Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest JoeRoss578

Do you think it's OK to park in a spot that someone dug out?

Is it OK to park in a spot that someone else dug out?   113 members have voted

1. 1. Is it OK to park in a spot that someone else dug out?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

519 posts in this topic

Thanks for defending me, Webmommy!

I couldn't understand how the Gary Larsen reference applied to my post, so I assumed it was meant for someone else :-) But thanks for clarifying, lilywhyte.

I have thought long and hard about this situation, which is why I offered my long-winded post. I don't mind shoveling out a space, or three, but you do have to wonder if there are able-bodied people who don't shovel any spaces and only park in others' shoveled-out spaces.

My response to those who say it's OK to park for a short period of time in a space they didn't shovel out is... I can't tell by looking at your car if you're there for a short time or a few days.

So I drive until I find an illegal spot and park there. Then, if you have left by the time I walk by the spot I originally shoveled, I could go back and get my car to move it, but I risk having someone else beat me to it. And I also risk losing the illegal spot I found.

There is a difference between parking in a space you didn't shovel out for a half-hour versus a few days. But not if that half-hour happens during the time I happen to come home from a long day at work and am looking to park there.

I don't mark the spaces I shovel because I live across from a Medical Center that lacks parking for its patients. I can't stand the thought they would be stopped from parking in front of my house all day even though I'm at work; it's a waste.

I felt certain you understood the Gary Larson reference didn't apply to you. Thanks for verifying, Anne. You're a voice of reason amidst an impossible parking situation. :)

My point has been that the world ticks on with or without the snow. People have jobs to do, have things that need attended to, have people to take care of. No matter what the weather or the conditions, these "things" happen, and they happen in the wide open spaces of the country where there is ample space to move snow AND they happen in cramped city streets that never saw a snow plow.

I think it's extremely short sighted, selfish, impolite, and simply stupid to pretend this doesn't or can't happen simply because one had to put forth a bit of effort and discomfort.

That's all.....it snowed.............life goes on.......it's that simple.

Maybe next time, we should petition to shut the outside world down until the parking spaces reappear.

In other words, you don't have to worry about a spot at your own home so screw those that do, correct?

Well neither do I but I have enough common courtesy from my upbringing to feel for those that do.

And I haven't read one thread that begrudges a HVAC van, delivery truck, pizza delivery or any services vehicle taking a cleared spot for a short time bases. I see most of the outrage towards fellow residents who are too self centered or lard butt lazy to shovel out their own space and park in cleared spaces by others over night or longer.

Can't make it any simpilar for you.

Edited by jonsensback

In other words, you don't have to worry about a spot at your own home so screw those that do, correct?

Well neither do I but I have enough common courtesy from my upbringing to feel for those that do.

And I haven't read one thread that begrudges a HVAC van, delivery truck, pizza delivery or any services vehicle taking a cleared spot for a short time bases. I see most of the outrage towards fellow residents who are too self centered or lard butt lazy to shovel out their own space and park in cleared spaces by others over night or longer.

Can't make it any simpilar for you.

Yeah.....you've got me all figured out.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure all your peeps in da' hood are gratefull for you teaching us heathens 'bout 'spect and all.

Dude....it was childish. Again, if you are parked on a public street, you are not entitled to have that spot. If you want reserved parking, purchase a home with a driveway and garage. And we haven't addressed the possible body damage you did to this vehicle. Grow up man. I would have been a little upset if I struggled to dig out a spot and someone took it but that does not give me license to take it to another level. What's the next step...this person comes out, is told who did this to him and then proceeds to bash your head in? Come on man

fyi - he wasn't parked on a public street, he told the guy to move (and he didn't), and finally it may be childish in your opinion but karma she's a B##*^. If you're not man enough to dig your own darn spot and take someone else's, you should expect karma to bite you in the butt. If I spend my time digging out a place and some jerk comes along and takes it, I will put all the snow I just shoveled right back into the space it came out of. I dug it and I can un-dig it. I'm so glad that I moved out of the townhouse communtity I lived in. Every snow the same people would wait until everyone else had shoveled out their cars and then move theirs (and we're talking they had more than one car) into the cleared ones. Treat others like you'd like to be treated and you won't get your car covered in snow.

fyi - he wasn't parked on a public street, he told the guy to move (and he didn't), and finally it may be childish in your opinion but karma she's a B##*^. If you're not man enough to dig your own darn spot and take someone else's, you should expect karma to bite you in the butt. If I spend my time digging out a place and some jerk comes along and takes it, I will put all the snow I just shoveled right back into the space it came out of. I dug it and I can un-dig it. I'm so glad that I moved out of the townhouse communtity I lived in. Every snow the same people would wait until everyone else had shoveled out their cars and then move theirs (and we're talking they had more than one car) into the cleared ones. Treat others like you'd like to be treated and you won't get your car covered in snow.

