Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

90@atime

Miaa baseball 2010

735 posts in this topic

Off the top of my head' date='

Bosse

Lardo

Neary

Peltz

These four were standouts last year, just the first 4 I thought of.[/quote']

Pat Fitzgerald at CHC. Was injured much of last year. Will come back strong.

Anyone have predictions on MIAA "player of the year" candidates for 2010??? Who are the top 5?

My top 5 would be:

Lardo (Loyola)

Hockaday (JC)

Peltz (Gibbons)

Lenovitz (CHC)

Draper (St. Joe)

Yeah I would say it's pretty wide open this year. A lot of good players in the league.

I think even more then years past, there's depth as far as talent goes. Maybe not the one or two big studs (i.e. Steve Johnson, Erbe, Blair, Yermal etc..) but there's surely a slew of guys to consider.

Many CHC players: Lenovitz, Fitzgerald, Bryant, Welling...

Peltz and Frat from CG

Draper, KJ, Lardo from some of the other schools. There were after all 8-10 MIAA players on some of the best fall teams in the area. Should be interesting to see who has some big years

I think the front-runner for the player of the year is a kid named Brendan Hartman for Loyola. I believe he hit in the high .400's last year and pitched about as good as Randy Johnson did back in his prime. He can hit mid-80 as a pitcher and is definetly one of the fastest kids around the state of maryland.

Re Hartman: So Loyola is where he is. I thought he disappeared. You would think you would have heard something before his senior year to be POY candidate. He has an awkward straight overhand windup and at 85 (what you say)just another pitcher in the midrange. .

Needless to say, Brendan Hartman was not even the most featured junior on the roster.

Michael Roberta had some good innings in the playoffs, and Ian Sedney/Michael Bullock were solid pitchers.

I hear he is getting drafted soon also? I hear he is the real deal for pitchers in maryland.

Where in the world are you getting this information? Must not be from a credible source.

The Maryland All-State List is out. These 30 were picked from about 115 nominations. What does everyone think?

convissar - sp 2010

tr clark - hammond 2010

marsh - chesapeake aa 2010

ramsay -sp 2010

wissmann - hammond 2010

selmer - riverdale bap. 2010

kean - old mill

gowe - st. michaels 2010

seitzer - chesapeake aa 2010

fitzpatrick -mcdonough 2010

draper - msj 2010

lardo - loyola 2011

anderson - st. frances ??

steele - reservoir 2010

cunningham - blake 2010

christensen - hammond 2010

riley - gaithersburg 2010

ty clark - hammond 2010

fratantuono - cardinal gibbons 2010

parks - st michaels ??

bouey - sherwood 2011

hill - st frances ??

wolfe - huntingtown 2010

bennett - decatur 2010

driscoll -urbana ??

glazer - clear spring ??

lenovitz - calvert hall 2010

nadolny - belair 2010

kratochwill - marriots ridge 2010

bennett - col. richardson 2010

The Maryland All-State List is out. These 30 were picked from about 115 nominations. What does everyone think?

convissar - sp 2010

tr clark - hammond 2010

marsh - chesapeake aa 2010

ramsay -sp 2010

wissmann - hammond 2010

selmer - riverdale bap. 2010

kean - old mill

gowe - st. michaels 2010

seitzer - chesapeake aa 2010

fitzpatrick -mcdonough 2010

draper - msj 2010

lardo - loyola 2011

anderson - st. frances ??

steele - reservoir 2010

cunningham - blake 2010

christensen - hammond 2010

riley - gaithersburg 2010

ty clark - hammond 2010

fratantuono - cardinal gibbons 2010

parks - st michaels ??

bouey - sherwood 2011

hill - st frances ??

wolfe - huntingtown 2010

bennett - decatur 2010

driscoll -urbana ??

glazer - clear spring ??

lenovitz - calvert hall 2010

nadolny - belair 2010

kratochwill - marriots ridge 2010

bennett - col. richardson 2010

Congrats to the great players from the MIAA-A. Other top players from the MIAA-A were nominated including;

