Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Billick to Notre Dame

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#1 fylde5

fylde5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:31 PM

Looks like Billick is going to the Golden Dome. Maryland misses out on a big opportunity.

#2 TheJoeFlaccoShow

TheJoeFlaccoShow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:33 PM

Link please ( could be a problem I am guessing), and put a question mark at the end of the thread title if you are going to wildly speculate.

#3 Dscola31

Dscola31

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:37 PM

Link please ( could be a problem I am guessing), and put a question mark at the end of the thread title if you are going to wildly speculate.

The guy on the CBS halftime show said that he was being interviewed as we speal. Forgot the guys name.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flacco is like the silent assassin, that one guy that you notice sitting on the bench over there like he has no life and by the time you turn the other way to feed the ducks your head is in a flying Guillotine.
Originally posted by: THEDEK

#4 TheJoeFlaccoShow

TheJoeFlaccoShow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:43 PM

The guy on the CBS halftime show said that he was being interviewed as we speal. Forgot the guys name.

So Billick has the job?

They are probably interviewing 10 people. So what.

#5 fylde5

fylde5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:45 PM

Being interveiwed this week. Everyone knows he interveiws well and you know he wants back in coaching. Who will beat him out?

#6 xxxfunbobxxx

xxxfunbobxxx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:48 PM

Being interveiwed this week. Everyone knows he interveiws well and you know he wants back in coaching. Who will beat him out?

the cinncinatti guy?

#7 Dscola31

Dscola31

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:48 PM

So Billick has the job?

They are probably interviewing 10 people. So what.

I was agreeing with you that it wa an interview:confused:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flacco is like the silent assassin, that one guy that you notice sitting on the bench over there like he has no life and by the time you turn the other way to feed the ducks your head is in a flying Guillotine.
Originally posted by: THEDEK

#8 Ravenswintitle

Ravenswintitle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,202 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:49 PM

why wouldn't they go after a catholic coach? John Gruden is catholic and from the midwest. Urban Meyer is catholic and certainly qualified. There are several others - Billick went to BYU right?
World Domination 3 points at a time

#9 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:51 PM

why wouldn't they go after a catholic coach? John Gruden is catholic and from the midwest. Urban Meyer is catholic and certainly qualified. There are several others - Billick went to BYU right?

So did Jim McMahon:rolleyes:

#10 ThieveryCorporation

ThieveryCorporation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

Is his money about to run out. If so he'll need to replenish his wallet. Maybe his style will translate into actual wins on the college level consistently. Bisciotti should be greatfull when he come off the books.

#11 Oriole Fan From New York

Oriole Fan From New York

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,248 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

why wouldn't they go after a catholic coach? John Gruden is catholic and from the midwest. Urban Meyer is catholic and certainly qualified. There are several others - Billick went to BYU, right?

BYU is a Protestant (Mormon) University, not Catholic.

#12 Ravenswintitle

Ravenswintitle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,202 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:08 PM

BYU is a Protestant (Mormon) University, not Catholic.

that's my point. They usually hire a catholic coach and there are several to choose from.

Man wonder how smart they feel about signing Weiss to that ten year extension a couple years ago... cha ching!

#13 HandsWarmer

HandsWarmer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

man you guys are gullible: its called the "Shotgun Effect"

Replace the pellets in a shotgun shell with a bunch of names of ex-high profile coaches and pull the trigger. Then see which one denies it the most; he is your man.
From the DCRTV.com "mailbag" "The rumors of Anita Marks getting fired have been going on ever since she hit the airwaves in Baltimore.. In fact, I've heard that her and Garceau joke about it all the time when they are standing next to each other at the urinals."- Ravenboy2003 (11/13/08)

#14 GOTA

GOTA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,612 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:31 PM

that's my point. They usually hire a catholic coach and there are several to choose from.

Man wonder how smart they feel about signing Weiss to that ten year extension a couple years ago... cha ching!

From my memory they always hire a Catholic coach.

The Speaker of Truth

#15 Jaz

Jaz

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,193 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

That would be pretty cool. A coach I don't like going to a team I don't like. Would make rooting against them even easier.

#16 GOTA

GOTA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,612 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:38 PM

Are they really interviewing coaches before they fire Weiss? Notre Dame usually isn't that classless.

The Speaker of Truth

#17 The Excellector

The Excellector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,758 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:41 PM

Billick representing Notre Dame.

What is he going to say first?

'Fellas...F*ck the Trojans'

Or how about: 'Tell Navy they should have brought a bigger stick'.
"Please take with you this final sword, the Excellector" - Leon. King's Field III, Playstation 1996

#18 Ravenswintitle

Ravenswintitle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,202 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:42 PM

Are they really interviewing coaches before they fire Weiss? Notre Dame usually isn't that classless.

I've been looking online and I can't find one thing other than chat boards. Not sure if there is much to this...plus like I said, there are some top notch Catholic coaches available that would likely get a look see first.

#19 GOTA

GOTA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,612 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:43 PM

I've been looking online and I can't find one thing other than chat boards. Not sure if there is much to this...plus like I said, there are some top notch Catholic coaches available that would likely get a look see first.

Gruden whose father coached at Notre Dame and who is still active with the school makes the most sense.

The Speaker of Truth

#20 KLynch

KLynch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:47 PM

Brian Billick isn't Mormon, not sure if he is catholic
www.SportsMaryland.com

MetroSports Weekly (Maryland's High School Sports Show) on SportsMaryland.com