. Wilson was hurt and LR appeared to be focused on testing bench players and certain sets. Guard players will be far from mediocre and there were some real surprises from the bench. AR will win AA County...but will have their hands full with Northpoint in the regionals!! Saw them yesterday and I think I will check them out several times during the regular season.....the butler kids are the real deal!!!

Went to that game at Spalding. Spalding is good but Western was tired. Westrn played 4 games from 9am to 11am I was told. Then they played Spalding at 3pm. Spalding came out ready and prepared to make a statement. The starters for Western looked tired and frustrated. Keep in mind Western's bench still stepped up and beat Spalding by 5. I wish we could see this in the regular season. Just confirmed Western played Riverhill, St. John's (D.C.), Arundel, and Whittman during the morning. Again not taken anything from Spalding but clearly not a game. It was very boring. Spalding is going to be good in IAAM. They will battle for 3rd place in the IAAM regular season. Possible upset in the tournament. I keep hearing Arundel is not that strong this season. Any truth to it. Great post play, mediocre guards.

Western was tired????? BS!!!!!!! Kids at this age should be able to play all day and all night, its called gym rats. How can you play 4 games in 2 hours? You cant, you know why? because they didnt. They played 3 teams in 18 minute halfs each and I heard they only played Arundel for 7 minutes.

Then they had a 3 hour rest and then played Spalding. How is this different from what they do every weekend on the AAU circuit?

Plus, as Star Studded as this Western team is supposed to be, they should never get tired and make excuses for being out played by Spalding. Its ok to lose, its just a scrimmage.

If your already tired in November, you'll never make it to February!!!!!!!

I think we all are missing the point of a scrimmage. Scrimmages are designed to see what you need to work on. Some coaches uses it as teaching tools for their teams. Yesterday I saw a visibly tired Western team and instead of thier coaches trying to beat Spalding, she chose to rest her stars. I am sure Boswell did the same thing. Us bloggers get on here and make brash comments about the teams and the kids. We should not do that. They are scrimmages people. Had Central Daulphin lost do you think they would have lost their national ranking. No. Scrimmages again are designed to improve on things before the season starts. That is why college scrimmages are closed to the public. It is designed to work on offense and defense. The season starts for Maryland teams in December. The 1st big event in this area is the Breezy Bishop Showcase. Let's wait until that time to start diagnosing our top teams.

I would agree with you if this was a scrimmage 2 weeks ago, but with the regular season starting this week and a National team comes into your house, then you better play your top players for 4 quarters and "play to win the game"(Herm Edwards). Period. Cause guess what? Central Dauphin did.

I remember when I was little I saw Kellen Winslow Sr. play a game when he was real tired. Worked out pretty well for him that day.

tired or not people love too see the best and western will draw a crowd wherever they go. mdterp said everything correct. talk is cheap,lets get ready 4 the regular season.oh by the way, those 2 freshman western have, they can verbal with any major d1 college riite now. so why not start them.

tired or not people love too see the best and western will draw a crowd wherever they go. mdterp said everything correct. talk is cheap,lets get ready 4 the regular season.oh by the way, those 2 freshman western have, they can verbal with any major d1 college riite now. so why not start them.

Silly 9th grade parent.

So you are saying Western is the BEST? How many games do you see Western losing this season? I see 6 in the month of December alone.

MOI guys it doesn't matter how many games western wins in December....what does matter is where they are and how many they win....in Feb and March!!

Based upon what I saw yesterday Western will be one of those teams we will be watching at UMBC.

And in the long run, that's all tht should matter at this stage. :)

Western was no match for Spaulding, they played there best for 2 Quarters

and was being out match at EVERY POSITION, PERIOD. If its was a real game

Spaulding by 15,plus. they could not bring the ball up the court. NO REBONDS

NO PASS AND DRIBBLER, VERY SMALL SCORE expept SPENCER

We have to switch topics people. We are talking about who could have done what or whatever. Spalding is good but 15pts goodsport. Sorry I would like some of that juice you have been sippin. As for Keough, saw that game as well. Central Daulphin played as well as a national ranked team should. But again it was pre season. No need for quotes. The Indy Colts went 2-2 in the pre season. How is their season working out. Again, I applaud alot of you fans but know more about the game before bloggin your feelings. Maryland State Public schools started less than 2 weeks ago. Western like Digital and Spalding just started their season. Spalding is good and scrappy. They have excellent guards and put tremendous pressure on the ball. Western put their bench in and broke the press everytime and outscored Spaldings starters and bench. In the regular season it would be the same.

People December is made for upsets. Keough has been the upset queens in December going 2-0 at Breezy Bishop Showcase. Beating 2 Nationally ranked teams over the past 3 years.

Western schedule features University High School, a possible match-up with St. Michael's Academy N.Y and Riverdale Baptist. Sometimes playing the best makes you better. I like the fact that Baltimore teams are leaving their shell and playing the US. It brings attention to our great little Basketball scene.

Again, no more trash talk for me. I have nothing invested in either team, nor am I a parent of any kid. But again it's pre-season.

Any info on scrimmage schedules for Meade, Seton Keough, and McDonough.

Meade scrimmaged three Delaware teams in a play day on the Eastern Shore back on Nov 21. They were quick but had some trouble shooting.

So you are saying Western is the BEST? How many games do you see Western losing this season? I see 6 in the month of December alone.

ST if you recall they started last year 0-4 and finished 21-6 with yet another trip to the RAC. How can you hate on the fact that the don't duck competition and put their program in the best events. Isnt that what this is all about ? Not protecting a record!! NO OTHER TEAMS in this area except for the top 3 SFA, SK & Western think outside the box!

This year will be very exciting with Girls Basketball, let's keep it positive!!

There should be a good scrimmage at sfa today @ 5;30 should be alot of people there.they have a freshman over sfa on alot of coaches list. I would like to see her at western with them other freshman that's lighting them coaches list up. just putting it out there!!!!!!!!

ST if you recall they started last year 0-4 and finished 21-6 with yet another trip to the RAC. How can you hate on the fact that the don't duck competition and put their program in the best events. Isnt that what this is all about ? Not protecting a record!! NO OTHER TEAMS in this area except for the top 3 SFA, SK & Western think outside the box!

This year will be very exciting with Girls Basketball, let's keep it positive!!

"Don't duck competition", you say? Ok I'll play. Name the best 5 teams at the Breezy tournament coming up next weekend?

themambas Maryland Pre-season top 25

1.) RIVERDALE BAPTIST (25-3)

2.) SETON KEOUGH (25-8)

3.) ELIZABETH SETON (24-7)

4.) ST. FRANCES (25-3)

5.) WESTERN (20-7)

6.) NORTH POINT (24-2)

7.) SPALDING (19-8)

8.) BISHOP MCNAMARA (16-13)

9.) ARUNDEL (23-5)

10.) HOLY CROSS (23-10)

11.) SENECA VALLEY (16-8)