Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

techbalt

"Sheila Dixon Resigns - Steiner Show today at 5pm"

173 posts in this topic

Just got this email from Steiner:

"Sheila Dixon resigned from her position as Mayor of Baltimore today. Join us on The Marc Steiner Show for a 2 hour special today from 5-7pm. We'll discuss what this means for Baltimore, and what will happen next. Join our panel of guests with your own thoughts; call in at 410-319-8888 or email us at steinershow@gmail.com.

Listen from 5-7pm on WEAA 88.9FM or online at http://www.weaa.org. All shows are also available as podcasts at http://www.steinershow.org."

WBAL & WJZ have nothing on it, yet.

IF, it is true, who would take her place?

Fenton tweets about the "Rumors" and Steiner

http://twitter.com/justin_fenton

Steiner is putting his credibility on the line for this one. On facebook I have seen numerous people re-post his email. I hope he did not jump the gun in order to get more people to listen to his show today.

I would be my bottom dollar that if the shoe does fold her hand, she will do it with all the networks salivating outside city hall at prime time, not with a leak by Marc Steiner.

Jill Carter on Facebook says:

"I don't believe it is official. But, what has been reported to me, from a reliable source, is that she has informed staff and a few others of her resignation."

Awwwww Lawdy Jesus help me please take me not her not my baby.

I'll believe it once I see an announcement somewhere other than Facebook or Twitter. Neither of those qualifies as a real news source.

If this is true he is a journalistic genius to pull off this scoop.

If not he will look like a total jackass.

With Twitter, who need AP or UPI?

Date of Dixon resignation, February 4th according to WBAL #dixontrial

Wbal radio just reported fines, community service and feb 4 resignation

I'll believe it once I see an announcement somewhere other than Facebook or Twitter. Neither of those qualifies as a real news source.

This is true, but they both are LINKED to primary news sources that can be verified. It's about using the tool to your advantage, and filtering out the hype.

Breaking News WJZ-TV: Mayor reaches a plea agreement to step down from office.

WBAL TV's Jayne Miller reports:

"Miller said the theory is that if Dixon gets her legal problems out of the way and leaves office, she can then fight to save her pension. That's worth more than $80,000 a year.

Scheming, even until the end. A real piece of.........work.

And where does that $80,000/year pension come from? You guessed it, the taxpayer. :rolleyes:

Someone spectulated: Dixon still gets the last laugh, keeps her $83K/year pension.

(Now THIS is not from a news source, but it is worth considering...the Shoefinger punted for field position)