Don't cover someone else's car in snow and you won't have all the air let out of your tires (through the stems, of course). Karma does bite, huh

Every snow the same people would wait until everyone else had shoveled out their cars and then move theirs (and we're talking they had more than one car) into the cleared ones.
I still have trouble picturing this. How were these "same people" able to move their cars, which were presumably in a snow-filled parking spot, to one that was clear without shoveling out? If they were able to get out without shoveling, one would think that you could pull into such a spot without shoveling. I have heard that the physics of Bizarro Planet are a little different than the ones here on Earth, though.

Btw, I just heard on the news this morning that Madame Empress Queen Mayor Stephanie finally decided to begin upholding the law again. She's back to saying that the practice of putting debris in the street is illegal. I hope the people who put out trash cans with their house address on them are the first to get ticketed. I won't hold my breath, though.

I still have trouble picturing this. How were these "same people" able to move their cars, which were presumably in a snow-filled parking spot, to one that was clear without shoveling out? If they were able to get out without shoveling, one would think that you could pull into such a spot without shoveling. I have heard that the physics of Bizarro Planet are a little different than the ones here on Earth, though.

Btw, I just heard on the news this morning that Madame Empress Queen Mayor Stephanie finally decided to begin upholding the law again. She's back to saying that the practice of putting debris in the street is illegal. I hope the people who put out trash cans with their house address on them are the first to get ticketed. I won't hold my breath, though.

I park in a garage downtown. No shovelling my spot there to park and go to work. I've been to the mall, the grocery store, and Target. No shovelling there, either. I haven't been visiting anyone at their home. No place to park. So some of us are able to go about our daily routine while only having to shovel out at home.

Who knows.

Things are odd there...

Maybe their cars can only go over snow in reverse?

I park in a garage downtown. No shovelling my spot there to park and go to work. I've been to the mall, the grocery store, and Target. No shovelling there, either. I haven't been visiting anyone at their home. No place to park. So some of us are able to go about our daily routine while only having to shovel out at home.
So you're saying that some people wait in a garage or parking lot downtown for someone else to clear the parking spaces in their neighborhood? Is there some kind of traffic cam on their home street that they can check online, or do they simply get a phone call from a friend or family member letting them know that a freshly-cleared parking spot is available to "steal"?

So you're saying that some people wait in a garage or parking lot downtown for someone else to clear the parking spaces in their neighborhood? Is there some kind of traffic cam on their home street that they can check online, or do they simply get a phone call from a friend or family member letting them know that a freshly-cleared parking spot is available to "steal"?

:confused:

She's saying she knows her "limits" when it snows.

Her "limits" are to go to work where there is no need to shovel, go shopping where there is no need to shovel and go home where she shoveled and no one else is allowed to squat or benefit from the hard work that she put into making sure she can get out to all of the other places where there is no snow.

Or something like that? ;):DB)

The storm has been over long enough now, parking spaces should be first come first served!

If I spend hours digging my car out and someone is inconsiderate enough to park in that spot, I won't damage your car, but you would have to dig it out after I buried it. :P

There was not even any snow in LA.

Short-fused singer Chris Brown landed a punch Sunday night in a fight with rival singer Frank Ocean over a parking space, a witness told cops.

Brown, 23, who is still on probation for beating up then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009, was one of six men fighting outside Westlake Studio in West Hollywood around 8 p.m., according to the LA County Sheriff’s Department.

By the time cops got to the scene, however, Brown and his posse were gone. Ocean reported the incident to cops — and later made sure the Twitterverse was informed, too

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/cops-investigating-chris-brown-frank-ocean-brawl-article-1.1249613#ixzz2JJ77FGs2

just in case in snows tomorrow ........

Tis the season!

Well done, Norman! :D