Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

90@atime

Miaa baseball 2010

735 posts in this topic

It seems that the freshman and sophmore's have spread the talent out. Not so sure CHC has got all we use to? I will always support CHC but I love when it gets competitive! I have looked into several schools and before I post my opinion I would love to see what everyone else thinks about the upcoming year?

i believe john carroll is going to have a great year. im not saying they willwin the championship but i think they could have the best season at the school in a long time

I hope so, but I think they will be better next year, when KJ and Trent are seniors - they are short on pitching. Spalding started a couple freshman and Neary is a monster; Curley is too young, but will be good in a couple years; CH is deep and talented as always; Gibbons had some beasts on JV last year; Gilman depends on the health of their young pitchers [ you know who especially ]; Loyola lost a lot and JV was not great; McDonough has good coaching, but is thin. Just my big mouth opinion.

I'm not sure CHC is going to be the beast they usually are. Their pitchers for this year got rocked last year. Loyola and Spalding should contend along with CHC, I'm not sure about MSJ. Loyola returns a lot of seniors including some solid pitching from last year, as well as an excellent outfield in AJ Lardo, Ryan Cullen, and Connor Bruns, who was the only player to hit a home run off of Blake Geiger last year. Their infield should be solid as well. Apparently Loyola is trying to take the next step as a program, we'll see how they do with this.

From what I saw last year, JC had its successes because of the offensive prodution, especially from the 3-4 batters (KJ and Wolfe). With Wolfe gone, I think you will see most teams pitch around KJ. Depending on how it is handled, they may struggle because of the lack of bats around KJ and thin pitching. However, KJ's a monster as we all know-so anything can happen

Gilman will be good I think too. They have a wealth of young talent and return everyone from a team that was very good at hitting. I think sheets will cut out the stupid mental mistakes as well as the fielding errors so they will be good as long as their rotation holds up.

Chc down year and Loyola is the team to beat this year. KJ hasn't performed well since his maryland signing but i think he will be strong in the spring once again.

According to a very good and reliable source Hockaday, has not been offered an NLI

from Maryland, so he could not sign one.

well he verbally committed and im sure will be offered a NLI next fall so im pretty sure he will be playing at Maryland. Great ballplayer and hitter. Should think about moving to 3rd or 1st thats where hes going to make it as.

Chc down year and Loyola is the team to beat this year. KJ hasn't performed well since his maryland signing but i think he will be strong in the spring once again.

Definetly agree with you. Loyola is the team to beat this year. Strong seniors coming back this year. Mentioned earlier with Loyola's GREAT outfield (Cullen, Lardo, and Bruns) all returning starters. and some returning starters from the infield also (Marrow, Sedney).

With a new coach at Loyola again this year, I am hoping to see Loyola perform like they did sparingly last year and take down the Hall for the MIAA crown.

My son's at CHC, he says the pitching slots are wide open. He might even be one of them, if learns to control his 86-88 fastball.

My son's at CHC, he says the pitching slots are wide open. He might even be one of them, if learns to control his 86-88 fastball.

I have a friend at calvert hall and he says no one in the program has a fastball that fast. He says the fastest pitcher only throws 83-84

i hope you not talkin bout that kid facklor... st.frances plays calvert hall for their first game st.frances suppose to have some players down there n have two kids throwing in the mid to upper 80's fastball is that tru??? i heard they might win the B also is that tru also??

Calvert Hall probably does have the best lineup 1-9 with Bryant, Fitz, Lenowitz, and Bosse. They are really good hitters and you can guarantee that Eckrel will have the cardinals fundamentally sound which will make them contenders

how about curley or gibbons? They both lost a lot last year (gibbons losing offense, curley losing pitching) but they always seem to put good seasons together. Peltz is going to have a big year for CG as will Frat.

If St. Francis can come from the C to the B and win it in their 1st season that would be pretty good, because it's a few good teams in the B's.

To be the man you have to beat the man (when it counts), so until someone does that CHC is still on top !

St Francis has great coaches...and should be a well disciplined team...

CHC...heard they have at least one junior transfer that is supposed to be a top pitcher..

Well how will the "others" do ? I seen St. Paul's a few times in the fall and they seem to have a solid young team, does anyone think they could be a

.500 or better team ? Thery're pitching seemed ok.

Spalding didn't lose much from a team that had a lot of young kids on varsity already. I think if they can find a catcher and maybe 1 more pitcher they should be in the running for the championship

Calvert Hall probably does have the best lineup 1-9 with Bryant, Fitz, Lenowitz, and Bosse. They are really good hitters and you can guarantee that Eckrel will have the cardinals fundamentally sound which will make them contenders

I agree. Even as a Loyola supporter, I still think the Hall is the team to beat. Until a team proves them wrong come playoff time, you have to give them the benefit of the doubt at the start of the season.

As far as Loyola, I see where you are coming from as far as talent. The thing is that they lost a lot of key senior leadership from last year which I frankly think was more important in achieving their 3rd place finish (and almost-trip to Aberdeen) then just having talent. I also honestly don't see the solid pitching returning from last year. Last year they seemed relatively understaffed, with only 1-2 main starters. The rest seemed to be chosen by committee. I know that they have a few guys coming up, but I think they may be exposed because of their lack of pitching depth this year.

I have a friend at calvert hall and he says no one in the program has a fastball that fast. He says the fastest pitcher only throws 83-84

Seeing on how the pitchers have not started throwing yet, I would say that they are hitting 0. However, in the fall, 3 of CHCs returning pitchers hit between 84 to 86. Most importantly, they can hit location.

Believe me, we all respect CH - they could be broken into two teams and probably still come in 1st and 2nd, but it gets old. Rooting for them is like being a Yankees fan, I would guess [ yes, I am jealous ]. The rest of us can fight for 2nd - good luck to everyone and I am so happy to see some baseball talk foa a change - my only question - where is T800 to piss everyone off and really get this thing going??

Not to slight any of CHCs three top pitchers (assuming we're talker about Trimmer, Sgroi, and Swearingen), but none of them were consistantly 84-86 LAST SUMMER. However, haven't seen them this fall-so this could obviously change. And I think all 3 of them are VERY good pitchers, but none of them were consistantly 84-86 this summer. Topping out at 86, maybe. big maybe. but again, this could've changed

Not to slight any of CHCs three top pitchers (assuming we're talker about Trimmer, Sgroi, and Swearingen), but none of them were consistantly 84-86 LAST SUMMER. However, haven't seen them this fall-so this could obviously change. And I think all 3 of them are VERY good pitchers, but none of them were consistantly 84-86 this summer. Topping out at 86, maybe. big maybe. but again, this could've changed

You are correct in that none were throwing that hard in summer. However, they all had a long layoff between the end of high school and the beginning of their summer season so their arm strength was down. As you are well aware, summer baseball is the most difficult time for a pitcher especially on a tournament team where you may only throw 2 or 3 inning a weekend. However, I did see them hit 84 consistently with some speeds up to 86 in the fall. Once they begin a regular begin their regular throwing program over the winter, I suspect that they will be consistently in the 84-86 range. However, it is more important to know how to pitch and change speed and hit locations. I saw a lot of pitcher throwing 88-89 this summer that got hit hard.