Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Is there anyone out there that can stand Marty Bass ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#1 SeaDee3

SeaDee3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:02 AM

How does this guy keep his job? I tried to watch him during the snow storm and reinforced my opinion that this guy is a pure idiot. Make that a pure obnoxious idiot. He has to have photos stashed somewhere that keeps him employed. He is even worse when he tries to force his self proclaimed sports expertise at us.

I met him in person many years ago when he wore the "Afro" hair piece. He was an obnoxious jack@$$ then. My daughter was probably 15 at the time and she saw him and said hello. It was Christmas and we were out at Valley View Farms. He was smoking a cigarette and he looked at her and said "get lost".

He has to have photos. I heard his wife is the daughter of some TV executive that he works for. Even that couldn';t keep this Bozo on the air waves. WJZ ..wise up and tell Marty @$$ to "get lost"

Edited by SeaDee3, 21 December 2009 - 08:18 AM.

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

#2 alienrace

alienrace

Destroyer of Trolls and B.S.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,575 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:05 AM

Yeah, I can't stand the guy. He has no business discussing sports at all.
The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#3 Oriole-Bob

Oriole-Bob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:06 AM

How does this guy keep his job? I tried to watch him during the snow storm and reinforced my opinion that this guy is a pure idiot. Make that a pure obnoxious idiot. He has to have photos stashed somewhere that keeps him employed. He is even worse when he tries to force his self proclaimed sports expertise at us.

I met him in person many years ago when he wore the "Afro" hair piece. He was an obnoxious jack@$$ then. My daughter was probably 15 at the time and she saw him and said hello. It was Christmas and we were out at Valley View Farms. He was smoking a cigarette and he looked at her and said "get lost".

He has to have photos. I heard his wife is the daughter of some TV executive that he works for. Even that couldn';t keep this Bozo on the air waves. WJZ ..wise up and tell Marty ***** to "get lost"

He is annoying. There was also a blonde girl on Fox Saturday, i don't know her name but she seriously said that there was 12 inches of snow on the ground and that equals a foot lol :rolleyes:

#4 MsTaken

MsTaken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,567 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:06 AM

Yeah, he's an idiot. I was shaking my head about that just this morning when -- for about the 10,000 time, despite working the TV morning show for a million years -- he forgot to turn on his microphone. The other thing that kills me is that he's "serious" that every person he interviews is the all-time-best whatever.... Yeah, Marty, you're the all-time-best smoke blower. What a moron. I'd never watch him, but my husband likes that station in the morning, for some reason.

#5 SeaDee3

SeaDee3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:10 AM

He is annoying. There was also a blonde girl on Fox Saturday, i don't know her name but she seriously said that there was 12 inches of snow on the ground and that equals a foot lol :rolleyes:

I love all of the ladies on FOX. Most are very bright as well as beautiful. Especially on the national FOX News . 45 & 5 are a notch below. If were 30 years younger and single I would chase Rebecca Gomez-Diamond until she gave in. She is absolutely beautiful.

#6 ch24

ch24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,788 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:11 AM

I'm not a huge fan, but I like 13's news better than any other station.

Channel 2 lost me forever the other day, now they won't even be included in the "flip around". They actually showed clips from Godzilla as an intro to the weather report (because of the storm coming). It was the most retarded, cheesiest thing I have ever seen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Wouldn't take much for me to up and run.....to another life somewhere in the sun....."-Kenny Chesney

#7 bluecrab420

bluecrab420

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,482 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:12 AM

Marty Bass is a pervert who got caught cruising for hookers in Fells Point years ago!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 baltbob21206

baltbob21206

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,143 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:13 AM

Can not stand Marty "look at me" Bass.
Haven't watched in years, just can't do it, he is way too obnoxious
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It isn't about ETHNIC, its about ETHIC.
DEMS ON TAXES: You make it, we take it, everybody wins!:eek:

The ball is now squarely in the Democrats court. Show me.
No-one will rip the "S" off the O's shirt.
http://obamaclock.org/

US National Debt- http://zfacts.com/p/461.html Can we ever balance that? When The Bamster said "I Do" it was 10,676,763,787,462. 6 months in, $11,800,735,234,339. Golly, look at them numbers soar!!! (TRILLIONS)

There is nothing like the love of an Afghan Hound

#9 segram99

segram99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:16 AM

I would love to know what Don Scott really thinks about him...

