Photo
- - - - -

Obama Unveils Plan for Commission to Tackle Federal Deficit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 JBartco

JBartco

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:29 PM

"For far too long, Washington has avoided the tough choices necessary to solve our fiscal problems," Mr. Obama said.

http://online.wsj.co...=googlenews_wsj

Is there a Nobel Prize for chutzpah??

#2 douger

douger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,735 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

"For far too long, Washington has avoided the tough choices necessary to solve our fiscal problems," Mr. Obama said.

The "commission" means nothing without the backing of law that requires government to enact any of the suggestions.

But I do suspect this will be the expiration date on Obama's promise not to raise taxes on the middle class.

#3 baltbob21206

baltbob21206

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,143 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:43 PM

Amazing.
What he did to the countries deficit in one year and he forms a "commission?:confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It isn't about ETHNIC, its about ETHIC.
DEMS ON TAXES: You make it, we take it, everybody wins!:eek:

The ball is now squarely in the Democrats court. Show me.
No-one will rip the "S" off the O's shirt.
http://obamaclock.org/

US National Debt- http://zfacts.com/p/461.html Can we ever balance that? When The Bamster said "I Do" it was 10,676,763,787,462. 6 months in, $11,800,735,234,339. Golly, look at them numbers soar!!! (TRILLIONS)

There is nothing like the love of an Afghan Hound

#4 david wayne osedach

david wayne osedach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:44 PM

When is he going to tackle unemployment? Before or after he destroys the budget.

#5 douger

douger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,735 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:46 PM

When is he going to tackle unemployment? Before or after he destroys the budget.

There's a "budget?"

Who knew?

#6 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:46 PM

I wonder how much that's going to cost...
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#7 douger

douger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,735 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:49 PM

I wonder how much that's going to cost...

For the today only, one low price deal of a couple of trillion dollars.

#8 JBartco

JBartco

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:17 PM

Amazing.
What he did to the countries deficit in one year and he forms a "commission?:confused:

To investigate himself!!

Chutzpah!!

#9 dsummoner

dsummoner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,386 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:19 PM

With his orgy of spending (rivaling that of the arch-criminal and gutter filth FDR)?
Vae Victus
Some regard private enterprise as if it were a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look upon it as a cow that they can milk. Only a handful see it for what it really is -- the strong horse that pulls the whole cart. - Churchill
Of course we're trying to be tax-efficient. Who doesn't want to be tax-efficient?" - The Edge of U2 on the use of Dutch tax shelters.
Merchant of Death & Ascriber of Jahbulon.
My purity is corrupted by my humanity - Me.

Amir of the Kufr Mujahiddeen

#10 ccp

ccp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:23 PM

Obama to outspend fdr...

#11 Emotional Friend

Emotional Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:33 PM

Wow. A commission of foxes to figure out how to guard the henhouse.

#12 flydoc

flydoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

I thought that this was why we elected (hired temporarily) representatives and sentors. Fooiish me.

#13 JimLawler

JimLawler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:54 PM

I clenching my butt cheeks for the onslaught.

#14 douger

douger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,735 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:55 PM

I thought that this was why we elected (hired temporarily) representatives and sentors. Fooiish me.

Only because...like BRAC...they can be held to their own recommendations.

#15 JBartco

JBartco

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:57 PM

Not to mention the CBO.

#16 SalisburySage

SalisburySage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,834 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:05 PM

It's beyond credulity. The sad part about this is that there are people out there who are going to believe that Obama is actually doing something. LOL! If I were an Obama supporter I would be embarrased and hide my face. Even Elenor Cliff has to be gaging on this latest "Big Lie" from the anti-christ.

Appointing a commission of has beens who couldn't be elected dog catcher to, in effect, invesigate himself so that he could look like he's a responsible President is CRAZY.

And if any of you out there think that any Nuclear Power Plants are going to be built I have a bridge to sell you cheap.

We need to start impeachment proceeding on that jackass. Dear God!!
We had better defeat every politician who had anything to do with voting for ANY of Obama's policies.
Attacking Gay marriage and trying to legislate your beliefs that homosexuality is a sin in order to protect American Families is like banning money to cure poverty

"Moral disapproval of a group cannot be a legitimate state interest."

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

#17 douger

douger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,735 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

It's beyond credulity. The sad part about this is that there are people out there who are going to believe that Obama is actually doing something. LOL! If I were an Obama supporter I would be embarrased and hide my face. Even Elenor Cliff has to be gaging on this latest "Big Lie" from the anti-christ.

Appointing a commission of has beens who couldn't be elected dog catcher to, in effect, invesigate himself so that he could look like he's a responsible President is CRAZY.

And if any of you out there think that any Nuclear Power Plants are going to be built I have a bridge to sell you cheap.

We need to start impeachment proceeding on that jackass. Dear God!!
We had better defeat every politician who had anything to do with voting for ANY of Obama's policies.

Dude...

As good as it probably sounds, gross incompetence is hardly a "high crime or misdemeanor."

Besides, he has cohorts.

#18 luthersomd

luthersomd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,394 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:12 PM

Dude...

As good as it probably sounds, gross incompetence is hardly a "high crime or misdemeanor."

Besides, he has cohorts.

Sometimes you take an awfully long reach. But I don't want to play in your fun and games!

#19 douger

douger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,735 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:16 PM

Sometimes you take an awfully long reach. But I don't want to play in your fun and games!

Hey! I stood up for your boy! ;)

#20 luthersomd

luthersomd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,394 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:23 PM

Hey! I stood up for your boy! ;)

Gross incompetence is standing up for my boy. Wow...I'm glad you didn't rate my work performance.:eek: