Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Why Do Fox 45 Anchors Use Such Exaggerated Body Movements?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 steely dan dude

steely dan dude

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:59 AM

I have to go to work early, so I sometimes catch the local news on Fox 45 some evenings.

But I am forced to turn it off within minutes when the SO-CALLED anchors, who are dressed like 1980's disco bar flies, grin like Cheshire cats and move their arms in exaggerated movements like Silent Movie stars!

Combine this with bad writing, misleading, sensationalized-one-sided, shallow non-news stories and you have a recipe for comedy -- not hard news.

After about 3 minutes, I click it off and my wife hollers at me.

Is it just me?:cool:

#2 ybnormal

ybnormal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,434 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:12 AM

Ah, but that Karen Parks has a great set of.................................eyes. But what's with that left elbow twitch? She looks like a chicken flapping its wings.

#3 Jack Dublin

Jack Dublin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,913 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:22 AM

I don't know, but I love watching that woman anchor move. I think she might be preg again. I can see why.
"You cannot have a strong middle class without a strong labor movement."

President Barack Obama

#4 steely dan dude

steely dan dude

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:35 AM

Ah, but that Karen Parks has a great set of.................................eyes. But what's with that left elbow twitch? She looks like a chicken flapping its wings.

If I had to exclude an anchor from my criticism it would be Karen Parks.

She is a lovely, good news reader and reporter. She should be running the place!;)

#5 bensmotorcyclehelmet

bensmotorcyclehelmet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:43 AM

I love the super tan guy on at 10 p.m...

We always get a good laugh out of him...

#6 steely dan dude

steely dan dude

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:45 AM

I love the super tan guy on at 10 p.m...

We always get a good laugh out of him...

Those liquid tan machines work pretty good, except you look orange... . :P

#7 samm

samm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:47 AM

i only watch fox 45 in the morning to see how candace looks. everything else is ike a public access show. i have no doubt in my mind that i could put on a more worthwhile show from my dining room. the previous anchor was ok, but she started putting on the lbs so they showed her the door.

#8 steely dan dude

steely dan dude

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:49 AM

i only watch fox 45 in the morning to see how candace looks. everything else is ike a public access show. i have no doubt in my mind that i could put on a more worthwhile show from my dining room. the previous anchor was ok, but she started putting on the lbs so they showed her the door.

She was cute, though.:P

#9 One Party State

One Party State

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

I have to go to work early, so I sometimes catch the local news on Fox 45 some evenings.

But I am forced to turn it off within minutes when the SO-CALLED anchors, who are dressed like 1980's disco bar flies, grin like Cheshire cats and move their arms in exaggerated movements like Silent Movie stars!

Combine this with bad writing, misleading, sensationalized-one-sided, shallow non-news stories and you have a recipe for comedy -- not hard news.

After about 3 minutes, I click it off and my wife hollers at me.

Is it just me?:cool:

You're kidding right....Do you ever watch the other network's newscasts? I'd say that they are even more one-sided than our local Fox station (not to be confused with the cable Fox channel). Then there is the lovely reporting by Sally Thorner. I'm so glad she's retiring. I can't stand to look at her condescending expressions or listen to her condescending voice.

Go Vitas!! I just love that weather man for some reason.

#10 ybnormal

ybnormal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,434 posts

I'd love to experience some "exaggerated body movements" by the new FOX45 weekend sports anchor Kristen Berset. WOW.

#11 Jack Dublin

Jack Dublin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,913 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:51 AM

I'd love to experience some "exaggerated body movements" by the new FOX45 weekend sports anchor Kristen Berset. WOW.

I'd like Jennifer Gilbert to make some hard news with me.

President Barack Obama

#12 steely dan dude

steely dan dude

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:52 AM

I'm going to get in trouble for this. But I don't like female sports babes. Sorry, folks, I must be a dinosaur.

They bug me big time, especially when they are in the locker room. Turn off. The cutesy questions and the hyped, high-pitched enthusiasm makes me change the channel!:rolleyes:

#13 segram99

segram99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:53 AM

Then there is the lovely reporting by Sally Thorner. I'm so glad she's retiring. I can't stand to look at her condescending expressions or listen to her condescending voice.

Agreed...

I just wish she would take her partner Kai Jackson and his arching eyebrows with her.
Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean.

Christopher Reeve (1952-2004)

#14 steely dan dude

steely dan dude

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:55 AM

Agreed...

I just wish she would take her partner Kai Jackson and his arching eyebrows with her.

Good observations -- both!:D

#15 steely dan dude

steely dan dude

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:56 AM

I'd like Jennifer Gilbert to make some hard news with me.

Dude, your too poor for her taste. If you net worth is 50 mil or more, you might get a glance, if she were still single!:P

#16 Jack Dublin

Jack Dublin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,913 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:59 AM

Sally Thorner never regained the sparkle she had at Channel 2. When she returned to Channel 13, she seemed old and haggered.

President Barack Obama

#17 Jack Dublin

Jack Dublin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,913 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:00 AM

Dude, your too poor for her taste. If you net worth is 50 mil or more, you might get a glance, if she were still single!:P

I know, I know. But a guy can dream can't he? He crooked smile makes me want to bust one out.

President Barack Obama

#18 steely dan dude

steely dan dude

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:03 AM

I know, I know. But a guy can dream can't he? He crooked smile makes me want to bust one out.

I hear you. Say what you will, she is a knockout in a real basic kind of way!!!!:P

#19 Jack Dublin

Jack Dublin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,913 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:07 AM

I hear you. Say what you will, she is a knockout in a real basic kind of way!!!!:P

I couldn't have said it better. She is a knockout but not a movie star type. You could really imagine picking her up in some bar and maybe knocking her sox's off in the back seat of the car in the parking lot. Yow!

President Barack Obama

#20 steely dan dude

steely dan dude

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:10 AM

I couldn't have said it better. She is a knockout but not a movie star type. You could really imagine picking her up in some bar and maybe knocking her sox's off in the back seat of the car in the parking lot. Yow!

No comment.
;)