Troy Marrow - Loyola

Joseph Bolling - Archbishop Curley

Sean Doyle - Archbishop Curley

Austin Neary - Archbishop Spalding

Ben Smallenbroek - Archbishop Spalding

Matt Bosse - Calvert hall

Greg Bryant - Calvert Hall

Pat Fitzgerald - Calvert Hall

KJ Hockaday - John Carroll

Zach Spahn - Mt Saint Joe

I believe that Lardo ,Smallenbroek, Neary, Spahn and Hockaday are only juniors

I believe the top 5 Candidates for POY are

Mike Draper-MSJ

AJ Lardo- Loyola

Troy Marrow-Loyola

Austin Neary- Spalding

KJ Hockaday- John Carroll

I believe the top 5 Candidates for POY are

Mike Draper-MSJ

AJ Lardo- Loyola

Troy Marrow-Loyola

Austin Neary- Spalding

KJ Hockaday- John Carroll

I would add lenovitz and fitzpatrick to the list. The MIAA POY will be one of those 7. I also predict that the Metro POY will be one of those 7 as well. I have 1 in mind but don't want to go out on that limb. I will say that there is 3 of the 7 that I think are PURE baseball players and will have opportinities way beyond college. Though I think all 7 have futures after college. If there was 1 kid outside of that 7 it would be the Marsh kid from Chesapeake. The SP kids are very good but with that small field, you have to question all of the stats. Its not the kids faults but it is fact.

Any other opinions?

From what I have seen Marsh is a real good player. The kid is a very good fielder but has an awesome stick. I think he should have made all metro last year. Does anyone know where Draper or Marrow are playing college ball next year?

From what I have seen Marsh is a real good player. The kid is a very good fielder but has an awesome stick. I think he should have made all metro last year. Does anyone know where Draper or Marrow are playing college ball next year?

Draper going to Towson and Marrow to NC Central Univ.

Marsh is one of the most reliable and consistent players you will see. Nothing flashy and not super athletic but has an excellent glove, very solid hitter and is a gamer.

Draper going to Towson and Marrow to UNC Central

Good for them. I cant wait to watch these two kids this year because they both can do some damage with their bats..

I would add lenovitz and fitzpatrick to the list. The MIAA POY will be one of those 7. I also predict that the Metro POY will be one of those 7 as well. I have 1 in mind but don't want to go out on that limb. I will say that there is 3 of the 7 that I think are PURE baseball players and will have opportinities way beyond college. Though I think all 7 have futures after college. If there was 1 kid outside of that 7 it would be the Marsh kid from Chesapeake. The SP kids are very good but with that small field, you have to question all of the stats. Its not the kids faults but it is fact.

Any other opinions?

Agree with you on Fitzpatrick. Lenovitz is a great hitter too.

Pat Fitzgerald my be in the mix too....

Outside, Alex Ramsay from SP is supposed to be one of the top player in the country according to Perfect Game. Certainly has the bat and arm as a catcher.

Greg Bryant should be a POY candidate. He was slowed last year due to illness, but had a terrific summer and fall. Also, 2 CHC pitchers are out for year with arm problems. Another pitcher may be ineligible due to grades.

Greg Bryant should be a POY candidate. He was slowed last year due to illness, but had a terrific summer and fall. Also, 2 CHC pitchers are out for year with arm problems. Another pitcher may be ineligible due to grades.

Bryant is a very good talented shortstop with a bright future at the Naval Academy. I agree he is a potential POY candidate. Very talented all around.

2 CHC pitchers out? and maybe another? Sounds big...are they some of the top arms for the staff?

I agree with that - where is Greg going to play this yr. SS?

Which pitchers are out for injury?

With the pitching the way it is now throughout the MIAA, there will be a lot of high scoring games!

Anyone know where the Maryland All-State list is posted ? On the Maryland State Association of Baseball Coaches site it's not updated yet.