He deserves a medal working with Marty all these years.
Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean.

Christopher Reeve (1952-2004)

#10 Niamhaine

Niamhaine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,248 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:18 AM

I knew we were doomed the night Marty drug the policewoman on the side of his car when he attempted to "hook up" while she was working undercover as a prostitute. The station covered for him when he claimed he was doing some undercover "research" himself. Hush, hush, hush....

The weatherman working on a story about prostitutes:rolleyes:, guess he wanted to show her how many inches his weatherstick could measure:eek:. IMHO, he is an absolute piece of slime.

#11 Aleph

Aleph

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:19 AM

I like him. He's fun.

#12 SeaDee3

SeaDee3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:21 AM

I knew we were doomed the night Marty drug the policewoman on the side of his car when he attempted to "hook up" while she was working undercover as a prostitute. The station covered for him when he claimed he was doing some undercover "research" himself. Hush, hush, hush....

The weatherman working on a story about prostitutes:rolleyes:, guess he wanted to show her how many inches his weatherstick could measure:eek:. IMHO, he is an absolute piece of slime.

Niamhaine...you have to quit holding back. Let it out.

#13 Aleph

Aleph

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:23 AM

She must be getting cranky for some reason. ;)

#14 Niamhaine

Niamhaine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,248 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:43 AM

Niamhaine...you have to quit holding back. Let it out.

One of the few people for whom I feel absolutely no forgiveness...how could you tell?:o:p

#15 Marchetti

Marchetti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:46 AM

He has the unique abilty to be able to fool the right people!

:cool:
Unitas was so outraged that he cut all ties to the relocated team. Other prominent old-time Colts followed his lead. After the NFL returned to Baltimore as the Ravens for the 1996 season, Unitas and most of the other old-time Colts regarded THE RAVENS as the TRUE SUCCESSORS of the Baltimore Colts.

"I'll show you how to field a respected, competetive baseball team
if you show me how to be a more effective dictator
!"
--Fidel Castro to Peter Angelos

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:cool:

i don't get it.

#16 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,137 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:52 AM

Marty's alright, I think some of you people just take him too seriously. For the record though, my roommate who has had personal dealings with him says he doesn't just play a jerk on tv :P
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#17 microg

microg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:00 AM

I must be the odd one out. I can stand him.

#18 johman

johman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,829 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:03 AM

Clearly someone, someplace and for some inexplicable reason is willing to employ Bass for whatever it is that he brings to the table. I don't know why, nor can I imagine why that might be. Don't really care either. I chalk it up to being just another one of those strange circumstances in life elusive of any worthwhile meaning.

#19 workerbee

workerbee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,895 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:20 AM

Merry Christmas!
TERM LIMITS NOW!

#20 saxman

saxman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,874 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:25 AM

Get a grip, people. Mr. Bass' personal life, like President Clinton's, or Tiger Woods' has no bearing whatsoever on his ability to do the job.

Many years ago, when my mother ran the first time for a seat in the MAryland House of Delegates, she said he and Jerry Turner wee the only two people, of all the tv networks who interviewed her who asked cogent questions, and who had any concept of what the office she was seeking entailed.

As to whether he knows anything about sports, who cares? For crying out loud; it's just a freaking GAME. If professional sports are the be-all and end all of your life, that is a pretty sad commentary.

Your green eyes were sparkling.

Your smile lit the room.

I took one look, and I knew I was doomed.

I swore to the stars that shine down from above

I'd not be a Fool For Love.

08/10/05 !!!!!! ;)

"Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?"

"I see dumb people, and they don't even know they're dumb." The Sixth Sense
Namaste