Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DJ1804

MD Girls High School Basketball 09-10!!

1,465 posts in this topic

Im hearing because Russel gave all that free tuition to his players and they came in 6th place in the WCAC. He now has been demoted and will now coach the 13/14U team with the Team Sol organization.

Why so much hatin on Russ? He beat the Panthers in their gym and Liz Seton twice. Yeah they peaked early and lost a lot down the stretch, but the league is brutal. His team is young, but those three wins say something. Tyonna said she didn't like the coaching staff and there was no team chemistry. She is entitled to her opinion and we all hope it works out for her. The point is that team got to the Ship 2008-2009 of the WCAC and lost to a better Good Counsel team with POY Sheehan. There had to be some team chemistry to get that far. My opinion is if she and Chase would have stayed the Tartans would have won WCAC 2009-2010, because the guard play was too young. The Queen wanted them and they wanted to go. I guess the DC Love thing was part of it. He has some nice talent coming in and he aint done shopping yet.

If my player left my program and I had that same team on my schedule that would have been one date I would have had CIRCLE, to show them who had the better team not take them off the schedule like he was scared to coach against the Queen .. Then running around telling everybody to not play Riverdale !! That would have been a matchup for the ages !

The Queen wanted them and they wanted to go. I guess the DC Love thing was part of it. He has some nice talent coming in and he aint done shopping yet.

Shopping...Oh it is okay for him to "shop" for talent. So is this going to be freshmen, or is he going to "knight" himself and go grab talent from other schools.

I said this before and I will say it again.... No one "owns" these kids. Decisions are made and we just have to live with them. There are some kids/parents that regret their decisions and make a move to adjust. There are some that are "stuck" with their decision and have to ride it out and hope that things will turn out.

That is why I am such a fan for Elite ball. If you get on the right club, the ratio of college coaches per game is way higher than anything they do in HS. That would be with the exception of playing a national circuit....Like ummmm...Riverdale Baptist?!:rolleyes:

For argument's sake, how about this early prognostication from your man the IH, for next school season...

1. Riverdale Baptist;

2. Lake Taylor;

3. Archbishop Spalding;

4. St. John's College;

5. Academy of the Holy Cross;

6. North Marion;

7. Oakton.

How about this seven, sports fans?

For argument's sake, how about this early prognostication from your man the IH, for next school season...

1. Riverdale Baptist;

2. Lake Taylor;

3. Archbishop Spalding;

4. St. John's College;

5. Academy of the Holy Cross;

6. North Marion;

7. Oakton.

How about this seven, sports fans?

8. Good Counsel

9. SK

10. PaulVI

8. Good Counsel

9. SK

10. PaulVI

Those three will definitely be in that mix; although losing Koniszewski will be huge for PVI. Losing Walpher may be huge for Keough, as well.

Western, Arundel, and St. Frances each lost a boatload of key seniors; it'll be interesting to see how each reloads.

The same for Elizabeth Seton and Bishop McNamara.

Eye...I might be willing to add Meade to the top 20....not sure if top 10...with the return of Bailey and Jamie McK, Young and Pressely and the moving up of Henson. They will need a tougher schedule and some luck, but maybe!!

Those three will definitely be in that mix; although losing Koniszewski will be huge for PVI. Losing Walpher may be huge for Keough, as well.

Western, Arundel, and St. Frances each lost a boatload of key seniors; it'll be interesting to see how each reloads.

The same for Elizabeth Seton and Bishop McNamara.

Eye...Meade may be a top 20 team at least (not sure if they can make the top 10) with the return of Bailey and Jaime McK, Young and Pressley and the moving up of Henson they could have a team with a lot of AAU seasoned players. They will need a tougher schedule and some luck, but who knows??

For true Real Basketball Report rankings party favors next season, Meade does need a tougher schedule, AND they need to run the table in AACo!

For true Real Basketball Report rankings party favors next season, Meade does need a tougher schedule, AND they need to run the table in AACo!

Meade Run the table in AA.CO.... I think not......... it will be very hard to do that with about three to four other schools having a say so..... I do think that Meade will be very good next season and from what I'm hearing counld be getting some new blood to join them..... but I think that South River, North County, Annapolis, and the state champs will have a lot to say about that when the 2010 season rolls around...... North county brings back all of their scoring , Annapolis brings back 8 players from it's varsity....... south river only lost one player from this year's team...... and the champs will until someone beats them ....... SO get ready for.... IMO A WIDE OPEN Anne Arundel Co RACE TO THE TOP IN 2010-2011:)

Naptown

couldnt agree more, I would also throw in severna park. I hear NC may get a kid or two in. What are you hearing out of meade?

Nice win for Roland Park no matter who played or didn't play on Friday night. To their credit St.Frances bounced right back against a real good team. Dukes helped them a lot in her first game. Hawkes is still capable of getting buckets in bunches. They got good minutes off the bench from Evans which is what they will need if the youngster can't hold it down in the middle. Enjoyed most of Saturday's action but Digital was hard to watch. That 1 for 24 stretch was awful. They are not very deep. Ke'Shara Floyd's lack of activity during the past two summers has caught up to her. Their point guard play was less than stellar. I would rather see Brinkley run the point because she does not impact the game at the 2 guard position. She is solid enough to get the ball to Logan. They can still make a run because of Logan but Sutton is out for a while with an acl injury and Carrington went back to Dundalk. The Holy Cross game was there for the taking.

I enjoyed watching Western. They go hard all the time. Tucker is better than I thought and Spence is a straight baller. I will be at UMBC hoping they can find those 4 or 5 points they will need to get over the hump. I know we try to keep this thread positive and uplift the kids so let me do that now. Western's Jenesis Jones is a senior this year. This kid has consistently done the right things. If her GPA is not the highest in the school its the second highest. She keeps herself in shape and has played high level aau ball for as long as I can remember. Her mother is as dedicated as they come. They are well respected by people with the Lady Lions, Starz and Comets who have dealt with them and by people who have met them in passing. I cannot understand why her coaches do not value her. You mean to tell me she can't get a single minute on the floor in their showcase event in her senior season? I understand that they have to kiss some butt to get their recruits to come there but who really believes Alston and Tucker will be there for 4 years? I understand that there is pressure to win it all but sometimes you have to act like Spike Lee and DO the Right Thing. That was real difficult to watch because the kid is no scrub. And these are the same people who were first in line to take Tasia Bristow when she was asked to leave St.Frances. I am off my soapbox now and you can go back to regularly scheduled programming now. Sorry for the rant.

Jenesis Jones Honored

Congratulations to Western Senior Jenesis Jones. Jenesis was selected by her Head Coach Tiffany Silver for the James Hubbard Memorial Scholarship at the Basketball Academy in January 2010. Jones was awarded the scholarship out of several hundred applicants. Jones also was selected by her coach as this years recipient for the McCormick and Schmidt Unsung Hero award. Congratulations Jenesis and good luck in the future.

Any word on where Brinkley is going to College?

Middle Tennesee

Because with Tionnas talent she should be on a lot better team than Blue Star. Last year Blue Star/Mike Flynn was a disgrace to the Maryland area.

Who is on Blue Stars roster this year?

whos t playin with?