Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baltimatt

Signs of spring

112 posts in this topic

I was walking along E. 33rd Street near Union Memorial Hospital today, looking for signs of spring. Much of the snow had melted on the north side of the street, and I could see those little blue flowers that grow in the grass--what are they called? Also I saw one crocus in bloom.

Wow, crocus already, that is a good sign...

We had a large flock of red wing blackbirds out in the yard eating the cracked corn I threw out for the birds. That is a good sign...

Also hearing the Great Horned Owl talking back and forth out back in the woods is another. I think I read one time that this is the time of year they mate...

Come on April!!!

My deck is dry. Except for where the roof is still melting. I shoveled the entire thing, dried out the rug and dog's bed, wiped down the chairs, and got the hammock ready.

Bring on SUMMER!!!!

I do see the very early beginnings of buds on my purple leaf plum tree. Twenty-seven days until the first day of Spring :)

Tree buds form in late summer, usually about August.

I am hearing the birds of Spring sing in the mornings...

before the dual blizzard affair, i had seen some daffodils poking up when i was in Canton for lunch. i hope they get uncovered soon.

Patio Furniture is appearing in many stores, as well as spring clothes and swim suits

My daffs and crocus are struggling through the snow. It's good sign.

I walked through Home Deport yesterday and just hung around the lawn mowers and the seed area. Therapy.

just got back from my mother's and the doves are starting to stake out nesting sites on her patio...

I was at my place in West Virginia yesterday and the streams are moving, so something is melting. Saw a flock of robins the other day too!

I was at my place in West Virginia yesterday and the streams are moving, so something is melting. Saw a flock of robins the other day too!

that's nice to hear:) March is on our door step so any left over winter will be short lived.

Another sure sign of Spring is people reclaining the lawn furniture they used to save their parking places. :D

I don't know what the temp is, but I was just out in shorts and a tank top and it's NICE out :D I've got the slider open and all. I love fresh air.

I don't know what the temp is, but I was just out in shorts and a tank top and it's NICE out :D I've got the slider open and all. I love fresh air.

where are you? i like fresh air too, but not yet. :eek::D

before the 5 foot snow dump...i saw little green things peeking out of the ground here at the new house. i can't wait to see what is planted here. oh my...i'm simply longing for spring. <<<<<sigh>>>>>

where are you? i like fresh air too, but not yet. :eek::D

LMAO Perry Hall. I had it open yesterday too, had to shut it around 7 though, started getting REAL cold lol.

The slider is at the southern end of the house, so it's way sunny. That area gets real warm all afternoon. So having the door open isn't bad.

We had the windows halfway down in the car this afternoon. :)

When the blue plastic bags bloom on the limbs of trees and the lone pairs of sneakers sprout up and hang down on the electrical wires running overhead, I'll know that spring is finally hear in Baltimore.

There was a patch on my lawn today that was brown and green, not white. I kind of remember that's some kind of plant that grows there...

When the blue plastic bags bloom on the limbs of trees and the lone pairs of sneakers sprout up and hang down on the electrical wires running overhead, I'll know that spring is finally hear in Baltimore.

word ray ray

I was walking along E. 33rd Street near Union Memorial Hospital today, looking for signs of spring. Much of the snow had melted on the north side of the street, and I could see those little blue flowers that grow in the grass--what are they called? Also I saw one crocus in bloom.

A wonderful sign of spring is a row of parked snow plows. IMHO